Nineteenth

The Golden & The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seeing how Baekhyun smiled towards her, Hailey returned the gesture. She smiled at him as well, the sweetest that she can give.

 

  “you should have introduced yourself in the text...” she said, while looking at Baekhyun. “then, I could’ve replied back...I don’t really entertain text from an unknown number.” Hailey told him, which the latter just nodded at. “but why did you text me though? Is there something you need from me?” Hailey asked, hearing the question, that’s when Baekhyun realized that he should’ve really introduced himself in the text. But then he remembered it was a spur of the moment decision and he doesn’t know what to do anymore so he just pressed the send button, and waited an hour full of anxiety for her reply. “I...forgot...” Baekhyun answered, with an awkward smile on his face. Hailey just shookher head at him with a smile, she grabbed her phone on the coffee table beside the couch that she was sitting on. “now that you’ve said it, should I save your number?” Hailey asked wiggling her phone to Baekhyun. The boy has a very big smile on his face as of the moment and nodded at the girl, “yes please...” Baekhyun said. Hailey proceeded to finally save his number on her phone. “but, is it okay to text you though?” Baekhyun asked in curiousity, Hailey nodded at him still her attention in her phone, Baekhyun was relieved and now the nervousness he’s feeling has subsided. Just then, “Baekhyun-gege smile!” Hailey called out so suddenly that when Baekhyun turned, a very bright flash welcomed him, then he heard the laugh of the girl who is currently looking at his photo that she took for contact reference. “Hey! What was that for?” Baekhyun exclaimed, he turned to Hailey who was grinning from ear to ear looking at her phone, she moved to sit beside her to see what she was looking at and was surprised that it was the captured image of him in a startled expression, eyes wide open with his mouth slightly ajar. Hailey turned to look at him, “this will be your contact image gege!” she said, showing Baekhyun the picture on her phone screen, Baekhyun’s eyes went wide, “NO WAY!” he exclaimed, he tried to snatch Hailey’s phone from her hands but the girl was fast enough to hide her phone behind her and just mischievously at Baekhyun. The boy frowned at her, “can we change the image please?” Baekhyun asked with a pouting lips and showing his puppy eyes to her. The girl shook her head playfully at him, “Méimén! No way gege!” Hailey said childishly with matching no hand gestures. The boy sulked beside her, which didn’t the watchful eyes of Hailey. She smiled at how such older boy be this childish. She sighed, “Okay gege! give me your phone.” Hailey suddenly said, Baekhyun turned to her questioningly, “why?” he asked, “just give me your phone...” Hailey insisted, Baekhyun followed what she said and got his phone from his pocket and gave it to Hailey. She accepted the phone and opened the camera application, and to Baekhyun’s delight, she imitated how Baekhyun looked like in his photo on her phone earlier and captured it on her phone, Baekhyun just stared at the girl with a wide grin on his face. This girl is so random... he thought still looking at Hailey, “Gege!Selfie!” Hailey suddenly said with now the phone camera is focused on both of them. Both posed with peace signs and afterwards the girl gave back his phone. “just to be fair gege...” She said with a smile, he viewed the photo’s that she took and the smile on his face can’t seem to disappear.     Unknown to them, someone has been observing them since the very start, hiding behind the partition walls that separates the living room from the comfort room. After using the comfort room, Tao heard a few giggles recognizing it was Hailey’s voice. He peekd at the corner and saw how comfortable both Hailey and Baekhyun is towards each other and can’t help but to grin at the scene. He knows how his cousin is; Hailey isn’t a person who is able to adjust easily towards other people especially new ones. Growing to be the youngest out of the four, she is accustomed just with her brothers and sister who are always beside her, she can sometimes be awkward towards others which got Tao by surprise seeing how she is now towards Baekhyun. Whilst Baekhyun is the opposite, he met Baekhyun a few months ago when he was given the job to choreograph and formulate some special performances for their concert, and based on his analysis towards the boy, Baekhyun is the friendly, care free, loud & is the mood maker of the group. But with his care freeness he can sometimes throw remarks that can easily piss off others, a diva, as how others would seldom refer to him. (Which explains his & Hailey’s first meeting.) . Both are currently talking animatedly towards each other, and Tao finally decided to reveal himself, Hailey saw him walking towards them and realized how long he had been inside the comfort room.

 

  “Nǐ huāle hěn cháng shíjiān! Nǐ zuòle shénme? (you took long inside! what did you do?)” Hailey said and asked the minute he sat to her other side,starting a Chinese conversation with her cousin. “Wǒ zuòle wǒ bùdé bù zuò de. (I did what I had to do.)” Tao answered her, “Dàbiàn (poop?)” Hailey asked which made her cousin turn to her with a bewildered expression while Baekhyun who can’t und
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter