No!

You Are Not My Competition

 

“Guys, isn’t this great?” Hyunseung smiled as he stood in between you and L.Joe, opening the noodle packet.

L.Joe was washing the vegetables and you were cutting up the vegetables. No one responded to Hyunseung’s question.

“Guys, cooking is fun! Talk a bit, will you?”

“I will if you away…” you said under your breath.

“What did you say?” Hyunseung asked in a confused manner.

“Here Jenny,” L.Joe reached his arm out to give you the onion to cut up.

Hyunseung took the onion off L.Joe and handed it to you.

“Why don’t you go and cook the noodles?” you asked.

“Okay then,” Hyunseung smiled enthusiastically as he walked over to the stove.

As soon as Hyunseung walked away, L.Joe moved closer to you but as soon as he did, Hyunseung popped in between you two.

“Sorry, I just need to fill the pot with water.”

You held in your frustration as you placed one hand on your hip, waiting for Hyunseung to finish.

“There, I’m done,” Hyunseung smiled before walking over to the stove.

You returned to cutting the onions when your eyes stung from the onion.

“Are you okay?” L.Joe asked you as he grabbed tissues for you.

“Yeah, my eyes just sting from cutting up these onions.”

Hyunseung glanced over at you and L.Joe before stepping in between you and L.Joe again.

“Since you’re whinging and whining, I’ll take over this job and you can go cook the noodles.”

Hyunseung took the knife from you and started cutting. You narrowed your eyes at Hyunseung but changed your expression and looked at L.Joe.

“I’m sorry…” L.Joe mouthed to you.

“It’s okay.”

While you and L.Joe were cooking, Hyunseung went to set up the table.

“This didn’t turn out the way you wanted, did it?” you asked.

“Oh well, it gives us a chance to do this a second time.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with Hyunseung. He doesn’t even like talking about me, let alone share the same air as me.”

L.Joe shrugged, “Maybe he wants to spend time with me.”

You laughed, “Ahh… is that so?”

“Guys, is the food done yet?” Hyunseung asked.

“Almost done!” you shouted out.

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

“Wah! We’re done!” Jenny clapped her hands together as she poured the jjajangmyun into the bowl.

Look at her, all happy and everything. Has my plans not worked? How could she treat me like that? Already moving onto L.Joe? Hmph!

“Let’s bring it to the table and eat!” I smiled cheerily as I ran to the table and sat at the head of the table.

I made sure that L.Joe sat on one side of the table and the piece of molten rock sat on the other side. She wasn’t too happy about it but that just meant that I was succeeding at what I was doing.

We finished eating and L.Joe took out his phone and was looking through it.

“Sorry guys, it seems like I have a meeting to go to. By the looks of it, it seems like I’m going to have a drama deal.”

“Really?! That’s great!”

I hugged L.Joe, “Congrats man. Fingers crossed you get it.”

“Thank you but I’m so sorry I have to cut things off here, I have to leave now and meet with my manager.”

“You’re not staying to clean up?”

“Nah, I never liked doing it anyways,” L.Joe joked.

L.Joe stood up and patted Jenny on the back before leaving, “I’ll call you.”

“Yeah.”

I stood up to open the door but L.Joe stopped me, “Nah, I’ll just leave on my own. You two need to clean up.”

“I’ll go see you out, Jenny why don’t you clean up the dishes?”

Jenny glared at me before taking the dishes to the kitchen.

I followed L.Joe to the door, “I’m sorry, was I interrupting anything today?”

L.Joe shook his head, “Nah, it’s okay.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, it was fun cooking with you and Jenny but I really have to get going now.”

L.Joe then left and I turned around to see Jenny washes the dishes, without wearing gloves.

“You’re a girl! Why are you not wearing gloves when washing the dishes?” I ran over to her and handed her the gloves.

She threw the gloves into the sink and placed one hand on her hip and one on sink.

“Seriously, what is wrong with you?”

“What?” I pretended to act innocent.

Jenny narrowed her eyes at me, “Don’t lie, you knew that L.Joe and I were about to have a date and you purposely became a third wheel.”

“Tricycles are pretty cool thou-”

“No! I don’t understand why you’re like this. Every time we meet each other, we clash. I do something you don’t like and you always manage to tick me off. Why on earth are you trying to spend time with me? Are you just going through all this effort to piss me off?”

I can tell where this is going… but can’t she pick up the hint that I don’t want her around L.Joe? I bet anyone that L.Joe knows that I don’t want him around Jenny. Why can’t she pick it up that I don’t want her around any other guy?

“Well? Answer me, Jang Hyunseung.”

“What is there to answer? Why can’t I enjoy lunch with my friend?”

“URGH!” Jenny groaned, “I really don’t understand you. Were you trying to make my life horrible or were you trying to stop our date?”

Bingo.

“Why does it matter? We just ate a delicious lunch.”

“So you were trying to stop our date… why?”

“Nothing. I wasn’t.”

I don’t want you around any other guy. Jenny, I tried to be angry at you, finding every excuse to dislike you, to get me to push you away from me but it’s not working, I just want you back.

“Seriously, we’ve broken up for close to a decade, I’ve dated people and I broke up with them, I’ve moved on. You’ve probably done that. Why can’t you do that with me?”

After the break up, being an idol stopped me dating for 5 years, and the past two years, every time I get set up with someone, I can’t get over Jenny.

“Don’t tell me you’ve been a monk for all these years.”

“No! What the heck?! No.”

“Then why can’t you leave me alone? If I don’t recall, you’re the one who broke up with me. YOU, YOU were the one who DUMPED me, Jang Hyunseung. It was YOU who did wrong by me. Why is that YOU, a person who let me go, trying to hold me back?”

Jenny’s eyes were watering up. I couldn’t tell if it was from frustration, anger or sadness. Maybe it’s from all of it but I kind of hated myself for making her feel that.

“Jenny, I-”

“You what? What is so important that you wanted to tell me? Couldn’t you get a hint from our last phone call that I do not want to be around you? That I wanted you to not be in my future.”

Not be in her future? I can’t have that because I want her in my future and for that to happen; I have to be in hers. Funny how life works…

“I’m outta here.”

Jenny pushed me away and walked to the living room. I ran after her and grabbed her arm.

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t have to answer to you.”

She took out her phone and called someone as she paced towards the door.

“Dongwoon, pick me up at *insert Hyunseung’s address in here*. Yeah. I don’t feel well. Can you pick me up?”

How could this happen? Now she hates me even more without seeing the fact that I love her.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~