Date Pt. 1

You Are Not My Competition

 

“I swear Dongwoon, if this guy turns out to be a stalker, I’ll kill you.”

“I think Gi Kwang hyung would beat you to it.”

“True,” you agreed, “So what’s this guy like? Any background info?”

“Um… I know he’s in the entertainment industry and he had a bad break up with his girlfriend and that’s about it.”

“Great, I can’t even think of things to say in advance.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kwang Soo nudged Hyunseung, “There’s my friend, Dongwoon. He’s my model friend.”

“Dongwoon?” Hyunseung sharply turned his head to look at Dongwoon and his eyes immediately widened.

“The girl is pretty so I guess that’s one tick,” Kwang Soo grinned.

Hyunseung stared at you as you were talking to Dongwoon.

“Hey Dongwoon!”

“Whoa, are you really that mesmerised by her?”

“Hyung! Look closer! That girl… she’s- she’s Jenny.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Dongwoon!” Kwang Soo shouted out.

You squinted to get a better look and saw Hyunseung’s eyes fixated on you.

“Oh my gosh…” Dongwoon looked at you, “Jenny…”

“I know… what are we going to do?”

“You have to go through with it. It’s fate.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We have to cancel the date.”

Kwang Soo frowned, “No. You have to go on this date. It’s fate.”

Hyunseung ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sigh.

“Just smile and wave.”

You and Dongwoon finally reached Kwang Soo and Hyunseung and everyone greeted each other awkwardly.

“Lee Jenny-sshi, you’re so pretty in real life.”

“Ahh… thank you very much… and you’re much taller in real life,” you said followed by awkward laughter.

“Um… we should get going,” Dongwoon smiled at you reassuringly.

“Yeah, bye Hyunseung! Bye Lee Jenny-sshi!” Kwang Soo laughed as he and Dongwoon walked off.

Kwang Soo and Dongwoon smiled to each other as they walked off.

“Yah, this is daebak! I didn’t even know you were friends with Hyunseung,” Dongwoon said in a surprised tone.

“I didn’t know you were friends with Jenny. Whoa! This must be fate.”

“Yeah, just like a drama!”

“Exactly! This is so exciting!”

“We should get going, we don’t want them to find an excuse and make us take them home.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Hyunseung looked at each other in an awkward atmosphere.

“This is totally not the date I wanted,” Hyunseung crossed his arms.

You let out a laugh of disbelief, “What? And you think I do?”

“Well now what? Kwang Soo hyung made me cancel all my plans.”

You rolled your eyes and shook your head.

“So what to do you want to do?” Hyunseung asked you.

“You actually want to go through with this?”

Hyunseung looked at you, “Yeah, why not?”

You let out a sigh as you crossed your arms, “Fine. I guess we could start our so called date in the café.”

“Good.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So I was just on the phone with L.Joe,” Hyunseung tried to break the awkward tension between you two.

“Yeah, I talked to him a while ago,” you answered bluntly as you took a sip of your drink.

Hyunseung let out a sigh and leaned forward on the table, “Look, maybe we should pretend that we never met.”

“It’d like to forget it.”

“You know Jenny; the bridge you burn now may be the one you have to cross later so stop denying the fact that we’re going to be crossing paths more than others.”

You hesitated for a while, “Fine. I’ll just pretend that this is the first time we’re going on a date.”

“Good.”

“Great.”

“Excellent.”

“Wonderful.”

“Spectacular.”

“Supercali-freaking awesome.”

You and Hyunseung at each other in a competitive manner before Hyunseung broke eye contact.

“I guess we should get out of the café, we both finished our coffee.”

You nodded your head, “Alrighty, let’s go.”

Hyunseung stood up before you and put his hand out, “We’ll pretend that it’s the first time we ever met each other. Promise not to think of the past?”

You looked up at Hyunseung and grabbed his hand to shake it but he pulled you up from your seat and caught you off guard. Hyunseung changed the position of his hand so that he was holding your hand.

“What the-” you looked down at your hand with your mouth open.

“Jenny-sshi, I think if we hold hands, we would get to know each other more comfortably.”

“I’m- urgh… um- yeah?”

Hyunseung smiled and lead you outside the café, still holding onto your hand.

“So Jenny-sshi, we had something to drink but haven’t had anything to eat yet. Where do you want to go?”

“I’m not hungry yet,” you replied in a mildly cold manner.

Hyunseung squeezed your hand and narrowed his eyes at you.

You rolled your eyes, gritted your teeth and smiled, “Are you forcing me to eat?”

“I am trying to be nice,” Hyunseung said through his teeth, “Jenny-sshi, why are you so cold and heartless for?”

“You’re going to regret it once I start being warm and nice,” you smiled.

“Oh, is that so?” Hyunseung asked you.

“I’m warning you…” you smiled at Hyunseung.

“It would be nice if you warm up to me.”

You smirked, “Fine then.”

You slowly began swinging your arm back and forth and Hyunseung followed along. Hyunseung blushed and covered his mouth with his hand, trying to cover his smile.

You bit your bottom lip mischievously.

“Oh! A flying bird!” you looked up.

Hyunseung followed in your direction, while he looked to the side, you quickly pulled down his arm so Hyunseung would go down a bit and you planted a kiss on Hyunseung’s cheeks.

Hyunseung seems petrified for a while but turned to you and smiled, “Ahh… you got me. All birds fly…”

“Except penguins and emus and ostriches and- well, the list goes on.”

“So do you just want to walk around the streets?”

You faked a smile and nodded your head.

“I will break your heart this time, Jang Hyunseung…” you whispered to yourself.

“Wow, skin ship on the first date. I must be one awesome guy.”

You laughed, “Yeah and I’m a queen.”

Hyunseung let go of your hand and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, “You can be my queen.”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

You can be my queen? Seriously?

You can be my queen?

What era is this that he’s using cheesy lines like that? This guy is unbelievable. Jenny, just hold it in. Just until 3pm… just until this nightmare is over.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

From this amount of skin ship, I’ll definitely get her back. She definitely wants me back.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~