It's fate.

You Are Not My Competition

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Oh wow! The line is so long! The concert doesn’t start until 7pm and the line is so long! It’s only 3pm… Fans are so dedicated… I hope my group will be this successful. I really don’t want to let them down. Which reminds me, I have to get them on some kind of reality show… who should I call? Mnet? MTV? I mean, they are going to debut this year so I really want them to be on a show, just so people can know about them.

“Jenny-sshi!”

I turned around, making sure my back pack doesn’t hit anyone and for me to not lose my place in the line. What the- why is Hyunseung here? Does he seriously want his money back? What a cheapskate…

Hyunseung ran up to me in line.

“What? Do you want your money now?”

Aish… this guy. I starting taking off my backpack when Hyunseung stopped me.

“I was wondering if I could step in line with you.”

What the heck? He’s acting all nice and fake with me? Who is he trying to fool? The 17 year old Lee Jenny? I don’t think so buddy, you’re never going to be on my good side.

I faked a sorry look, “I’m sorry but the line is really squishy and I don’t think I can plop you into the line. Sorry, I think you’ll just have to go the end of the line.”

It’s his fault that he’s late, I am not, no way in hell, letting him jump the line. He can wave that hope goodbye. And what’s up with the hat and sunglasses? If I can recognise him and I’m not a fan then his disguise is pretty bad.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

“I’m sorry but the line is really squishy and I don’t think I can plop you into the line. Sorry, I think you’ll just have to go the end of the line.”

Don’t lie you piece of molten rock! You can fit an elephant in the line. Aish! I wouldn’t have to ask her but I can’t be late to Teen Top’s concert. I have to snatch a good spot so I can hand him a piece of paper to ask him about something… if I don’t stand near the stage, I might not have this opportunity again since Teen Top’s having a worldwide concert.

I can’t make myself look bad in front of her. I have to get into line.

“Jenny-sshi, you have to help me. Please, I really don’t want to go to the back.”

“Um…”

She’s trying to play innocent but I can see right through her.

“President Jang, I don’t think that’s fair…”

I rolled my eyes; it looks like I’ll just have to use my charming skills to get into this line. I took off my sunglasses and tapped the girl in front of the molten rock. The girl turned around and she looked pretty shocked.

“Excuse me miss, can I please go in line behind you? I’m here with my friend here and she says that there’s no room.”

I used my puppy eyes at the eye and she couldn’t stop staring, ahh… the K-pop industry, if y doesn’t get you through, cute is the full-proof method.

The girl nodded her head, wide open from the shock of meeting superstar Jang Hyunseung.

I smiled at her and tried to get into the line but it was really hard to get into line. I glanced over at Jenny and she was frowning as me as I tried to push my way into the line.

I heard a loud sigh coming from her as she rolled her eyes and hugged her backpack.

“Sorry! Sorry!” I tried to get into the line, because I look so handsome, people actually let me get away of it.

“I am very sorry! I am so sorry! Please forgive me! I am so sorry!”

I felt someone grab me by the hand and pull me towards the wall. Things kind of blurred for a few seconds before I felt my back hitting into the wall and something pushing against my chest. I saw Jenny looking at me, out of breath and pushing her backpack at me. *Remember that Jenny had the backpack in front of her before*.

Even though the backpack was between us, my heart was beating so quickly. It’s been a long time since I’ve been this close to Jenny… I was trying to control my breathing as Jenny was obviously trying to control her anger.

“Look, I don’t have time for your stupid games. I’ll pay you back for the medical bills but you’re a celebrity, an idol, a role model; President Jang. Lying and tricking people is not good.”

Lying? She’s talking about lying?

I scoffed, “Right… because you totally don’t remember your high school sweetheart, Lee Jenny.”

That’s right! Tongue-tied… I thought so you piece of molten rock.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

It was almost L.Joe’s rapping part in “Beautiful Girl”. You were standing near the stage so L.Joe saw you and waved at you. You smiled widely as you held up your banner. Hyunseung waved at Hyunseung and you gave him a weird look.

“He wasn’t waving at you, you idiot.”

“Yes he is! I’m his friend!”

You rolled your eyes, “Really? Last time I remembered, you tried to punch him, standing up for someone who did something wrong.”

“Can you stop bring up the past?”

“You’re the one that mentioned ‘high school sweetheart’,” you said through your teeth as you continued smiling at L.Joe.

L.Joe walked up to you and crouched down.

“Yeah, it’s me L.Joe; I’ve held back my confession for all this time.”

He looked at you and smiled before winking at you. Hyunseung rolled his eyes as he nudged L.Joe and gave him the piece of paper. L.Joe stood up and walked over to the other side of the stage.

Hyunseung scoffed, “You do know that he’s only doing it for show?”

“No , Sherlock. Do you really think that I would fall for that? It’s part of the song, you idiot.”

“What? I don’t want you falling for him and ruining things.”

You rolled your eyes as you turned away from him.

“What? Like I did seven years ago?” you said to yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You managed to get backstage after the concert and waited for Teen Top, mainly L.Joe and Ricky. You bowed to the staff members walking past you and you noticed the dressing room door was opening. You quickly opened up the banner and fixed up your Teen Top badges. Ricky stepped out of the room first, followed by L.Joe.

“Noona!” Ricky shouted out as he ran towards you and hugged you.

You smiled as you hugged him back, “Whoa! You’ve got a growth spurt while I was gone. I couldn’t tell because I only saw you on Skype.”

“Of course, I’m taller than L.Joe hyung now,” Ricky said proudly.

“Yah! Yoo Ricky. Stop it.”

“Hyung is actually the shortest out of the group.”

You laughed as you hugged L.Joe, “Well, he’s taller than me.”

“You didn’t even tell us you were coming today.”

“Well, I wanted it to be a surprise and it was a punishment for not coming to my welcome back party,” you smiled.

“Well, I’m glad you came,” L.Joe smiled at you.

You nodded your head happily as you pointed to the badges, “I even got my Ricky and L.Joe badge.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky left you and L.Joe alone to talk to each other.

“So how have you been?” you asked.

L.Joe nodded his head slightly, “I’ve been good. Teen Top is doing better than expected.”

“That’s really great to here… you don’t know how much I was cheering for you when Teen Top won 2014’s best artist of the year award.”

“So how have you been?”

“I became the CEO of LH Entertainment and I’m half a year away from debuting a group of boys.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah and I kind of need your help…”

L.Joe smiled, “As long as it’s reasonable.”

“I want my boys to go on a reality show so that people can watch them and like him before their actual debut date.”

L.Joe continued smiling as he nodded his head, “You know I have the perfect show. Just recently, a friend of mine working for MTV was talking about finding two groups for a reality show. Remember the show that Block B and B1A4 were on? Well, it’s kind of like that but they’ll be interacting more.”

Your eyes lightened up, “Really?! You’re not saying this as a joke are you?”

“No, it’s the real deal. I’ll go talk to him and they’ll contact you.”

You squealed as you put your hands on your cheeks, “Thank you so much L.Joe!”

“No probs. I guess I owe you since it was you who gave me strength to keep going when I was at my worst.”

You smiled, “Are you sure it’s not going to be too much trouble?”

“Nah, plus, Hyunseung handed me a note giving out suggestions because we had troubles finding another group but I think your group, knowing you, would be great for the show.”

“Hyunseung? He’s going to be in the show?”

“Well yeah, didn’t he tell you? You two were standing next to each other, I thought he would have told you.”

You bit your bottom lip as your eyebrows knitted together, “Aish, of all people to share the show with…”

L.Joe laughed, “Ah… ex-boyfriend being on the same show as you isn’t that difficult. Idols do it all the time, no one knows and we have to laugh and act as if everything’s okay.”

“Yeah, but since I’ve gotten back to Korea, I always see him. It’s ridiculous!”

“Then I guess it’s fate.”

“Well then it’s fate that you saw me in the audience today. I’m surprised you even saw me.”

“Yeah…” L.Joe blushed a little bit, “I guess it is fate.”