7 years later, he's still into dramas...

You Are Not My Competition

 

Hey guys! Okay, so I just want to say, that Assistant Han's first name is Kwang Soo. I want you to imagine him a Lee Kwang Soo... I know I should have named in Assistant Lee... but Kwang Soo didn't pop into my head until I watched High Kick and Running Man. Assistant Han will be referred to as Kwang Soo from now on. =D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyunseung slammed the door as he walked into his apartment that he shared with Assistant Han.

“Whoa, are you okay?” Assistant Han frowned as he opened the door again to check for damages.

Hyunseung huffed, “You know who I saw today?”

“Your father?”

“Worse! I saw Jenny at the hospital today.”

“What?!” Assistant Han shouted out.

“Kwang Soo hyung, you’re killing my-”

“This is truly fate!” Kwang Soo (Assistant Han) interrupted, “You can’t not deny this relationship with her!”

Hyunseung gave him a what-the-heck? look, “Seriously, you’ve been watching WAY too many dramas.”

Kwang Soo’s eyes widened, “Really? Have I Hyunseung? Have I?”

“Urgh… yes.”

“Well, let me tell you something. When two people break up and they haven’t contacted each other for seven years and they like… coincidentally meet again. It is fate!”

“Yah aren’t you a bit too much?”

“No! How can I be too much? Have you watched ‘Writing Stories of our life’?”

“Yes,” Hyunseung rolled his eyes, “Five times… all of them with you…”

“Exactly! And what happened when Jae Ni and Ki Bum broke up and met each other online again coincidentally?”

“They ended up together…” Hyunseung said in a despondent tone.

“Exactly and why was this?”

“They still had feelings for- No! What are you trying to say?! I don’t have feelings for her!”

“Don’t lie to me, I’ve worked with your father and I worked for you. Now I’m just a friend but whatever, I can tell when you’re lying or not.”

“Really? Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m positive.”

Hyunseung looked at Kwang Soo straight in the eyes, “Han Kwang Soo is a girl.”

Kwang Soo narrowed his eyes at Hyunseung, “If I didn’t know that I was a boy, I would have totally believed you! But you should have made the name more girly like… Han Soo Jin or someth-”

“What you just said contradicted what you just said before.”

“So it might have but I know you’re meant to be with Jenny-sshi. Plus, you and Jenny have so many things in common with the characters from ‘Writing stories of our life’. Want me to name them?”

Hyunseung let out a sigh, “Let’s hear it.”

“Well, fate bought you two together, your relationship didn’t last that long, the girl is independent when the guy is dependent on others.”

“Hey! I am not.”

“Just let me continue, the guy dumped the girl, anger builds up in both parties and the second chapter of their love life begins seven years after the break up. What more do I have to say?! Hyunseung yah, its meant to be.”

“I seriously doubt that, I kind of don’t want anything to do with her anymore. She made me pay for the medical bill of a trainee that’s not even from my company!”

Kwang Soo whacked Hyunseung behind the head.

“Ow!”

“Seriously? You’re starting to get petty with her?”

“I’m not getting petty, I grew up being taught four rules of life; money was first, investments were second, clients were third and family was fourth.”

“And when have you ever followed that?”

“So?”

“So? You practically followed this, Jang Hyunseung is first, singing is second, dancing is third and rebelling against parents was fourth.”

“Thanks,” Hyunseung replied sarcastically, “I totally needed that.”

Kwang Soo let out a huge sigh and sat down on the sofa, “Fine, I’ll just let you live your life your way.”

“Thank you!”

“Let’s go eat out tonight, I don’t feel like cooking today.”

“Okay,” said Hyunseung as he joined Kwang Soo on the couch, “So what are you watching?”

Kwang Soo’s eyes lightened up, “Well… I’m watching ‘Like Father, Like Daughter’ and it’s so interesting right now! So like, Ye Won just found out that her boss that she always hated was her dad and like her dad at home is actually her step dad who married her mother after she was dumped by her real dad. So here’s the juicy part! Her HALF-brother, Il Jung and her adopted step brother, the guy who here real dad adopted, he’s Joong Soo; they both like her! And it is just one big mess.”

Hyunseung knitted his eyebrows together, “Already?! I really wanted Ye Won to end up with Il Jung… eww… that’s just gross… why do they always make rich people have like complicated family trees? Rich families are actually so strict, things like half-brothers and real fathers and fake fathers are so not possible.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Time for dinner!” Kwang Soo shouted out.

“So where are we eating?” Hyunseung asked as he picked up his bag.

“You know the restaurant near the karaoke place.”

“Hyung, do you know how many restaurants are near karaoke places in Seoul alone?”

“Right, it’s the one that I took you too last month, with the boys.”

“Yeah, I know now.”

As soon as Hyunseung opened the door, Kwang Soo looked at him with puppy eyes, “You know, can’t I just organise a meeting so you two can meet-”

“Hyung! Stop!”

“Okay, Okay, I won’t interfere with your life.”

“Thank you,” Hyunseung let out a sigh as he walked out of the apartment.

“But will behind your back,” Kwang Soo whispered to himself.

“What?” Hyunseung turned around, looking clueless.

“Nothing,” Kwang Soo shook his head, “I was just checking if I had my wallet. Can’t go to a restaurant, feeding two hungry grown men, without a wallet can we now?”