We're Back!

You Are Not My Competition

 

You stepped out of the terminal with Dongwoon. You smiled as you looked at him.

“What?” Dongwoon looked at you with an amused look.

You shrugged, “It’s nice to be back in Seoul. We haven’t been back since freshmen year in college.”

“I know! I’ve been missing my mum’s cooking so much!”

“I know! There might be Korean restaurants in America but it’ll never beat the food at home.”

“I wonder who’s going to pick us up,” Dongwoon smiled as he walked out the gates.

“Wow, with the sunnies and the clothes, you really look like an idol.”

 “I know aye? Airport fashion,” Dongwoon laughed, “But if I don’t say so myself, you also look like an idol.”

“I am so flattered,” you laughed.

“Jenny ah!” you heard Gi Kwang shouting out. You saw all your family and friends waving signs at you.

“Dongwoon ah!” you saw Doo Joon waving his arm in the air.

“Oh wow, we got people holding signs with our names on it, we practically are idols.”

“Okay Dongwoon, whatever floats your boat.”

You looked over at Gi Kwang waved to him before running towards him, “Oppa!”

“Jenny!” Som ambushed you, closely followed by Landy.

“Oh wow! You came to see me!”

“Of course we would,” Som moved back to look at you and nodded her head, “You still look like you’re in good health.”

“Where’s Junhyung?”

“He’s busy producing an album for the new idol group in his company.”

You nodded your head.

“Jenny ah!”

“Umma!” You ran over to Gi Kwang’s mum and hugged her, “Ahh! Appa!” you hugged Gi Kwang’s dad.

“Aigoo… it’s been ages since we last saw you.”

Doo Joon and Dongwoon caught up to you and Doo Joon gave you a hug, to which Gi Kwang thought was too long.

“Okay, that’s enough, move your arms away from my sister.”

“You haven’t changed that much since I last saw you, hyung.”

“Yeah,” Doo Joon laughed lightly, “His height is still the same.” Doo Joon put his hand over Gi Kwang’s head.

“Yah!”

Som smiled as she grabbed his hand, “He’s the perfect height for me.”

You scrunched up your face, “Aigoo… let’s just go home…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Don’t make this so difficult for me, just leave him. Just leave him. He doesn’t treat you right. Leave him, for me, for me, for me, for me.”

Hyunseung smiled as he nodded head.

“They’re going good, at this rate; they’ll be able to debut next year,” said Junhyung as he smiled.

“Yeah but some of them… don’t have variety show skills yet…” said Hyunseung in a concerned tone.

“Why don’t you put them on a variety show then?”

“What? You serious?”

Junhyung nodded his head, “Yeah, why not? I creates allows them to get fans before they even debut. Maybe you should go on too! You’re lacking in variety skills too!”

Junhyung laughed as Hyunseung frowned at him, “Yah! I’ve been on variety shows, they love me!”

Junhyung scoffed, “You’re right. Because doing weird things means they’re laughing with you.”

“Yah! Do you really want to go there? That’s-”

*Be quiet, oh naljom nwayo, naege mwol won hana yo. Teoleo do meonji -*

Junhyung picked up his phone and smiled.

-------------Phone call-------------

Junhyung: Landy, what’s up?
Landy: Junnie! We’re having a party for Jenny!

Background: Yah Yong Junhyung! You better come!

Junhyung: *laughs* Arasseo, arasseo. I’ll be there. Text me the time and date, I have to get back to producing this very long album.
Landy: Okay then, bye.
Junhyung: Bye.

----------------End of phone call-----------

“Well, just so you know, Jenny’s back.”

Hyunseung shrugged his shoulders, “Is that so?”

Junhyung smiled as he nodded his head, “Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve seen her. Protecting her from guys is a hard job, especially when she’s thousands of miles away.”

Hyunseung smiled awkwardly, “It’s that hard isn’t it?”

Junhyung paused for a while, “I’m sorry man, I shouldn’t mention her around you.”

“What? Nah...” Hyunseung tried to brush it off, “I’m fine, since she’s coming home, I should fix things up with her. I didn’t even know she left for America…”

“It’s been 5 years… I think she’s moved on man.”

Hyunseung frowned, “No! I just want to clear a few things up. I’m not planning for us to get married or anything.”

Suddenly Junhyung and Hyunseung heard tapping on the window in the recording room.

“Hyung! Can we come out now?” One of trainee pouted as he looked at Hyunseung.

Hyunseung nodded his head, “Yeah, yeah. Go have your break.”

“Thank you hyung! Bye Hyunseung hyung, bye Junhyung hyung!” the boys bowed before walking off.

“Yah! Remember to come to the dance room at 4pm!” Hyunseung shouted out as the boys ran off.