Twenty-Third

The Golden & The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was safe to really say that Hailey felt flustered to what happened, first the maknae of EXO suddenly ran to her and gave her a hug and second BYUN freakin’ BAEKHYUN was there on her rescue! Her mind is really conflicted at the moment, he just stood there looking at the boy standing in front of her. She heard him ask if she was okay, yes! She is okay! But she can’t seem to find her voice to utter the exact words to reply, but instead she just nodded at him, still feeling the gentle caress in her arm that he’s doing which kind of helps in lessening the pain that she’s feeling but makes her thumping heart worsen every second. A sweet smile escaped the boys smile which she did as well, and that was enough for the Wu boys to see. Kieran moved in between Baekhyun and Hailey cutting the moment that they were unconsciously having, while Luke guided Hailey to stand behind Kieran.

 

“Hailey’s fine...” Baekhyun heard a deep voice from the person standing in front of him, he looked up to meet the stern look of the second oldest of the Wu boys, Kieran. He gulped feeling intimidated by his stare. Seeing the tension unfolding, Mackenzie took the initiative to reassure Baekhyun and also the maknae, Sehun that Hailey’s fine. She has to break this two apart, she thought, then unconsciously her gaze landed on Chanyeol who was standing not so far, thankfully, the giant happy virus who was like having fun watching the scene unfolding, met her gaze and was able to get what she was trying to do. The boy moved to pull back s, and that’s when Kenzie was able to stabilize the scenario.

 

“Congratulations to you guys! Your first concert was a success.” She said, as calm as possible to divert the attention of everyone away from the previous happening. The EXO boys, bowed respectfully, with smiles on their faces. They are all happy to hear a much needed words of praise for them to be able to execute the next concerts that they’ll be doing soon. Then Kenzie remembered, she went to one of their security escorts, Myungsoo who was holding a box and got it from him. She then went to what she recognizes as the leader of EXO Suho, “This is a celebratory and a thank you cake from us. Again, Congratulations on your first concert. And also thank you for giving us the opportunities to be some of your VIP guests.” Kenzie said in a very soft tone, which made the members look at her which such sweet smiles on their faces, Chanyeol saw how s were staring at her...crush, he can’t help but feel his blood boil, but he can do nothing at all. If he’ll act up hastily, Kenzie would definitely find out about his secret, second...the members minus his best friend Baekhyun would definitely be suspicious and third HE IS NOT HER BOYFRIEND TO ACT UP ALL POSSESSIVE AND ! and for that, his own words got him to a state of brief sorrow. “Thank you so much for coming and for the kind words of praise. It means a lot to us being first timers in these kind of stuff.” Suho the leader said, Then accepted the cake presented to them. Kenzie just smiled at him, and slightly nodded. “Didn’t seem like your first time though...” they suddenly heard which made them look back to the youngest Wu. A smile decorated the youngest Wu’s face. “It felt like, you guys were pro’s...all performances were awesome.” She added, and matched her words with thumbs up as well as a sincere smile. And again, it made EXO feel thankful, with their praises washing their anxiety away. “EXO OPPA’S  JJANG!” they heard her said and after a soft giggle escaped , this was the first time Hailey used the common Korean word that’s pertaining to a girl calling an older boy. “Did I say it right?” Hailey asked curiously, which made the entire members and other people inside the room giggle at how adorable the youngest Wu is right now. “Hailey jjang!” the youngest Wu heard from EXO’s maknae who did a thumbs up as well at her. “Nǐ shuō de zhèngquè.. (you said it correctly.)” next, she heard from the Chinese member Yixing.

 

The girl just nodde her head, feeling relieved that she was able to relay the Korean words right. While the boy beside Chanyeol has all his attention on the girl, oh! How he wishes that she calls him oppa!, that’s what Baekhyun is currently thinking, looking at the girl with his gaze of endearment. Chanyeol who was standing beside him, gave him nudge on his elbow to break his staring at Hailey. Baekhyun looked at him with obvious irritation in his face, and a questioning look.

 

 “what?” he asked, feeling annoyed that he’s best-friend broke his concentration at the adorable Hailey. “stare at her more and she’ll definitely melt in no time.” Chanyeol whispered at him, that made him look at Chanyeol more weirdly. “what are you talking about?!” Baekhyun whispered back with confused tone. “dude! You’re too obvious, you’re staring at Hailey with that creepy smile of yours.” Chanyeol further revealed, which made Baekhyun flinch in his spot. “Was I that obvious?” he asked his best-friend, with a look of panic & curiousity. Chanyeol nodded, Baekhyun’s eyes went wide and also felt his jaw drop. “do you think she saw me doing that?” Baekhyun again asked in panic. His happy virus best-friend just smiled at him mischievously. “I don’t know...” Chanyeol answered him non-chalantly, with this Baekhyun felt, DOOOOMMMMED!, he thought, what if Hailey saw him ogling at her or worst saw him ogling at her with waht Chanyeol called, HIS CREEPY SMILE! She’ll definitely think of him weirdly and maybe for that reason. She’ll not talk to him anymore, over thinking made Baekhyun crumple his hair with both his hands, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter