Blindly.

You Are Not My Competition

 

You were waiting outside Hyunseung’s apartment complex when Dongwoon drove up in his car.

“Yah, what took you so long?” you complained as you stepped into the car.

“It’s been a few years since I’ve been back in Korea. Give me a break. Why are you so grumpy?”

You put on your seatbelt and let out a huge sigh as you crossed your arms, “Just Hyunseung being Hyunseung.”

“Why were you at his apartment?”

“He forcefully invited me and L.Joe to a lunch date.”

Dongwoon scoffed, “Does he know that he’s a third wheel?”

“I think he’s doing it on purpose to make my life horrible.”

“Do you want some ice-cream?”

You smiled, “You know me so well.”

“Of course, I spent 7 long years being your personal diary. I probably know you more than you do.”

“Well, what kind of ice-cream is my personal diary getting me?”

“Anything you want since it’s hot and I totally regret wearing this shirt,” Dongwoon pouted.

You laughed as you tugged on Dongwoon’s sleeve, “Yeah, long sleeves in hot weather. Smart.”

Dongwoon frowned, “Well the news channel said it was going to be 23 degrees Celsius today.”

“But the trend in the temperature for the past week didn’t tell you anything?”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“In 50 metres, turn right, Jong No Street.”

I laughed, “I can’t believe you’re using a navigator.”

“I haven’t been here since we were in high school. Give me a break.”

Since we were in high school? I looked around the street and observed shops. This place does look familiar… I turned to Dongwoon.

“Which ice-cream store are we going to?”

“It’s the store where you go to escape your fanboys.”

I scoffed, “Not to sound arrogant, but which one?”

“The one on…”

The car turned and something hit me, not physically, but mentally. A memory of when I was hiding in the bush came across my mind. It was the day that I-

“… it was where you publicly announced you had a boyfriend and set your brother on a manhunt for your boyfriend.”

“Oh, that one.”

The same ice-cream store where Hyunseung saw me and got the stupid idea to blackmail me.

“I can’t find any parking space,” Dongwoon complained.

“Well you are in Seoul… it’s like the New York equivalent here in Korea.”

Dongwoon let out a sigh, “This Hyunseung thing…”

Oh great, I can’t escape the guy! No matter where I am, I can’t escape him.

I let out a huge sigh myself as I prepared myself to listen to whatever Dongwoon was about to say.

“I’m the only person who knows how you two actually broke up and judging from that, you trust me a lot.”

“Yeah, I do.”

“So I get the bad break up and I get why you have to be nice to him on your TV show but why are you tolerating him so much out here, in real life?”

He got me stumped. I really didn’t know how to answer it. Why I tolerated him was a mystery to me. I couldn’t comprehend what I was doing, why was I beating around the bush? I should just tell him straight out that I never ever want anything to do with him.

“Jenny ah, the reason you’re tolerating him so much is because,” Dongwoon hesitated for a while, “face it, you still love him.”

“Love him?”

“Yeah, you still do. Jenny, it’s called denial and you’re in it deep.”

“Dongwoon, I don’t love him. I’m looking for love but just not from him.”

I knew what Dongwoon was saying and it that he was right.

“Right… so that’s why you didn’t tell anyone about how you guys really broke up.”

Come to think of it why doesn’t anyone know?

“Oh! Parking space.”

“Seriously, I don’t know why no one knows about it. It was never really talked about…”

I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car. I looked around and I slowly started remembering the restaurants and the times I spent there after school. When I should have been studying…

Dongwoon ran over to my side and walked beside me.

“That’s because you subconsciously don’t want your friends to be against you dating him again and bring that up as an argument.”

“Well if that’s the case, being my closest and longest time friend, what do you think?”

Dongwoon took a deep breath and put his hands in his front pockets.

“Well... I think you rich people break up in the most dramatic ways.”

I lightly pushed Dongwoon, “It’s not like that. We rich people are like everyone else. Like everyone else, we fall hard and unfortunately suffer the consequences.”

“Well, I think you should… fall not so hard for Hyunseung but give him a chance.”

“I should? Are you sure?”

“Of course. You can still hate him but make it a bit more playful.”

I looked at Dongwoon, confusion slowly filling my expression. Why would Dongwoon be all for me getting back with Hyunseung?

“What’s your motive behind saying these things?”

“That you can be happy? You broke up with Riley in America and I’m pretty sure the way you talk to L.Joe that you’re over him now.”

“Don’t you think that L.Joe and I would look better together though?”

“You guys are… meh…”

“What? We’d be great together.”

“Too great. In fact, there seems to be no excitement for anyone. You guys will be the couple that no one wants to double date with because you’re both so boring.”

“What? No, we’re not boring.”

We walked into the ice-cream and I couldn’t help but get so excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We ordered our ice-cream and sat down to enjoy the delicious treat that is ice-cream.

“You what actually got me thinking about this is because this guy I modelled with, his name is Kwang Soo, his friend has the exact problem as you. Not exactly but like, him and his ex had to break up because of his family.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, and we were discussing yesterday how his friend should totally just get back with the girl but it didn’t seem to work.”

I kept the ice-cream spoon in my mouth as I looked out onto the street thinking about a good restaurant I could take the boys when they finish recording their album. I know it’s random but I kind of wanted to blank out of Dongwoon’s story for a bit.

“… -gested you go on a date with him.”

“Wait what?” The ice-cream spoon fell out from my mouth.

Seriously, is everyone on a mission to find me a boyfriend?

“Look, we just suggested it. No one has agreed to anything so don’t worry. I did not just push you blindly into a blind date with a random guy.”

“Good.”

“Your brother would have killed me.”

I should. I mean, there’s no harm in a date. I can avoid if it works out. The world is not that much of a small place because I would have met Jensen Ackles *Author’s note: A gorgeous hot actor in America* by now.

I shrugged, “Organise the date.”

“W-what?” Dongwoon’s eyes widened.

“Tell your friend that I’d love to go on a date. Since everyone wants to basically get married and have kids. I might as well make the first move.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, as long as he’s taller than me and not a player, I don’t mind.”

Dongwoon looked at me, dumbfounded.

“Umm… urgh… yeah. Okay. I’ll call him tonight.”

“Great!”

A date is better than no date at all. I mean, L.Joe is totally not going to go after me after what happened today. He probably picked up the signals and ran off. L.Joe would have been a good boyfriend… Maybe this guy will be better. Fingers crossed he is.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

I would just like to say Happy Lunar New Year!! in advance because I will not be updating tomorrow or on the first day of the Lunar New Year. I hope everyone enjoys the new year with their friends and family, may the year of the Dragon bring you heaps of luck and red pocket money xD Eat healthy, think healthy and stay healthy! Thank you for reading my fanfics. If you miss me, you can still leave a message on my wall, I'll reply. =) That's all for now. Happy Lunar New Year! =D