=D

You Are Not My Competition

 

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

“Get up! Get up! Don’t just sit there and hum to this song! Get up and dance! Ignore the people, ignore the stares, ignore the judgement. Music is not against the law.”

Urgh… What the hell is that? Ow… my head… My head… I grabbed my hair and tried to remember what happened last night.

“The pretty boys on your screen going ‘bbuing bbuing’ got nothing on me.”

What the heck is that? It’s so loud…

I let out a moan as I picked up the pair of sunglasses on the table beside the bed and put it on.

“Hyung! Can you turn it off?!”

The song is giving me a headache… I can’t tell if it’s good or not because all I can hear is BOOM BOOM BOOM. My head… my ear… oh my gosh…

“Hyung!”

I quickly turned my head to where the sound was coming from. BIG MISTAKE. I fell forward on the bed and tried to get the world to stop spinning.

The volume dies down and I found some inner peace.

“I hope that’s a lesson for you not to drink so much next time,” I heard Jenny speaking.

Jenny? Did I just hear Jenny’s voice? My head is playing with me…

“You’re so hung over that you don’t even recognise that this isn’t even your house.”

“Apartment,” I corrected, “Aish! Why do I keep hearing Jenny’s voice? I can’t be that much in love with that piece of molten rock can I?”

There was a long silence.

“I mean, I don’t want to love her.”

I heard heavy breathing before a sudden wall of pain hit me as I got pushed to the side and fell off the bed. I let out a groan.

“What the heck?!”

“You don’t want to love me?” I looked up to see Jenny looking down at me with her arms on her waist.

She had a dumbfounded look on her face as if she wasn’t expecting that. Oh! Oh! Jenny is looking down at me. JENNY is LOOKING at me. JENNY is inside my house?

“What happened?”

I rubbed my temples and tried to remember what happened yesterday.

“Well, let me get the ball rolling, you got drunk last night.”

“And drunk dialled you…”

“Bingo.”

I was slowly able to piece a few things together.

“And you took me home.”

“Yes, because you refused to tell me your address, but yeah,” Jenny switched to a curious tone, “Do you remember everything that happened last night?”

“Um…”

--------------Flashback--------------

“No, because a piece of molten rock would lose its heat, thus making it just an igneous rock.”

“So anyways! This molten rock has a really soft inside right? Like lava. But the outside is really tough and sometimes, it’s hard to understand this molten rock.”

“Is that so?” you asked sarcastically.

“Yes! I found this molten rock by accident seven years ago and I fell in love with in because the warmth… the nice feeling that it had, melted my heart. Does that make me sound cheesy? Because cheese melts.”

“Yeah? Well, you threw the molten rock away and the molten rock doesn’t want to talk to you.”

--------------End of flashback--------------

“Well, I remember talking to you about… you.”

“Yes, anything else?”

I let out a small sigh and looked up at Jenny, “Why do you want to know?”

And then it came to me, we obviously did something she’s doesn’t want to ever be spoken of… I smiled because I got a bit side tricked.

“So like... obviously I’m in your house and I was in a bed and you seem to be asking a lot questions about last night. So like… did we- you know?”

“You-!”

Jenny kicked me and I fell back onto the hard, and should I mention tiled ground. It was hard and cold and my headache just when through the roof when the sunglasses fell off and the sunlight hit my eyes. The sunlight literally hit my eyes, like it punched my eyes. Urgh…

------------Flashback------------

There was silence while we were sitting in the car.

“I really miss my molten rock…”

Suddenly Jenny leaned over to me and kissed me, not knowing whether it was reality or a fantasy, I kissed back anyways. I mean, what’s the harm?

-------------End of flashback----------

Eh?! Jenny kissed me? She initiated a kiss on the LIPS, with me? Wait, does that mean that we’re dating now?

I stood up slowly and made my way out the room. I made it out to the hallway and it looked so different, the colour, there were more framed pictures on the wall and I tried to get a glimpse of every picture.

So this is what happened in seven years… damn that’s a long time.

“If you don’t remember, the kitchen is this way.”

I sheepishly smiled as I entered the kitchen. Jenny had her back towards me and I slowly crept up behind her and gave her a back hug. She didn’t even flinch…

“Oh, so you want to love me now?” she asked in a slightly amused tone.

This kind of confirmed what I was thinking of before which is great! I smiled to myself as I hugged Jenny tighter. The feeling was great, I never thought it could happen but it finally did and this feels amazing. To finally have Jenny in my arms without it being a dream or fantasy.

“You didn’t make it seem like I had a chance with you so I thought that it was pretty much hopeless so I was hypnotising myself into thinking that.”

“Right…”

“Yeah!” I shouted out which was such a bad idea because my head began pounding and I couldn’t even stand straight.

“Wow, that is some serious hangover. How much did you drink?”

“From what I remember, two glasses. Two soda can sized glasses.”

“And you got drunk? Oh whatever, let’s just get you to sit down before this hangover turns for the worst.”

We moved over to the living room and I sat down while she remained standing with her hands on her waist.

“So are we dating now?” I asked.

“Seriously? You’ve got a hangover and you’re thinking about that?”

“Are you busy today?”

Jenny shook her head, “No, I’ve actually been forced to rest until the last two days before H4’s debut.”

I smiled and grabbed Jenny’s hand and pulled her down to sit next to me.

“Then spend today with me,” I said as I the TV.

Jenny snuggled up next to me and smiled, “Well, I was actually going to get you to spend the next day with me.”

We were halfway through an episode of the drama that Kwang Soo hyung was talking to me about when I turned to Jenny.

“Hey, you didn’t answer my question before, besides from kissing; did we do anything else last night?”

Jenny’s eyes narrowed at me, “I’m a sixth degree black belt in Taekwondo. Do you really want to go in that direction?”

“No ma’am,” I smiled mischievously as I pulled Jenny closer towards me.

Is this even real or a drunken dream?

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~