Chapter 33

The Next Generation

Baekho and Jaehyun rested up, getting ready for the assassination mission. Jackson would go back to the camp with Baekho and Jaehyun acting as prisoners.

Jackson was ready to head out with them, wanting to get this over with. Mark was hesitant, wanting to go with them but he knew it'd be dangerous if he went. He wanted to stick near Jin anyway, having wanting to keep working with him to get the healing to work again. Baekho and Jaehyun walk over to Jackson, their knives strapped to their belts. "Ready?" Asked Jackson. Baekho and Jaehyun nod. "Let's go," said Jackson before he left with them.

Mark watched them go bouncing on his feet some. He didn't know what to do now, as he turned to look for Jin. Jin was with Taeil working on lunch. "Hey Mark," said Taeil. Mark smiled. "Want to help with lunch?" Asked Jin. Mark nodded. Taeil nodded. "Cut the vegetables," he said. Mark went to start cutting the vegetables.

Taeyong and Taehyung went to the capitol to get more supplies. They were only there to get more stuff that everyone needed. "Why were we sent out again?" Asked Taehyung as they entered the capitol. "Because if we send Mark out there's a chance on Youngjae having him kill one of us," said Taeyong. "Plus Baekho and Jaehyun are out hunting most of the time, because we can't risk Mark heading out," he said. They headed to the market district, heading to where Taeyong's shared apartment was. "Why are we stopping here?" Asked Taehyung. "Mark wasn't able to get his bag with the quiver when we left the capitol," said Taeyong. "He asked me to get it for him," he said. "That's all we're here for," he said. He went to grab the bag and put it under his cloak and left with Taehyung to get whatever other supplies they needed.

Jungkook, Yoongi, and Doyoung were with Jimin cutting firewood. Their base was actually at Baekho's house, which was away from any town that was near the capitol. It meant that they had no electricity so they had to cut wood to cook food over a fire. "How much wood do we need again?" Asked Jimin. "Not too much more," said Jungkook. "Just enough to get us through dinner tonight," he said. Jimin sighed and continued to cut the wood. After another half an hour they were done cutting wood for the wood stove. They each carried their share of wood back to the house, piling it up in a spot that Baekho had designated as where the wood went.

Mark was sent to grab some wood for the wood stove as the others returned. Doyoung helped Mark bring the wood into the kitchen and he lit the wood stove. "Thanks Mark, Doyoung," said Taeil as he prepped the pan for lunch. Doyoung went to clean up and rest a bit before lunch. Mark helped with lunch, making steaks. Jin and Taeil watched Mark while working on the other things they were adding to lunch.

Mark felt like a weight had been lifted from his mind. He stopped in his cooking as he looked surprised. "H-Hyungs?" He said, his voice quiet. Jin and Taeil turned to Mark. "I think they succeeded," said Mark. Taeil looked into Mark's eyes to make sure his eyes weren't going cloudy. Jungkook and Doyoung ran into the room. "They killed Youngjae," said Jungkook. "I think we knew that already," said Jin. "I-I got my voice back," said Mark, his voice still quiet. "Let's get lunch finished," said Jin. Mark nodded and went to finish making lunch.

Taeyong and Taehyung come back to camp after lunch with more supplies for everyone, including Mark's bag with the quiver. They were not aware of the events that happened, but as soon as Mark saw them he tackled Taeyong. "Hyung!" Said Mark. Taeyong blinked. "Mark! You have your voice again!" Said Taeyong. Mark grinned. "Yep," he said. Taehyung tousled Mark's hair. "Welcome back," he said. Mark laughs, moving away. "We saved some lunch for you," he said, grabbing Taeyong by the wrist and leading him inside. Taehyung chuckled, following after them.

Jackson, Jaehyun and Baekho return later with the news. "We did it," said Jaehyun. "I know," said Jungkook as he hugged Jaehyun. "Mark got his voice back, so we knew you guys did it," he said. Baekho nodded. "It was our goal," he said. "Now we can plan to take back the capitol," he said. "Taeil is planning now," said Jungkook. "Well, him, and Taeyong are," he said. "They know the capitol inside and out, and they are creating a plan," he said. Baekho nodded and went to talk to Taeil and Taeyong. Jackson went with him.

Jaehyun turned to Jungkook. "How's Jin-hyung?" He asked. Jungkook shook his head. "Still can't heal," he said. Jaehyun sighed. "I wonder what has him so worked up that he can't heal?" He asked. "It's Mark," said Jungkook. "He didn't want Mark to get as bad as he did, and it happened," he said. "He feels responsible, especially when they couldn't do anything about Hobi, though Hobi forgave Mark," he said. Jaehyun sighed. "We need to keep an eye on Mark and Jin," he said. "I agree," said Jungkook. They both head inside.