Chapter 34

The Next Generation

Taeil, Baekho, and Taeyong were planning, coming up with a plan to take the capitol back. Jackson put his input in when they needed him, and Mark continued to work with Jin, trying to get his healing back.

Taeil, Baekho and Taeyong sat around the coffee table, talking about how to take back the capitol. "I think we should go from the underground path and get to the palace," said Taeil. "Once we're in the palace we can take them out from the inside," he said. "Yes but how are we going to do that? Rushing the palace seems like something that Jaehyun would do only because he could tank it," said Taeyong. "We'll need to send our long range fighters to attack from the outside," said Baekho. "I think it'll benefit us in the long run, plus we have Yoongi and Hobi helping when we need them to help," said Taeil. "Yes but Hobi is close range, that means Jackson is with us," said Baekho. "That's it," said Taeyong. "We go with that plan, but we need to plan if it fails," he said.

"If the tunnel to the palace has collapsed we take it back from the front? Have our long range fighters cover us as we take the Capitol back by force," said Taeil. "Sometimes that's all we need to do," he said. "If all else fails we can rally the rebels in the Capitol," he said. "Who's leading them?" Asked Baekho. "Sehun and Baekhyun," said Taeyong. "They are leading all the trainees as a rebel group, silently taking out the enemy on the inside, Yezi told us about it when we stopped by to get some shopping done," he said. Taeil nodded. "I think we should send someone to let the rebel group know, at least so they know to wait for us at the tunnel, if it's not collapsed," he said. "Send Taehyung and Mark out," said Taeil. "What about Jeonghan?" Asked Taeyong. "We may need him as a messenger," said Taeil. "I'll go let them know," said Taeyong before he left the room.

Mark and Taehyung were with Jin trying to get his healing jump started. It wasn't working too well considering that Mark had been working with Jin for a couple months now, ever since they had been forced to leave the capitol. "Hyung," said Taehyung. "Let's get to the bottom of what's causing your stress," he said. "What is stressing you out so badly that not even Hobi and Yoongi coming back is helping?" He asked. Jin sighed. "I don't know," he said. "Hyung, if it's me, don't worry about it," said Mark. "I know you feel bad for not healing me all the way but I am alive thanks to you and Jimin-hyung's efforts," he said. "I wouldn't have been able to celebrate my 21st birthday with ya'll," he said.

Jin sighed, before nodding. "I guess," he mumbled. Taehyung looked concerned. "Is it because of Namjoon-hyung?" He asked. "Is it because he died?" He asked. Jin shook his head. "No, if that was the case I wouldn't have been able to heal Jaehyun and Baekho during the first battle," he said. "What about Namjoon-hyung?" Asked Mark. "They were really close," said Taehyung. "Like really close," he said. "Oh," said Mark. Jin shook his head. "It wasn't the cause, I think it ultimately comes down to the fact that we lost the Capitol," he said. "We'll get it back hyung," said Mark as he looked determined. "I know Baekho-hyung, Taeyong-hyung, and Taeil-hyung are working out a plan right now," he said.

The three of them look towards the doorway when the door opened and Taeyong peeked his head in. "We need you for scouting, Mark, Taehyung," he said. Mark nodded. "What do we need to do?" He asked. "Go to the Capitol and find Sehun, he's leading the rebel group, Yezi should know where they are," said Taeyong. "You know where Yezi's house is right?" He asked. Mark nodded. "Good, leave in 10 minutes and pack lightly," said Taeyong. Mark and Taehyung leave to go get ready.

"Whatever crap you have against our youngest right now needs to stop," said Taeyong as he turned to Jin who sat in silence after they left. "Mark is doing everything to get your healing back, don't push him away," he said. "You've become like his older brother, I can see it when he interacts with you," he said. "I know you can heal, don't think I didn't see you heal a small cut on your hand when you cut yourself cutting vegetables," he said. Jin sighed, turning away from Taeyong. "I know," he said. "It's just... I saw Hobi die because of him and his father, he never deserved that," he said. "You want to kill Mark, you're going to have to go through us first, and that includes everyone, even your own group," spat Taeyong before he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Mark quickly ran to the capitol with Taehyung, wearing cloaks to hide their identities. No one questioned them when they reached the capitol, walking through the gates. Under their cloaks Mark had his trusty bow and bag with a built in quiver while Taehyung had a sword strapped to his back. Mark headed towards the residential district, where the houses were. "Where are we headed?" Asked Taehyung. "The residential district, this is where the houses are," said Mark. "Apartments are more towards the market district but that's meant for the guards, for the gates, the castle, and the queen's guard," he said. "Apartments come first, then the market, then after that is the residential district, where the rest of the citizens live, when they can afford it," he said. "The palace is right after that," he said as he turned a corner, heading toward's Yezi's house.

Mark looked around the area before going to knock on the front door to Yezi's house, smiling some when she answered. "Come in," said Yezi. Mark and Taehyung walked in, with Yezi closing the door behind them. "Where is Sehun and the rest of the rebel group?" Asked Mark as he removed his hood. "Jaehyun's old apartment," said Yezi. "Do not stay in the capitol for long, they are cracking down on where you are," she said. "It was dangerous last time when I had to go shopping for Taeyong and your friend here," she said, nodding to Taehyung, who stared at her with a blank expression. "I'm risking my life talking to you two, you better get back the capitol," she said. "I am ready to meet my husband in the spirit world," she said. "Tell them we all said hello, though Jungkook and Doyoung can talk to them," said Mark. Yezi nodded. "Be safe on the way to Jaehyun's apartment," she said. Mark nodded and left with Taehyung.

They headed to Jaehyun's apartment after putting up their hoods, staying to the alleyways as they made their way to the apartments. When they reached Jaehyun's apartment complex they both looked around to make sure no one was watching before heading into the complex and up to Jaehyun's old apartment. Mark knocked on the door, hearing growling on the other side. There was some shuffling before the door opened a crack and Sehun looked through to see them. "Come on in," he said, opening the door wider and letting them in before closing the door behind them. Mark and Taehyung removed their hoods, looking around the apartment. "We didn't do much to it," said Sehun as he scratched the back of his head. "We needed a place to crash, since yours was ransacked after the last time Taeyong-hyung and your friend went to the apartment," he said. "No one knows this place is here, except the landlord who gladly let us use the apartment," he said.

"We need you to take the rebel group and meet us at the end of the tunnel," said Mark as Sehun sat down. "Okay," said Sehun. "We plan to take back the Capitol soon, so your orb should know," said Mark. "Do you guys want anything before you head back to your camp?" Asked Sehun. "Not really," said Mark. "We'll see you in a couple days," he said. Sehun nodded. "Be careful heading back," he said. Mark nodded, before leaving with Taehyung.

Jungkook was with Doyoung and Yoongi, sparring with their elements. Yoongi watched in awe as the frost and lightning elements clashed. "We have to prepare for everything, what's stopping the enemy from having orb users?" Asked Jungkook and that started the sparring match. Baekho was fine with the match as long as they didn't destroy anything. It went on for about half an hour before Doyoung paused, getting slammed into a tree by an ice spear. "Ow," said Doyoung as he glared at Jungkook. "Sorry hyung," said Jungkook. "What's up?" He asked. "Well, Mark talked to Sehun, and Yezi was executed," said Doyoung as he sighed. "Yezi?" Asked Jungkook. "She was Ren's wife," said Doyoung. "I stayed with them remember?" He asked. "Oh, those two," said Jungkook as he nodded. "Well, Mark is on his way back, let's stop sparring for now and go let the others know," said Doyoung before he headed back with Yoongi. Jungkook followed after them.

"So Yezi was executed?" Asked Baekho when Doyoung went to tell everyone the news. "Well, at least she can see Ren again, but now Sehun is an orphan," he said, sighing. "No kid deserves this crap, we need to get the capitol back," he said. "Agreed," said Taeyong. "We'll head out in a couple days, rest up and get ready," said Taeil when Mark and Taehyung came back. Mark nodded. "We'll take back the capitol," he said. Taeil smiled. "I know we will," he said.