Chapter 29

The Next Generation

Jaehyun and Jungkook had been near the camp when they heard the screams start. It took everything for them to not go in there and rescue Mark. Jungkook kept a hand on Jaehyun's shoulder to keep him calm enough to not recklessly change and charge in to get Mark.

"Hyung," said Jungkook. "It's not worth it to go in there right now," he said as Jaehyun growled in anger. "I know, but the screams," mumbled Jaehyun. "I don't want any of this happening to our youngest," he said. "We need to go," said Jungkook. "We'll come rescue him soon," he said, pulling Jaehyun away from the camp and heading back to their temporary camp.

Doyoung looked grim when he heard from Chen and the others what had happened to Mark. "Hyung," he called, walking over to where Taeil was planning. "They've already started trying to break Mark," he said. Taeil cursed loudly. "Damn it," he said, slamming his hand on the table. "We can't wait until Jaehyun and Jungkook get back, the more time he's with them the more time they have to break him," he said. "Does Chen know where Jungkook and Jaehyun are?" He asked. "Yeah," said Doyoung. "Who are we taking?" He asked. "Grab Taehyung and Baekho," said Taeil. "Leave Jin and Jimin here, we don't need to stress them out any more, plus they still need to watch Yoongi and Taeyong," he said. Doyoung nodded and went to get Taehyung and Baekho before leaving with Taeil to find Jungkook and Jaehyun.

Jungkook had Jaehyun stop. "The others are coming to us," he said. Jaehyun nodded, looking around. Taeil, Doyoung, Baekho and Taehyung show up after a few minutes. "We will rescue him," Taeil said, putting a hand on Jaehyun's shoulder. "We can't let our youngest die, or break," he said. "We made that promise all those years ago, we are keeping it," he said. Jaehyun nodded. "Now, where is the camp?" Asked Taeil. "Back this way," said Jungkook as he ran back the way they had come. The others follow after him.

Silence was what greeted them when Jungkook and the others reached where the camp was. "Is he still there?" Asked Taehyung. Jungkook nodded. "He has to be," he said. "We heard his screams not 10 minutes ago," he said. "I suggest you leave this area lest you want to get caught," said a voice. Taehyung draws his sword as he turned to the voice. "Jackson," said Doyoung. "How do we know you're not here to turn us in?" He asked. "Your god would have told you," Jackson said matter-of-factly. "They already broke Mark, it doesn't take much considering how damaged his mindset was," he said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Your friend, Hobi was it? He was close to Mark, if it hadn't been for you guys being there he would have gone and killed his father," he said.

"How do you know about Hobi?" Asked Taehyung as he glared at Jackson. "I'm an orb user too ya know," said Jackson as he summoned his orb, which came to float beside him. "I'm actually Kris's new friend," he said. "What?" Asked Doyoung as he summoned his orb. It was just covered in yellow lightning bolts now as he blinked in surprise. "Are you on our side?" Asked Taeil. "Of course I am, Kris wouldn't have chosen me if that wasn't the case, according to Ren," said Jackson. "We haven't had 3 separate orb users in years," muttered Doyoung. "The last separate set of orb users was Chanyeol, Luhan, and Taemin," he mumbled. "What are you three planning?" He asked as his own and Jungkook's orbs summoned by themselves.

"Oh, they're done with him," said Jackson as he turned back to the camp, his orb disappearing. "I was going to be sent to bring him to y'all but I think I'll join you, give me a few minutes," he said before walking back to the camp. "How do we know we can trust him?" Asked Taeil. "We can't, that's the thing," muttered Jungkook. "We only have the word from our gods," said Doyoung. "If they say to trust Jackson then we have to trust him," he said.

Jackson came over, dragging an unconscious Mark with him. "They really did a number on the kid," he said. "Never underestimate Youngjae, he will break you easier than a pencil," he mumbled. "What did he do to Mark?" Asked Jungkook. "He uses this weird kind of magic that attacks the mind," said Jackson. "I haven't seen much of it, but I cringed at the pain it brought to Mark," he said. "Come on," he said, picking up Mark. "Take me to your camp," he said. Doyoung and Jungkook looked wary, but nodded. Both Chen and Xiumin said to trust him so they lead Jackson back to their camp with The others following after them.

When they reached their camp Jeonghan ran to his master, whimpering. Jackson looked at Jeonghan. "It's alright pup," he said. "Where do I put him?" He asked. Jin came into the room. "Follow me," he said before walking out of the room. Jackson followed after him. Taeyong went over to Mark after Jackson put him on the bed. "You have a lot of nerve coming here," he spat, shoving Jackson against the wall. Jackson held up his hands in surrender. "I wouldn't have come here if Kris didn't choose me," he said. Taeyong growled, shoving Jackson into the wall again. "Taeyong, calm down," said Jimin as he pulled Taeyong away. Taeyong shrugged Jimin's hand off his shoulder before storming out of the room.

"How's your other archer?" Asked Jackson. "Still critical," mumbled Jimin. Jin sighed, sitting on the edge of Yoongi's bed. "I think Doyoung and the others are right," he said. "I can't access the healing magic at all," he said. "What?" Asked Jimin as he looked at Jin. "I haven't been able to access it since we ran from the capitol," said Jin. "What about you Jimin?" He asked. "I can use it, but it's very limited, I get tired quicker," said Jimin. "Hm," said Jackson.

"I heard Youngjae saying something about the mental state not being right," said Jackson. "That's why you can't heal," he said. "Because you're too stressed," he said. "How close were you two to Namjoon and Hobi?" He asked. "Hobi was Jimin's older brother," said Jin. "Namjoon I knew from Jungkook, and we met Hobi and Jimin through Namjoon, and Yoongi we met through Taehyung," he said. "You can't access your healing at all?" Asked Jackson. Jin shook his head. "Hm," said Jackson.

"I find it creepy that you know Namjoon and Hobi," said Jimin. Jackson chuckled some, scratching the back of his head. "Well, they do talk to me through the orb," he said, summoning his orb. Jin looked at it. "So you're the third person out of the three elements?" He asked. Jackson nodded.

"Wait, does that mean you can summon people like Ren could?" Asked Doyoung as he walked into the room. "You could do that?" Jackson asked his orb as he blinked. Doyoung summoned his orb and it came to float beside him. He wanted in on this conversation too, as he tilted his head. "I could," came Ren's voice. "I could only summon certain people, apparently I could summon Kyungsoo even though I thought he was still alive," he said. "I could summon Aron, but he wasn't really needed," he said. "Try it Jackson, and see if you can because Taemin could summon Kris, I could summon Kyungsoo and Aron, who is your spirit guide?" He asked. Jackson nodded, looking at Doyoung. Doyoung shrugs. "Go for it," he said. Jin and Jimin look confused as they watched Jackson.

Jackson sighed, and looked at his orb. "Well, I summon my spirit guide," he said, looking around the room just as there was a knock on the door. "I got it," said Doyoung as he went to answer the door. "Hobi-hyung?" Asked Doyoung as he looked shocked. "Again with the nickname? Come on now," Hoseok said with a grin. "So you're Jackson's spirit guide?" Asked Doyoung. Jungkook and the others came to the door, looking surprised to see Hoseok. "Hobi-hyung!" Said Jimin as he ran into Hoseok's arms. "Hey little brother," said Hoseok as he ruffled Jimin's hair. "Is it just you?" Asked Jin. Hoseok nodded. "Namjoon wanted to, but they thought it'd be better if I was the spirit guide," he said. "Well, do you think you can heal Yoongi now?" He asked. "I can try," said Jimin before he walked into the room where Yoongi was.

"I guess you really are on our side," said Doyoung as he turned to Jackson. Jackson smiled slightly. "There's still some things you may be wary of me for, but I trust you to make the right calls," he said. "And since Hobi is stuck to my orb I can't really betray you now can I?" He asked. "Mm," said Doyoung. "I wonder if I could have a spirit guide," he said looking at his orb. Hoseok shrugged. "Dunno why it only sticks with those who Kris has chosen but you can ask," he said. "How long can you be out here?" Asked Doyoung. "As long as I need to be," said Hoseok. "Be careful with Mark when he wakes up," he said. "I don't know what kind of magic that kid has but it didn't do anything good to Mark's mind," he said.