The Boys

You Are Not My Competition

“Oh wow, so when do I get to meet my trainees?” you laughed as clasped your hands together.

“You will meet them soon, sweety. You will be debuting a group of boys,” your dad said as he patted you on the back.

“Boys?” You looked at your dad.

“Yeah, we already debuted all the girls in past two years,” your dad scratched the back of his head.

You laughed as you walked down the corridor of the training building.

Your dad pointed to one of the rooms, “The boys are in that room.”

You nodded your head as you slowly made your way towards the room, you stood outside as you watched them dance to one of SHINee’s song.

“Oh! This is Taemin’s group’s song!” you smiled.

“I shall now hand them over to you,” your dad said as he walked off.

“Dad! Don’t leave me alone! I need to get them to like me! Not to avoid me for the rest of their life!” your eyes widened as you looked at your dad walk away.

“They can’t avoid you honey, you’re their boss! Literally, so take advantage of it.”

You bit your bottom lip as you cautiously stepped into the room, the boys didn’t notice you coming into the room. You slowly moved closer to the boys.

“What the heck? They can my reflection in the mirror and yet they won’t stop,” you mouthed out to yourself.

You noticed there were only 4 boys so you decided to take the 5th place in the choreography. You waited for the boys to switch places and you quickly slid in and continued dancing as if nothing happened. Suddenly one glanced at you and stomped dancing, causing the others to stop.

You laughed to get rid of the awkwardness and the boys bowed to you and vice versa.

“An-anneonghaseyo…” they said shyly.

“Anneonghaseyo,” you smiled at them.

The room was suddenly filled with awkwardness.

“So do you guys know who I am?” you asked enthusiastically.

The boys looked at you with blank stares.

“You’re Jenny noona! Our new CEO!” said one of the boys.

“You debuted in the US!”

“Bingo!” you smiled at them.

The boys quickly bowed to you again.

“Hello, has my father been making you train really hard?”

The boys avoided eye contact with you.

“He has hasn’t he?” you laughed, “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure you get there on the same time with the same effort and work but with more fun and memories so that you won’t look back on your trainee days and complain about it on variety shows.”

Some of the boys laughed.

“Ah! I’ve already grown on some of you,” you joked.

“Excuse me, what do we call you?” one of the boys asked you.

“Well… who here is under 24 years old? Wait… 25 in Korean years?”

All of them raised their arms; you let out a sad sigh and nodded your head, “So I guess I’m a noona then…”

You nodded your head more confidently this time, “You can just call me Jenny noona or noona since we’re going to get close anyways.”

You looked at the boys, “Okay, so you know me but I don’t know any of you…” you trailed off.

“We’ll go in age order for you then noona,” said one of the boys, “My name is Lee Kwang Hwan and I am 23 years old right now but I will be 24 years old next month.”

“Hello noona, my name is Hong Si Hwan and I am 22 years old right now but I will be turning 23 at the end of the year.”

“Now we have a huge ,” the next boy started only to be punched by his two hyungs.

You laughed, “How big is this ?”

“Close to three years for Kwang Hwan hyung and two years for Si Hwan hyung,” said the boy.

You put your hands on your waist, “Kwang Hwan, Si Hwan, feel free to continue punching him. Yah… That means I’m older than you by like 6-7 years,” you whined.

You laughed as she shook your head lightly, “Doesn’t matter, it just means I can boss you around more.”

The boys laughed.

“Anyways, hello noona, my name is Hwa Chan Ho and right now, I am 20 years old but I will be 21 years old before 2017.”

You smiled as you nodded your head.

“Hello noona, I am the maknae of the group and my name is Kim Ji Ho-”

“Kim chi?” you had a very surprised tone.

The boys cracked up laughing.

“Noona, are you hungry?” Chan Ho asked you.

“I think she just came back to Korea, she’s missing the food from home,” they joked.

You covered your face in embarrassment along with Ji Ho.

The other three boys were laughing.

“Noona! Your first impression is daebak!”

“You really did make it fun.”

“Yah! Is this how you’re going to treat me because I can go on variety shows too! I too, I too can go on variety shows.”

The boys looked at each other as they laughed.

“Noona, you’re so funny!” said Chan Ho as he walked up to you, “Noona, you’re really daebak!”

You let out a sigh of relief as you tried to get closer to the boys.