Thirtieth

The Golden & The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Time Check: 9:00 AM

 

By the time the Wu’s finished their meal, their security personnel’s arrived with their head Kim Minjoon as well as their mom’s assistant whom they picked up from the hotel along the way. Seeing the group of black suited men, The Wu’s immediately recognized them but was surprised to see a familiar face walking with them.

 

“Méi dàjiě! (Mei big sister!)”  both Hailey and Mackenzie said half screaming when they recognized the girl walking along side their guards. Meanwhile, the said girl was shocked to hear a sudden scream of her name but upon recognizing the owner’s of the voices a wide smile appeared on her face and walked faster to their direction. The two Wu girls welcomed her with a big hug which she reciprocated as well but did the act with great care, not wanting to pressure the injured shoulder of Hailey too much. The sight is not new anymore for the two Wu boys. They were as well feeling excited seeing the familiar face but decided to suppress their excitement to themselves. The scene is not new anymore, this happens often every time the girls see’s their favourite big sister.

 

Sun Meilin (28 y.o) , or commonly known to the Wu siblings as Méi dàjiě is the daughter of their father’s business partner / best-friend Sun Jian. She graduated from Paris Fashion School with the help of the quartet’s mom. She is currently working for her as a junior fashion designer, and is also one of the people behind the new clothing line designs of L&M that was launched at the fashion show.

Breaking the hug, Mei immediately turned to the boys that she had considered as her own little brothers just like the Wu girls. She ruffled the boys hair, but found it hard to tip toe for the boys where way taller than she is now.

 

“Hēi! Wǒ huāle hěnduō shíjiān lái shìdàng de shūlǐ wǒ de tóufǎ méi jiejie! (Hey! It took a lot of my time to style my hair properly Mei big sister!)” Kieran exclaimed, moving his head away from the older girls grasp. “Yīnwèi nǐ de tóufǎ hé shí duì nǐ tài zhòngyàole? (Since when did your hair matter too much to you?)” The older girls asked Kieran with her arms folded in her chest. Her eyes pierced on Kieran. The boy gave her a flick of his hair, facing her dramatically. “Zìcóng měi gè nǚhái zài xuéxiào kāishǐ xǐhuan wǒ. (Ever since every girl’s at school started to like me.)” Kieran answered, “yeah right boy! You mean pre-school kids?” Mei answered back, teasing the younger boy, which earned her a laugh from the people around them. “Just you wait and see Chiechie...” Kieran said looking intensely at Mei. The girl on the other hand just shrugged at him. “Méi dàjiě, let me introduce you to out Butler Samuel.” This time, Luke introduced her to Samuel. The girl bowed to the old man in respect. “It’s nice to finally meet you Mr. Samuel. I’ve heard such great words about you from this kids whenever they come home from Italy.” Mei said which made the old man smile. “It’s nice to meet you as well Ms. Mei. I’ve heard good words about you as well from the kids.” Samuel told her the girl just nodded. “Shall we go? Auntie Amanda is already waiting for you there.” Mei said. All of them finally went off going to the orphanage boarding the two black vans with their security people.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took them half an hour of driving before reaching their destination, Angel’s Home orphanage. The security guards of the orphanage immediately opened the gates for the two vans to come in. And upon driving inside the property, The Wu siblings can’t hide the wide currently plastered in their faces while looking at several kids holding on to a banner to welcome them. They one by one went out of the vehicle with big smiles on their faces. While the guards got some other gifts that Mei bought along with her. The kids waved at them which they also did. Then a nun standing in the middle of the kids went up front an each gave the quartet a hand crafted garland made by the kids.

 

“Welcome to our home. Thank you for making time to meet our kids. They’ve been anticipating your arrival since last night. We are beyond  happy to meet new friends.” The nun told them, they responded with a nod and a wide smile. “We feel the same. We are happy that we get to experience something like this. Thank you for whole-heartedly accepting us in your home.” Luke said.

 

After the brief greeting, they were finally invited to come in the building with the excited kids racing their way to the quartet to hold their hand and pull them towards the entrance. The quartet just went with the flow and just let the kids do whatever they are doing.

 

Just a few more steps from the entrance, They again heard the gates of the property creak open which got their attention. They turned to the gates to see another black van coming in. The said van parked beside the Wu’s vehicle. Then, the car door suddenly opened. The people outside looked on anticipating who might the new comers be. Then;

 

“Kyungsoo-oppa...”  Hailey called out when he saw one of the EXO boys got out of the van. Kyungsoo who recognized the owner of the voice that called him, turned to Hailey with a smile and waved at her younger girl. Then one by one, the EXO members finally made their appearance, all of them looking dashing wearing their casual clothes rather than stage outfits that they usually wear. Then, they lined up in front of the kids as well as the nun and the volunteers present. “Annyeonghaseyo! ulineun EXOibnida. (Hello! We are EXO.)” The EXO boys introduced. The kids who recognized the group instantly felt shy with the groups presence. The volunteers that were mostly girls can’t hide their wide grins seeing one of the top groups of their country in front of them, Oh what luck they have to not need to spend much money just to buy expensive tickets to see the EXO boys personally. The nun who previously welcomed the quartet made her way to the boys again and each gave hanged the same hand-crafted flower garlands on the EXO boy’s necks. And again, the same welcome speech was made for the EXO boys by the nun.

 

“It’s our pleasure to come here and be with the kids.” Suho the leader responded with utmost respect. And again, some of the kids ran to their hyungs and oppas to drag them in the building along with the quartet. The kids pulled them going to one of the big halls of the building. Baekhyun who was held by two cute girls happened to walk along side Hailey who was being dragged by the younger boys. Upon seeing Hailey beside him, Baekhyun nudged her on her elbow to get her attention. The girl turned to her side and instantly smiled wide when she saw her Noisy-oopa walking beside her. “sikkeuleoun oppa! (Noisy-oppa!)” Hailey called out. Hearing the name that Hailey always uses when addressing him, a pout appeared on Baekhyun’s face. “Little Miss Sunshine, can you just call me oppa instead?” The boy asked while looking at Hailey with her puppy eyes. The girl’s smile went wider making her chinky eyes fall into slits when she saw the boys puppy face. “I’ll think about it Noisy-oppa...” The girl answered then turned away from Baekhyun’s puppy face. A loud huff escaped the boy’s mouth. “I’ll stop calling you Noisy-oppa if you stop calling me Little Miss Sunshine...” The girl again turned to him and said. Baekhyun looked back at her with a frown, “But you are my sunshine!” Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed which caught the girl off-guard. Hailey looked at him with wide eyes, ajar. While Baekhyun, upon realizing what he had said felt his blood rushing to his face while feeling the heat in his whole body. “What did you say?” The girl asked, still with her shocked expression in her face. “ahhh...uhmmm...” Baekhyun stuttered then looked away from the girls intense staring. He doesn’t know how to answer her He can feel his whole body shiver not because of the cold winter air entering the building but because of his nervousness. He side glance the girl to see her still staring at him intensely. Hailey waited for an answer from him but it seems that Baekhyun doesn’t have any explanation at all as of the moment so she just looked away from him and chose to just keep quiet while they both walked the long aisle going to the events hall. Unknown to the girl, Baekhyun kept on side glancing her trying to read her expression at the same time trying to formulate an explanation in his head.  

They’ve reached the hall, and still the boy kept his mouth mum. When they entered, Amanda Wu, the quartet’s mother welcomed the EXO boys and her kids along with other of her staff who’s busily supervising the said event. The quartet immediately made their way to their mom to give her a kiss on her cheeks, while the EXO boys paid their respect to the well-known designer by bowing at her leaving the quartet’s mom to be shocked seeing the boys coming that early.

 

“You’re awfully early boys, aren’t you all still tired from your concert last night?” Amanda Wu, asked concerned with the EXO boys well-being while her quartet stood behind her. “We’re all fine ma’am. We all have agreed to come here earlier than scheduled for we want to spend our whole time with the kids and with our new friends.” Suho the leader answered pertaining to the kids and the quartet. The quartet’s mom smiled when she heard the leaders statement. “Well then, thank you for coming boys. I hope you’ll be able to have create good memories with the kids and of course with your new friends.” The older lady said. “Oh, and by the way. Please stop calling me ma’am or madam, I feel old hearing those honorifics. Please just call me Amanda-imo. Since, your already friends with my kids.” The lady said then excused herself she to meet her very trusted friend, Old Man Samuel whose currently talking with the head guard Minjoon.

 

Suho went up to the two Wu boys whom he grew closer with by messaging each other ever since the concert night and did a handshake, greeting them formally when he hadn’t had a chance earlier, while the other EXO boys stood-by just watching the interaction, feeling timid & shy to walk up to the two. The Wu boy’s, took the initiative to greet the others. Kieran and Luke both went up to the other boys and gave them a bro hug. Though most of them were shocked with the two’s sudden actions, they none the less reciprocated the act. Hailey & Mackenzie looked on happy that finally, their brothers are starting to open up & learning to make friends the normal way. Unknown to everyone, Luke was secretly observing the Kieran’s actions and can’t help but rather feel happy that he’s finally trying to lower down his wall. Then they heard the MC of the day who happens to be.

 

“modudeul uli moduga anj-eul su iss-eulkkayo? (Everyone can we all take our sit?) “They heard. It wasthe hired MC for this event. Park Jimin of 15&...  “EXO friends & Wu friends, can we all gather in front so the kids can see you.” Jimin instructed, which all of them followed. The EXO boys stood in one line while The Wu’s also stood on one line beside them facing the excited kids. “Since all of you appears to be friends now, can we all mix up EXO & Wu’s? Don’t just stand beside your members and siblings...Mix up mix up...” Jimin again instructed.   The group obliged, Mackenzie started to move and decided to stand in between two giants Jongin & Chanyeol. Seeing Kenzie stand just beside him Chanyeol can feel beads of sweat dripping from his head, he kept on secretly side glancing Kenzie that the latter haven’t noticed at all. Kenzie on the other hand stood still observing the on-going funny commotion in the line placements. Jongin on the other hand decided to move from his place and stand next to Kyungsoo leaving the person next to him stand beside Kenzie who was unfortunately, Yixing. The Chinese member felt delighted seeing Kenzie beside him, he patted her shoulder making the girl turn to him. “Nǐ hǎo!” Yixing greeted with a dimply smile when Kenzie turned to him. “Oh! Yixing-gege nǐ hǎo!” The girl greeted back with a smile on her face. “Wǒmen zài jiànmiàn. (We meet again.)” The boy said, Kenzie nodded at him. “Duì! Zhè bùshì hěn yǒuqù ma? (Right! Ain’t this fun?) Kenzie answered back with an obvious delight in her voice and actions. “Sh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter