Chapter 25

The Next Generation

They had Hoseok's funeral, and Taehyung ended up taking Hoseok's place in Namjoon's group. It was a joint decision for everyone in Namjoon's group to leave, needing time away from the capitol for the time being. Mark felt like it was his fault, even with the others reassuring him that it wasn't and it had just been a bit unexpected.

Mark, Jeonghan, Taeil and Taeyong went to meet Namjoon and his group at the gates, to say bye and see them off. Mark wanted to see them off, so they went to do so. "So everyone is going?" Asked Mark as he turned to Namjoon. "No, Jin wanted to stay," said Namjoon. "I'm staying Mark-ah," said Jin. Mark smiled slightly, though it faltered. "Mark-ah, I'm staying because I want to, not because I'm not officially part of the group," said Jin. "Besides, your group could use a healer," he said. "I didn't feel right with the group, they have Jimin-ah," he said. "Taehyung-ah and Kookie-ah can go, I dote them too much anyway," he said with a chuckle. Mark nodded.

"We're going east," said Namjoon. "At least, for a bit," he said. "I don't know how long we'll be gone, but we need this break really," he said. "Hey, if you stop by the southern outpost, tell Baekho and Suho we said hello," said Taeyong. "We will," said Namjoon. "I'll miss you Taehyung, Kookie," said Jin. Taehyung smiled some and Jungkook chuckled. "Good luck and stay safe alright?" He asked. Everyone nodded, before Namjoon and his group turned and left, heading east.

Mark turned to Jin. "Where are you going to stay now?" He asked. "I think Jaehyun's still open to me staying there," said Jin. "If not I'll see about my own apartment or something," he said. "You can always stay with us," said Mark. "Mm," said Jin. "We'll see Mark-ah," he said. They walked back into the capitol. "Who's getting dinner tonight?" Asked Taeil. "I'm cooking I think," said Mark. "Okay, I'll grab the ingredients then, what do you need?" Asked Taeyong. "I'll give you the list," said Mark. "Okay," said Taeyong. "I'll help get the ingredients," said Taeil. "I can help you cook then, what are you doing until then?" Asked Jin. "Doyoung-hyung needed me for something," said Mark. "Plus we're watching Sehun and Baekhyun tonight," he said. "So we're going to see them," he said. "Okay," said Jin. Mark wrote down a list for ingredients for dinner before handing it to Taeyong who left to go to the market district with Taeil. Jin, Mark, and Jeonghan headed towards Sehun's house.

"Hi Doyoung-hyung," Mark said when Doyoung opened the door. "Oh, hi Jin-hyung, Mark-ah," said Doyoung. "We're taking the kids out?" Asked Mark. "Yeah, Yezi wants the day to herself today," said Doyoung. "Sehun and Baekhyun should be at the training grounds actually," he said. "It's Sehun's first day," he said. "Oh, fun," said Mark. "What's he training in?" He asked. "Archery and magic, let me see if I got everything and we can go," said Doyoung before he went back into the house. Mark and Jin stood there for a few minutes before Doyoung came out of the house. "Alright, let's go," said Doyoung. He headed towards the training grounds with Mark, Jin, and Jeonghan following behind him.

Baekhyun was currently shirtless, doing some martial arts. He was currently practicing with some training dummies as he kicked and punched the dummies. "Baekhyun-ah," called Doyoung. Baekhyun turned around, spotting Doyoung and company. "Oh, hello Doyoung-hyung, Mark-hyung and... New person-hyung," he said. Jin scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "At least you got the hyung part correct," he said with a chuckle. "Call me Jin," he said. "Okay Jin-hyung," said Baekhyun. "Where's Sehun-ah?" Asked Doyoung. "Over in the archery range," said Baekhyun. "I'll go talk to him," said Mark before he went to the archery range.

Jin studied Baekhyun with a tilt of his head. Doyoung shrugged off his shirt, smiling a bit at Baekhyun. "Want to spar in martial arts?" He asked. "Sure," said Baekhyun as he went to stand in front of Doyoung. "Winner is whoever gets to knock their opponent off their feet," he said. "Sure," said Doyoung. They started to spar, exchanging blows. Jin watched the fight happen with a tilt of his head.

Mark found Sehun shooting arrows at a target. "Sehun-ah," said Mark. "Hi hyung," said Sehun. "How's your archery coming along?" Asked Mark. "It's going okay," said Sehun. "When are you going to go hunting again hyung?" He asked. "I don't know," said Mark. "Depends on when Taeyong-hyung wants to make deer stew again or I feel like making steaks," he said. "Mm," said Sehun. "How is my archery?" He asked. "I don't know," said Mark as he chuckled some. "I don't judge in the training grounds, I wait 'til we take this out into the field to test that," he said. "Come on, I think Baekhyun and Doyoung-hyung are sparring," he said. "Okay," said Sehun as he walked over to where Baekhyun and Doyoung were still sparring.

"Hi new-hyung," said Sehun as he greeted Jin. "Hello Sehun-ah," said Jin. "I'm Jin," he said. "Hello Jin-hyung," said Sehun. "They aren't done sparring yet?" Asked Mark. "No not yet," said Jin as he turned back to the fight. Doyoung blocked more blows as he kicked and punched his way forward. Baekhyun blocked his blows as he returned his own kicks and punches. Doyoung pushed forward one more time and managed to push Baekhyun onto his back. "Hah! I win," said Doyoung. Baekhyun panted, grinning. He got up, going to grab his discarded shirt. Doyoung went to grab his discarded shirt, shrugging it on. Baekhyun put on his shirt and they headed back to Mark's apartment.

"I'll get started on dinner," said Mark. "Did they drop off the groceries?" Asked Jin. "Yeah," said Mark as he went into the kitchen. Jin went to help while Doyoung and Jeonghan kept the kids company. "Sehun-ah, where's Aron?" Asked Doyoung. "Aron's at home, mom doesn't mind that he's there," mumbled Sehun. "I'm sure Jeonghan wouldn't have minded a playmate," said Doyoung. "Maybe next time hyung," said Sehun.

Jaehyun, Taeyong and Taeil came home after a few hours, bringing over Aron. "You brought Aron!" Said Sehun as he ran over to his wolf. Jeonghan came over to sniff Aron, his tail wagging a little. Aron eyed Jeonghan with his head bowed some. Jeonghan wagged his tail and started to play with Aron. Aron played along, making sure to keep his strength to a minimum. Baekhyun chuckled, watching them play.

Mark came out of the kitchen, smiling some as he watched Jeonghan and Aron play. "Hey hyungs," he said. "Dinner should be ready soon," he said. "Jin-hyung is helping right?" Asked Jaehyun. "Mhm," said Mark. "We're just waiting on it to cook, the prep is done," he said. "What's for dinner?" Asked Taeyong. "Mashed potatoes and gravy with pasta," said Mark. "Cool," said Taeyong. Mark nodded and went into the kitchen.

After about half an hour Mark called everyone into the kitchen to get their dinner. Everyone went into the kitchen for dinner, Aron and Jeonghan getting their food in bowls on the floor. Baekhyun, Sehun, and Doyoung would spend the night so after dinner Taeyong set up blankets and stuff on the floor for Baekhyun and Sehun while Doyoung got the couch. Jaehyun and Jin headed home, after saying bye.

They ended their night playing Monopoly, Doyoung and Mark teaming up to go up against Taeil and Taeyong. Sehun and Baekhyun watched the game, cheering on Mark and Doyoung. Aron and Jeonghan lay by their respective masters, sleeping.

"Aw come on!" Said Taeil as he sighed. "This is my 10th time getting the go to jail card," he grumbled. "You're losing all your money at this point hyung," said Mark as he grinned. "Stop buying all the good properties!" Said Taeyong as he landed on one of Doyoung's properties. "Sorry hyung," said Doyoung as he collected money from Taeyong. "I give up," said Taeyong and Taeil. "Yes!" Said Doyoung and Mark as they gave each other high fives.

"Bed time," said Taeil as he got up and stretched. Taeyong and Mark put Monopoly back into its box before putting it away. Mark whistled for his dog before he went into his shared room with Taeyong. Taeil went into his room. "Goodnight hyung," said Sehun. "Night Sehun-ah, Baekhyun-ah," said Doyoung as he got comfortable on the couch.