Sometimes

Fixed stars

"That smile gets creepy after a while", Yoongi tells Sungjong over dinner.

"Im happy, get over it"

"So...we want details", Kibum says.

"No, you want details", Yoongi clarifies.

"He is great...we...uhm...we had our first time on the weekend"

"First time?!", Yoongie says surprised.

". Yes, FIRST time. And it was great, he, he is very gentle and sweet with me...He...asked me to be his boyfriend and I said yes", he ends with another smile.

"What the were you all of this time?", Yoongi has no soul.

-------------

"No, really. Whats worrying you?", Kibum asks as they do the dishes, Yoongi listens as he dries them.

"Nothing Im just thinking about...you know, the paparazzi. There are pictures all over the Internet and they all are talking about...you know..."

"You havent told him?"

"I want to...I will. But also...I thhink...what if he sees....?"

"So what if he does? Let him...that has to know that you are happy and shining", Yoongi blurts.

"Also what are you worried about? If he sees and wants to get close to you, you have us", Kibum side hugs Sungjong and Yoongi hugs them from behind. Theyve been through it all and they will go through the ringer all the times necessary.

-------------

Sungjong llikes Jaejoong a lot, theres some kind of motherly quality to him that makes him feel so good when they are together. Mostly Sungjong is jealous of the family that he has, how his sons gravitate around him, how loved he is. The mother hen and all her chicks. Is not that he doesnt love the wonderful alternative family that him and his brothers have, is just that he has always needed some kind of femenine figure around him, not that Jaejoong is a female, is just that his whole aura is of hot chocolate and cudles, Sungjong likes to be close to him a lot.

They are having a great time sitting and chating at Jaehwans dance recital, Hyunchul is also there and everybody is on alert in case he pops out. Sungjong also loves the Yunho treats Jaejoong and Hyunchul, so protective and sweet at the same time, always treats  Jaejoong in such a gentle way. Changmin sits on his other side and hold his hand, is dreamy.

Outside the press surrounded them all the way till they entered, photographing their every move and shouting questions that go unanswered.

----------------

Jaehwan is a talented dancer and the show goes great. After that they all go to a restaurant. Sungjong feels a little animosity from the younger brother, it makes him think that maybe he shouldntve come to such a family affair so early. The kid doesnt really talk to him, but then again his parents are cooing and congratulating and babying him, so maybe he doesn't have time to pay attention to Sungjong right now.

-------

Jaehwan doesnt know anything about relationships but he knows the state in which his older bother was left after Qian, he also knows that he doesnt want to see him like that ever again. 

He was the one making his research and no, he doesnt trust Sungjong one bit. Its only been a month and some days so what the hell is the guy doing here as if he was already part of the family??  Are they going to get married?  He thinks this is a mistake and that Sungjong has way to many secrets for his liking. 

So he keeps a careful eye on the guy. 

---------

Jaehwan grumbles a little when, a week later, Sungjong is there to have lunch with his bother and him. "You dont mind right?", Changmin had said. He was just being polite by making it a question. 

"Hello my future cousin",  Jongkook is making a fool of himself. It seems like Sungjong finds him funny, he smiles at the teenager who is still with his school uniform. 

"Hello nice to meet you. Whats your name?" 

"My name is Kim Jongkook. Im the son of Jaejoongs younger bother", Jaehwan rolls his eyes at his cousin. 

"Im Lee Sungjong..."

"I know... The beautiful Lee Sungjong... My older cousin is a man of good taste.... Exquisite, I would say",  he crosses his legs and tries to sit closer to Sungjong who looks amuse. Jaehwan just watches. 

"Kim Jongkook,  what are you doing?",  Changmins voice echoes in the hall. "Hello darling, is he bothering you?",  he goes to kiss Sungjongs cheek.

"Of course not hyung. I was just telling Sungjong hyung that you are a lucky guy", Changmin will let it pass for now. 

----------

Changmin and Jaehwan have a very particular relationship, they are several years apart, he is like a third father to Jaehwan. Every week they have lunch together to talk about life, sometimes Myungsoo would join, sometimes their cousin Jongkook who goes to school with Jaehwan. 

Changmin has been distracted with Sungjong and has move out of his parents house back to his apartment and hasnt been able to spend time with his baby bother. He is happy that today he can share a moment with him and Sungjong. Also he kind of feels that Jaehwan is kind of ...careful(?) around Sungjong and Changmin doesnt understand why. They need to talk later.

------------------

"Is just...there are too many rumors..."

"Since when do you pay attention to those? Plus...the way I see it is this: the guy is hot as and my hyung needs some distraction from that girl. You need to trust in the fact that your brother is a grown person and that he will know how to handle this. Maybe this is all fun for him, maybe he knows more than you think, is not that he will tell you".

There are sometimes in whicj Jongkook actually makes sense, Jeahwan hopes that this is one of those.