Twenty-Second

The Golden & The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The stadium roared with all of the fans cheering for the boys.  Different fan chants can be heard whenever the boys start to perform any of their songs, it amazed the quartet how fans can easily remember so many fan chants with so many songs of the group.

 

The Wu girls are waving their light sticks high just like what they saw the fans are doing, Mackenzie who was able to hear some of the songs of the boys hummed together with their singing, Hailey on the other hand is trying to suppress herself from bouncing on her seat, it’s undeniable how all the songs of EXO are catchy and that’s kinda her style. The Wu boys, Kieran was bobbing his head along with the songs while watching the boy’s dance their heart out, while Luke who unexpectedly bought his light stick with him, was pounding it in the air like a hammer to however the tune of the EXO song goes.

 

Half-way through the show, it was now time for some acoustic session, with Chanyeol on his guitar, along with the vocal line Chen, Suho, Kyungsoo & Baekhyun. They had mixed in their old song to their new ones, first up was their song from their XOXO album, Peter Pan, all of them sang their parts with utmost soulful voices, Chanyeol accompanying it with his rapping, The song really felt Disney-ish, the lyrics was indeed how Peter Pan and Wendy’s lovestory goes, the boys were able to relay the meaning of the song to their fans, it felt as if they were serenading each one of the fans in the stadium. Mackenzie is all smiles while watching the performance, she was impressed at how powerful and soulful the voices of the boys are, but, what amazed her more was how Chanyeol’s rapping complimented the singing voices of the vocal line, if the vocal line were emitting the cute boy vibe, Chanyeol was emitting the manly vibe with his deep tone voice in rapping as well as how he looked good and manly while playing his guitar. From time to time, Yeol is glancing on th audience making eye contacts with the fans, fan service, as what kpop fans would usually call it. This time, Yeol looked up and wandered his gaze in every corner of the stadium observing the people around, each time he smiles to their fans, but that smile was just so little, he continued to wander his gaze in the venue as if finding a particular someone, he remembered his best friend showing him Hailey's video message earlier and even saw the girl sister on the said video which made him happy that Mackenzie will be able to see him perform. When he turned to the VIP section in the middle, there he saw the person he was searching for waving her light stick up in the air as if a proud fan, and in an instant, the small smile turned into a wide grin, He looked directly at Mackenzie’s direction, good thing fans weren’t too focused on his line of sight that they didn’t see how Mackenzie answered his grin with a very sweet smile of hers, she waved her EXO light stick at him, which made the boy’s grin go wider. He nodded at her in acknowledgement and went back to concentrating in playing his guitar and doing his rap lines. Mackenzie continued to look on to the boys direction, and just then did she feel a nudge in her elbow, she turned to see a mischievous smile in Hailey’s face.

 

“what?” she asked, non-chalantly, while looking at the boys performing, “nothing...”  Hailey answered, “isn’t Yeollie gege good in whatever he does...he raps, he provides back-up vocals, he can even play the guitar. He actually fits your ideal type.”  Hailey suddenly said out of nowhere, and turned to her sister waiting for a reaction to come from her. A smile appeared in Mackenzie’s face, she then nodded agreeing to what her sister said, “he is...” Kenzie answered, her gaze stuck on Chanyeol, “he really looks manly while playing the guitar, and he sounds really manly when he raps...it pleasantly compliments the singing voice of s.” Kenzie added, her voice in a dreamy tone, still focused on Chanyeol. Hailey smiled at her sister’s statement, “I bet it would also be nicer to hear him rap while you sing.” Hailey told her sister, her statement got her sister’s attention that immediately turned to her. “what are you trying to imply Aeris?” Kenzie asked her sister.

 

Hailey at first just looked at her with a small smile on her face, she turned to the people who are currently performing on stage, she looked at Chanyeol who was just in time in turning to their direction. She saw, how he was smiling while looking at her sister, and how he also smiled awkwardly at her when he finally noticed that he’s been caught, Hailey in return just smiled at him reassuringly and turned back to her sister. “I thing Yeollie gege likes you...” she said, which made her sister blush instantly, “Yeollie gege?” Kenzie asked her sister as if she doesn’t know the answer, getting what her sister is trying to do, Hailey smiled at her, “Chanyeol gege...” she said, using the real name of Chanyeol playing along her sister’s pretend act. “I’m quite sure you know who he is...” Hailey added teasing her sister with a mischievous smile on her face. Then turned back to watch the performance, “that’s impossible Aeris...” she heard her sister mutter in a low kinda dejected tone. “why is it impossible though?” Hailey asked turning to her sister. “he’s a famous idol, he’s good looking, came from a well-known group and is in the music industry.” Kenzie said in a lifeless tone, “surely, she has many admirers around him, and much more, he already has someone who’s suited for an idol like him. Maybe another singer or an actress. Who knows.” Kenzie added trying to make her voice a little cheery so it wouldn’t be too obvious to her sister that she’s kind of....sad....and...hurting inside with her own words. Hailey looked at her sister trying to see through her, and alas she really did, “are you trying to convince me or yourself Kenzie?” Hailey asked which caught her off-guard, “you know I’m not just your sister for nothing right? You know I can see through you...and right now, I know you’re trying to convince yourself instead of me.” Hailey told Kenzie which shocked the latter, “You like him don’t you? Maybe not the romantic like yet, but I know you’re attracted to him in some ways...and so is he...” Hailey further continued, Kenzie just looked at her expressionlessly, but it immediately changed into a small smile, she did not answer Hailey anymore and went back to watching the performance,she’s sure that her sister already knows the meaning of her smile. Hailey just shook her head at her sister, and turned back to the performance which just in time she and Baekhyun met eyes, she waved at the boy and did a thumbs up which the boy responded with a really wide smile and a nod of acknowledgement.

 

After the acoustic performance, it was now time for the dance line to take over. One by one, Lay, Xiumin, Sehun & Kai did their solo dance intro first, then after a hip hop dance took over using one of their songs. All four exuded the swag aura in them, they really out undoubtedly the ultimate dance line of EXO. After the hip hop performance, next was the y dance performance, one of their songs Moonlight echoed in the whole stadium, fans were all squealing their lungs out feeling their blood rush seeing how the boys moved their bodies ily to the beat. Hailey and Kenzie’s eyes were expectedly covered by their brothers, the fans around who saw what happened smiled at how the two older boys tried to protect their sister's eyes, The Wu girls did nothing but to stay still and giggle at their brother's silliness and just made them do whatever they want, some fans who saw the cute interaction of the siblings captured the moment that would surely be trendind later on. After the said segment, it was now time for the much awaited Monster stage plus special stage of the maknaes. All members of the group were again reunited on stage and started performing their recent track Monster, the quartet unexpectedly jammed together, now on their feet near one of the railings, with the opening beat of the song which was quiet familiar for Hailey, she bobbed her head accordingly with the beat and waved her light stick up like a mad man. Then the first line from the song was heard... she got me, going crazy... Hailey heard a familiar voice, when she looked up, surprisingly Baekhyun was standing in the middle looking at...HER! she felt her heart pounding on her chest rapidly. What is this feeling... she thought while holding on to the eye contacting they are having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter