Epilogue

The Next Generation

It's been a few years since the capitol has been taken back by the people of the queen's guard and what was left of the rebel forces in Bangtan. A new guard was already appointed, and afterwards what remained of the old guard disappeared off the face of the earth, retiring to who knows where, and leaving things to the new guard as the queen announced a new heir to the throne.

Mark, who was now in his late 30's, sat on a river bank, looking up at the sky. A new dog sat beside him, who he had named Joshua. Doyoung had found the pup, giving him to Mark who missed his old pup Jeonghan, who had died of old age. "It's been quiet," mumbled Mark as he tilted his head to the side. He turned his head when he heard footsteps approach. "Hey hyung," he said, smiling at Doyoung. "Is Jaehyun-hyung cooking?" He asked. "Nah," said Doyoung as he chuckled. "Come on, he wants you to do the cooking, you know Taeyong's busy with his kids," he said. "Oh right, because Jisoo needs to rest because of the twins," said Mark as he chuckled. He stood, patting Joshua on the head. Joshua stood, stretching and following Mark and Doyoung back to Baekho's old house.

"You know I at cooking Mark," said Jaehyun who scowled when he saw them. "You need to learn to get better at cooking hyung," Mark said, laughing. "I'll help cook, let me do the prepping," he said, going into the kitchen with Doyoung. He told Joshua to find the twins and Taeyong, knowing that Jisoo was probably resting right now. "Do you know where Jackson is right now?" He asked Doyoung as he worked on dinner. "Pretty far west, I get images of him being at the coast sometimes, I think that's where he's staying," said Doyoung. "How's Sehun and Baekhyun?" Asked Mark. "They're fine, you were right to have them be in the guard after they came back, things are good now, I'm happy that Sehun got Kris, Jackson gave him up willingly after we found each other in the dream world a year after he left," he said.

"You heard from Jungkook-hyung and Jimin at all?" Asked Mark as Jaehyun went to make a fire in the wood stove. "They're making their way back this way, Jungkook does know where we are," said Doyoung. "They want to see the twins, I think Jungkook feels honored that Taeyong named them Jin and Taehyung, even though he didn't have to," he said.

"Uncle Mark!" Came two voices as the twins came into the kitchen with Joshua behind them. "Hey Jin-ah, Taehyung-ah," said Mark as he smiled at them. Taeyong looked exhausted as he came into the kitchen, shaking his head at the twins. "Tae-ah, Jin-ah come on," he said. "Let uncle Mark cook, uncle Doyoung can play," he said. "Okay," said Taehyung and Jin who ran to Doyoung who nodded. "Come on, let's go play outside and let mommy and daddy rest," said Doyoung as he took the twins outside. Taeyong sat at the table, sighing. "Who knew kids could be such a handful," he grumbled. "Hey, I gave you guys trouble back then too," Mark said with a laugh. "Yes, but you weren't as bad as the twins are now," said Taeyong. "This isn't the city hyung," said Jaehyun. "Their curiosity stems from growing up in this kind of environment," he said. "Mm," said Taeyong as he laid his head on the table.

Jisoo came into the kitchen leaning over and kissing Taeyong before sitting beside him. "I see the twins are loud as ever," she said with a smile. Taeyong groaned. "I don't want to talk about it," he said. "Who's idea was it to move out here again?" He asked. "Yours hyung," said Mark as he laughs. "So I heard Jungkook and Jimin were headed back this way," said Jisoo. "Mm," said Taeyong. "Oh, right! This is your first time meeting them," he said, sitting up. "They helped us get back the capitol, even if they lost their group in the process," he said. "I was waiting on them to come back," he said. "Especially after hearing that Jackson is at the coast, I never got to thank him for his help," he said.

Doyoung came in with the twins who were starting to get hungry. Mark was just getting done cooking food when they came in, putting food on the table. "Wash your hands Tae, Jin!" Said Doyoung. "Yes uncle Doyoung!" Called Taehyung and Jin as they went to the bathroom to wash their hands before joining everyone at the table. "Here's to another great dinner," said Mark as he toasted. The others toasted with him before starting to eat.

Their dinner was interrupted by a knock at the door which Mark went to answer. "Hey Jungkook-hyung! Jimin," he said when he saw them. "Hope we aren't too late," said Jungkook as he smiled. "Nah, come on in," said Mark as he let Jungkook and his dog Jimin in. Mark closed the door behind them and went back to the kitchen with Jungkook following him. Jimin followed after his master, his tail wagging at Joshua. "How's things since Jimin's death?" Asked Taeyong. Jimin had committed suicide due to the grief, and wanting to see Hoseok again in the afterlife along with the rest of the group. "Fine," said Jungkook. "It was unexpected, but I found this guy a couple days later, turns out Jimin moved on," he said, nodding to his dog. Mark got him a plate and put some food down for Joshua and Jimin before going to sit down. Both dogs started eating. Jungkook got himself some food and starts eating.

After dinner Jungkook spent the rest of the evening playing with the twins, letting Taeyong and Jisoo get some rest before he continued on his journey. Mark was planning on leaving with Jungkook this time, wanting to travel. "As much as I loved it here, I want to travel, I never really got to travel," he explained. "Sure," said Jungkook.

After they got the twins to bed Taeyong, Jisoo, Jaehyun and Doyoung went to see Mark and Jungkook before they left with their dogs. "Take care you four, stay safe," said Taeyong as he hugged Mark. "You'll always be my little brother kiddo," he said with a smile. "I'm not a kid anymore hyung," said Mark as he chuckled, hugging Taeyong back. "Thank you, for taking care of me all these years," he said. "We'll come visit soon," he said, before leaving with Jungkook and their dogs, heading out to the next adventure that awaited them.