Just go!

You Are Not My Competition

 

Title: L.Joe lands leading role in SBS’s new drama, “Lifeguard, Choi Hwa Soo.”

It seems like the casting for the drama is finally done with the male lead being casted. L.Joe will be joining other idols like Infinite’s Dongwoo, ZE:A’s Kevin and Sistar’s Dasom. L.Joe’s company, T.O.P Media has released this official statement:

“We, along with L.Joe are excited for him to join this project. Acting has always been an interest of L.Joe; he is really excited to be able to be a lead.”

Filming will take place mainly in Sydney, Australia and the rest will be filmed in South Korea. The cast will be flying over to Australia in May and filming will commence straight away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------Phone call-----------

L.Joe: Hey, what’s up?
You: Nothing, I just wanted to congratulate you on landing that role in the drama before you go off to my home country tonight.
L.Joe: Well, I’m in the middle of packing my things and I’m discussing things with the guys in my group.
You: Yeah?
L.Joe: Yeah, they all want different kinds of souvenirs. Speaking of which, you want anything?
You: *laughs* No thanks. Just go meet girls over there. Some Aussie girls are amazing.
L.Joe: *laughs* Yeah, they are. What are you doing?
You: I’m about ready to go on a blind date because everyone wants me to go on a date.
L.Joe: Oh, is that so? Who organised it?
You: Dongwoon. He said I should be on the dating scene again *pause* L.Joe, I’m sorry about what happened a few days ago.
L.Joe: It’s okay, obviously Hyunseung doesn’t want us to be together and there must be a legit reason for it.
You: *scoff* I don’t think wanting to make my life horrible a legit reason.
L.Joe: Him liking you is, Jenny.
You: You might as well put us in an arranged marriage.
L.Joe: *laughs* Very funny but I have to go, I need to find my jumpers. I put them all away in a box and I don’t know where I left it.
You: Yeah, that happens when you’re travelling to the other hemisphere. Have fun in Australia!
L.Joe: Bye!

------------End of phone call------------

You put your phone into your back pocket and grabbed your bag before running outside.

“Sweety, where are you going?” your mum asked, “Did you have lunch?”

“Dongwoon is taking me out on a blind date so I think I’ll have lunch then.”

Your dad laughed, “Darling, the idea of a blind date is to not know who the person is until you meet them at the date venue.”

“No, he’s setting the blind date up. He’s just driving me there so that I can meet the guy.”

“Are you going to be back before dinner?”

“Probably, I wouldn’t miss dad’s cooking for anything, especially when he’s leaving tomorrow.”

“That’s my girl!” your dad smiled with pride.

“Well have fun on your date sweety.”

“Bye!”

You stepped out of the house and exhaled, “Let’s hope this date goes well.”

“What date?!” Gi Kwang shouted out from his balcony.

“Your hearing is amazing oppa!”

“Don’t change the subject, who is this guy?! Are you getting back together with Rirey?”

“Rirey…” you chuckled, “No! I’m going on a blind date!”

“Who organised it?!”

BEEP!

“Jenny! Let’s go!” Dongwoon shouted out from his car.

You mischievously pointed at Dongwoon.

“YAH! SON DONGWOON, WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME SISTER?” Gi Kwang shouted out.

“I’ll be back before dinner! Bye!”

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

“Come on! Let’s go! No matter type of girl she is, she NEVER wants to wait on a first date.”

I can’t believe I’m being dragged into this. I believe that I should be allowed to have decisions in MY love life.

“Alright, alright. I’m coming.”

I reluctantly grabbed my car keys and walked towards the front door.

“Seriously, I don’t understand why you’re making me do this if you’ve got your mind so set on me getting back with Jenny.”

“Well, do you want to get back with Jenny?”

“I- umm…”

“Yeah, I thought so.”

Kwang Soo hyung opened the door and dragged me outside the apartment.

“Now, let’s get you to your date.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kwang Soo hyung was driving us to the date place but seriously, I felt like the guy who is being forced into those relationships in dramas. Except for my fate might be better than theirs because I am… I think I am… ready for the dating scene.

“What’s the girl like?”

Hyung’s eyes lightened up, “Well… from what I hear from my friend, this very nice lady is 166cm tall, she has long hair but she ties it up, she’s faired skin despite coming from overseas, she likes watching procedural crime shows and she’s a total fangirl of male Korean singers.”

Seriously, he mentions all the things I don’t care about.

“No, I’m talking about her personality.”

“This girl is an optimistic person but she’s not the type to let you walk all over her. She will say something if you make her feel uncomfortable in any way but she tolerates a lot of things except for- well, her ex boyfriend. I don’t really know much about her, I’ve never met her before so I wouldn’t know.”

Great, I’m going to meet this girl without knowing who she is, what she’s like and what she into. Just great, I can see this working out.

“There’s parking space there,” I pointed out.

I guess I should make this date go to my advantage… I’ll make Jenny jealous. I know it’s a bit mean to mess with a girl’s feeling but if my life really is a drama, maybe I’ll forget Jenny and fall for the girl. Heh, that would be nice. That’s if I can get the girl to like me, pshh, what am I saying? I am Jang Hyunseung; I can get any girl I want. I’m a good looking Korean guy; girls love good looking Korean guys.

“So where are we meeting up?”

“We’re meeting up at the Coffee Prince Café,” hyung smiled from ear to ear.

“Seriously, you find any excuse to relate things to dramas don’t you?”

He might as well live in a drama…

“Now, let’s go through some things to say just in case things get awkward.”

“Sounds reasonable,” I nodded my head.

“So what will you say if she mentions anything about past relationships?”

“Two girlfriends, none of them were serious.”

“No! You say you had two girlfriends and they were serious,” hyung let out a sigh, “girls want a guy who is willing to go long term. If she didn’t want long term then she would have gone to the club.”

Is my game really that bad? Even hyung knows more about dating than I do… and he’s Kwang Soo! Han Kwang Soo!

“Okay… I will say that both were serious and that I broke up with my last girlfriend a few years ago.”

“Good, that shows you’ve moved on and ready for a new relationship.”

Ready for a new relationship?

“Just got a text from my friend, they’re almost here.”

“Great,” I said sarcastically.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~