Sober Thoughts

You Are Not My Competition

 

Title: Jenny and Hyunseung’s date only for show?

No. It is not for We Got Married but it is actually for H4’s and Troublemakers’ show, ‘Match Up’. In the most recent episode, the groups prepared a surprised for the school with the most fans. This was decided in the polls on the Mnet website. The very lucky school was Youngsong Girls’ High School. The two groups performed in the form of a ‘battle’ and the girls were extremely happy when they allowed time for a signing session.

After school hours, the boys stayed back to clean up the hall and put the chairs and equipment away and then entered a classroom where they started their lesson. As soon as Jenny and Hyunseung entered, H4’s Chan Ho and Troublemakers’ Andy began whining about not having a girlfriend despite the fact that their CEO was allowed to have one. Jenny and Hyunseung put an end to their complaints when they played a video of the date that was circulating the internet. Turns out that their date was only part of their lesson, which was acting. The fans along with the members were extremely disappointed by this and expressed their sadness, “Aww… I want Jenseung!”, “Jenseung, Y U troll fans?” and happiness, “Oh well… at least it gives me a chance with Jenny right?”, “Yay! Hyunseung is ours again!”

[Update: H4 & Troublemakers Match Up will end that episode due the clash in schedules since the two groups will be debuting soon. Stay tuned on KpopExpress.com for more info on their debut.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------------Two weeks later-------------------

“Thank you so much for helping us cover it up… yes… yes. I will definitely work with Mnet again. Once again, thank you so much for helping me. Yes, you too. Bye.”

You hung up the phone and let out a sigh as you rubbed your temples. With all the preparation for H4’s debut, you lacked food, leisure time and sleep.

“I can’t even sigh because that takes up a lot of energy…” you mumbled to yourself as you prepared to make more calls to the staff that were designated to work with H4.

-----------Phone call-----------

Choreographer: What is it CEO Lee?
You: Can you send me the video of the boys’ dance practise please?
Choreographer: You sound really tired, plus I didn’t record it today. They are all good to go. The only group that they lose synchronisation to is Infinite.
You: Yeah… but-
Choreographer: CEO Lee, you should really take a rest. Take a rest from the boys. They’re in good hands.
You: *hesitant* Fine, but can you call the co-ordi unni? Just check on the stage-
Choreographer: Stage outfits. I know. Just go out to the streets of Seoul and enjoy the food that the street stalls have to offer.
You: Okay… bye…

----------End of phone call----------

You checked the time on your phone, stood up and grabbed your bag.

“Let’s go check out the streets of Seoul then…”

You stepped out of the office and bowed to the workers in the office and waited for the elevator.

*I don’t want to be without you girl, majimak insaneun-*

You grunted as you answered the phone.

-----------Phone call----------

You: Hello?
Hyunseung: *Drunk* Heeyy… wahh sup…puh?
You: *sigh* Oh my gosh…
Hyunseung: Jenny! My molten rock! Come to me!
You: How much did you drink?
Hyunseung: Enough to DRUNK DIAL YOU!

*Disruption*

Bartender: Excuse me; can you please come pick him up? He’s becoming a nuisance at the bar.
You: Um… yeah. Just use his phone to text it to me the address.

---------End of phone call---------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Seriously, what are you doing getting drunk? You have a group to debut and you’re drinking,” you nagged Hyunseung as you lead him towards your car.

“Do you vomit when you’re drunk because if you do, you’re going to have to take a taxi.”

You got no reply from Hyunseung so you turned around to see him staring at a lamp post.

“When did you get so tall?” Hyunseung asked the lamp post.

“Get in the car,” you grabbed Hyunseung by the upper arm and opened the door for you.

“Is this thing a time machine? Like in Back to the Future?”

You rolled your eyes and ran over to the drivers’ side of the car and got in.

“This device is so handy! It stops me from going forward when I go too fast. It looks like a seatbelt… feels like a seatbelt but it’s not a seatbelt!”

“It is a seatbelt.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were driving when there was a car accident a few hundred metres in front of your car. You, only with other cars were stuck in traffic. You impatiently tapped on the steering wheel as you waited for traffic to make progress.

“Did you know that I have this piece of molten rock right?”

“No, because a piece of molten rock would lose its heat, thus making it just an igneous rock.”

“So anyways! This molten rock has a really soft inside right? Like lava. But the outside is really tough and sometimes, it’s hard to understand this molten rock.”

“Is that so?” you asked sarcastically.

“Yes! I found this molten rock by accident seven years ago and I fell in love with in because the warmth… the nice feeling that it had, melted my heart. Does that make me sound cheesy? Because cheese melts.”

“Yeah? Well, you threw the molten rock away and the molten rock doesn’t want to talk to you.”

“I know! It ! But I only did it because my dad,” Hyunseung hiccupped, “My dad wanted me to like the molten rock for all the wrong reason. My dad wanted to use the qualities of my… MY molten rock to make himself richer. To make us richer.”

Your eyes softened and you looked over at Hyunseung.

“Your father wanted you to date me for money?”

“Exactly! But I said no! No deal!”

You shook your head, “You’re drunk, you don’t know what you’re saying.”

Hyunseung chuckled, “Here’s something funny, the molten rock once told me… told me that *hiccup* told me that drunken words are sober thoughts. In fact, it said that on the day that I dropped it.”

You stared out the window as you stared out the window.

“I really miss my molten rock…”

You suddenly leaned over to Hyunseung and kissed him on the lips.