What Jenny thought of the meeting...

You Are Not My Competition

 

“One double chocolate chip frappuccino please,” you gave money to the register worker.

“So how’s the trainee?” Som asked you.

“He’s fine, he just hurt his arm, and recovery is on its way.”

“When’s the ep going to air?”

“Um… Next month, I think,” you then turned to Landy, “I heard Junhyung has been staying up late working on some album.”

Landy let out a sigh, “I haven’t been able to spend any time with Junhyung oppa because he’s working on Hyunseung’s al- oh… sorry.”

“Oh! Speaking of the devil, I saw him two days ago at the hospital.”

“And…” Som and Landy looked at you, waiting for you to spill the beans on your first encounter with Hyunseung since the break up.

“And… it was very civil. Come on guys, it was a high school thing that lasted two months. Kim Kardashian’s relationship at the time lasted longer than mine,” you laughed faintly.

“So what did he say? What did YOU say?”

“Well… at first I didn’t recognise him so I asked him his name; no joke, still, being an idol has not helped him with his hairstyle *think Soom era* either. Anyways, it seems like he didn’t recognise me either.”

“Really? You only got a fringe.”

You shrugged, “I don’t know. He just didn’t recognise me but he did sound a bit shaky because one of my trainees has this CRAZY idea of Hyunseung liking me.”

“Maybe he does,” Som looked at you with wide eyes.

“Maybe he has moved on.”

“Jenny, coming from the person with the longest relationship time in the three of us,” Landy put her hand on her chest, “I can confidently say that he does and still like you.”

“Here’s your double chocolate chip frappuccino.”

“Thank you,” you took your drink and turned to Landy, “No. I don’t think he does. Don’t try to do anything that I don’t like.”

“Okay, okay. There’s nothing I can do,” Som seemed to have given up.

“Unless!”

“Unless…”Landy looked at Som with a confused look.

“Unless you tell her what Junhyung told you,” Som hinted.

“What did Junhyung tell you Landy?”

“Nothing,” Landy bit the straw of her coffee as she avoided eye contact with you, “since you wanted nothing to do with it.”

“Fine, I won’t ask anymore then,” you smiled as you took a sip out of your frappuccino.

After a moment of silence, Som cracked; she stopped drinking and looked at you.

“Hyunseung wants to go on your good side again.”

You let out a scoff, “Of course he would, he probably doesn’t want his company to look bad if we both argue.”

“Or maybe he just wants to get back with you.”

“Nah, I don’t think so. It’s been six years; I think he’s moved on. Speaking about Hyunseung, I have to pay him back for the medical bill. I was so worried about Si Hwan that I totally forgot about it and I guess he paid for the medical bill because we haven’t gotten a call from the hospital.”

“You should pay him back.”

“I just said that…”

“Well, you’re just in luck, I have his number.”

“Why?”

“Because if Junhyung doesn’t come home, I know he’s with Hyunseung.”

“Ahh… their budding bromance in high school has turned in a marriage kind of,” you joked.

“Eww…”

“So what’s his number?” you asked.

“So you do want to talk to him…” Landy and Som smirked at you.

“No,” you huffed, “I just want to pay him back just in case he brings this up on a variety show.”

“You famous people are always doing that, always for good publicity.”

“Yeah, because in Asia, no publicity is better than bad publicity.”

“Call him now,” Som suggested.

“Now?”

Som and Landy nodded their head enthusiastically.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah! Just so we can guide you through things when it gets awkward.”

You laughed lightly as you took a sip of your drink, “I don’t think it’ll be awkward, we don’t even know each other now. It’s like we’re two strangers who just met.”

“Which makes it so much better for you two to get together.”

“Seriously, I have a higher chance of getting back with Riley than I do with Hyunseung.”

Landy handed you her phone, “Call him. Just do it, I won’t give you the number again.”

You let out a sigh of defeat and took Landy’s phone, “Fine.”

“Just look for Yang Hyunseung.”

Landy and Som smiled at each other in a mischievous manner.

“Put it on speaker.”

You rolled your eyes as you took a sip of your drink and dialled Hyunseung’s number.

----------Phone call----------

Hyunseung: No Landy-sshi, Junhyung is not here.
You: *laughs* Um… President Jang, it’s me, Lee Jenny, the new CEO of LH Entertainment. We met at the hospital when one of my trainees hurt themselves.
Hyunseung: Oh… *pause* Yeah. Urgh… why are you calling?
You: I want to pay you back.
Hyunseung: *shook/scared tone* For what?
You: Um… the medical bills?
Hyunseung: *laughs awkwardly* Oh! Right… yeah… um… sure.
You: Okay then, I’ll just transfer the money over to you then.
Hyunseung: No! I mean- you should… pay it to me in person. Going to the bank just to pay me back seems bothersome.
You: *pauses* Um… okay…
Hyunseung: I’ll tell Junhyung to tell Landy to tell you.
You: Or you can just tell me now?
Hyunseung: Oh- right. Um… yeah. Meet me at the- urgh… meet me at… urgh…
You: You know what, why don’t we stick to your original plan then. Bye.
Hyunseung: Bye.

-------------End of phone call--------------

You scoffed in disbelief as you hung, “He doesn’t trust me!”

“Well, you did say that he didn’t recognise you.”

“Lies, he damn sure knows who I am and he thinks I’m going to take his money?” you gritted your teeth, “He is unbelievable. I don’t want to touch his money! Seriously, he never changed.”

“So I guess he won’t be on your good side.”

“He will never be on my good side.”

You then closed your eyes and calmed down.

“So anyways, it’s Friday today, so what are you two doing tonight?” you smiled happily.

Som and Landy glared at you.

“Don’t rub it in our faces. You get to go to a concert and we’re stuck at school marking exams,” Landy pouted.

“We should be getting back to school to mark the exams. Plus, you should go and line up, as soon as the bell rings, the girls in the school are going to be flooding the concert place.”

“I should huh?” you asked as you stood up and picked up your backpack.

“What’s in that?” Landy asked.

“Just Teen Top’s merchandise including light sticks, badges, fans and a large banner I made with the help of my boys.”

“You’re such a fangirl Jenny.”