Love in secret

Fixed stars

There are times in which Lee Sunggyu suspects that he doesnt know much about life.

Some people would always praise him for taking care of his family and admire his business skills, but he doesnt think theres any merit in that. He was desparate and crazy with grief back then, what would people expected of him? Of a person in that situation? He had two little brothers and an empire, he hadnt know what it was to starve, he was not gonna start there and then. He considers that he did waht he was suposed to, thats not a merit, he had no options.

Maybe he doesnt know much about nice things of life.

At one point, even if he was a pain in the , he used to envy Sungjong during his wild phace, all that freedom and fun, all that beautiful people surrounding him. Sunggyu thinks that if he hadnt been so bad at taking decissions Sungjong couldve have a better life, faster and trauma free. But it is what it is, the three of them had been crossed by pain and sarrow and thats something that maybe will never leave them. 

Sunggyun hadnt been someone to think about relationships or love, and lately not even in . When he was younger he remembers thinking about love and marriage, he thought that it would happen naturally, well it didnt. During college he dated some people, but his life was so different from the rest of the people his age that nobody really worked, he was too ahead, unfortunately ahead of everyone. 

Last night he had a conversation with Sungjong about Jung Myungsoo. Yeah, he is handsome, actually, very handsome, Sunggyu is not blind. But Sungjong is saying that he noticed that Myngsoo pays attention to him in a special way. Well Suggyun begs to differ. Myungsoo talked with him and told him that he wants to get himself more involved in the publicity business, which is not what his father wants him to focus on, but he knows that the Lees company started in the advertisement business and he just wants to learn. Its the same as always, people relates to Sunggyu in regards to business or money, never for something else. Thats why he felt embarresed and confused this morning when Myungsoo called to his cell to thank hism for the flowers and said: "Ive also enjoyed my time with you these past weeks". Could be that he said it as a way to thank him, but is just the tone what throws Sunggyu of. Myungsoo sounded like he was...flirting? Thats ridiculous. 

For reasons unkwon Sunggyu has made his research and found out that Myungsoo exs include european and chinese models, or athletes, or aspiring japanese actors, not business men very close to be called "middle aged". So he decides to send a message to Myungsoo because he was caught off guard by his phone call. "Im glad that you liked the present, Sungjongie thought it would be a good idea", just so that the other know that it hadnt been his idea.

--------------

Across the city, Myugsoos got the message. He sighs. He can perfectly read Sunggyu, he can see that Sunggyu is, well, not very socially bright. However he really doesnt know him personaly so he can very well think - and probably not be mistaken - that Sunggyu doesnt want to have anything to do with him.

Its a pity, Myungsoo thinks, because he really wants to get to know him better. Now Myungsoo understands the implications, Sungjong is practically part of the family so messing around with one of his brothers would be wrong. Even so, Myungsoo doesnt feel like wants to "mess around" with Lee Sunggyu. Theres something about this man that attracted Myungsoo from the first day they met, maybe it was his impresive business resume, maybe a life time of sacrifices for his family, maybe that gloomy aura...

Myungsoo thinks and can see that while Sunggyu takes care of everybody there seems to not be anybody taking care of him, its cheesy but he thinks he would like to do that, to be that person. After all its undeniable that Sunggyu is a good man, he has a clean record, definitely cleaner than Myungsoos himself. 

Anyway, if it was Sungjongs idea to send him flowers, should he call him to ask him why?

---------------------

"Hi hyung..."

"Hey Sun how are you?"

"Great thank you!"

"Im glad....Uhm, Im calling because, uhm, your brother...I mean Sunggyu hyung sent me fl, flowers", get it together. 

"Oh! Really? Did you liked them?", its funny how he is trying to cover up for Sunggyu.

"Yeah....theyre very nice, but well, Sunggyu hyung said it was your idea so Im calling to thank you". What?! Is Sunggyu stupid? Gosh. Sigh.

"Aish...You are welcome. Im sorry, my brother is...slow"

"Mmm? Slow? Why are you apologizing?", is he gonna keep on pretending?

"Ok lets be clear. I know that you like him"

"Uhmm....III"

"Dont worry Ill talk for you if you feel shy. Anyway, I know that you like him and he can of likes you too..."

"Really?"

"...Except, he doesnt know (?)", Myungsoo laughs.

"Aww, Sungjongie my brother is right when he says that you are probably the sweetest person hes ever met", if Changmin says those things about him then he is embarrasing. "That doesnt make any sense though"

"My brothers love life is almost non existent so I dont think that he knows when someone is hitting on him...I mean if you are really interested on him, unfortunately youre gonna have to work hard..er"

---------------------------

"Why on earth would tell Myyungsoo that the flowers were my idea??!!!!",  is not nice when Sungjong gets angry cause his voice is too high pitched.

"First, hello to you too. And second, its the truth, why would I want him to think that I sent them?"

"Because, wake up! You like him and you want him to think that you think of him enough to want to send him flowers....Gosh!"

"Sungjongie, Myungsoo is a very handsome young man who can have anybody he wants. Why would he choose me? Dont be childish, stop this ok? We are family now, it wouldnt be good if we add this kind of....predicaments", Sungjong is livid.

"You are being childish, he already chose you and he called me to thank me for the flower sounding very disapointed"

"Maybe you didnt hear well", this is gonna be harder than it looks.

-------------------------

So does Myungsoo want to work harder for Lee Sunggyu? He sighs. Its true and according to every asian magazine, he has dated a lot, all over the world. He doesnt regret, well he has one regret maybe: Morinaga Takeshi. Yes, the heir to the food company. They went together to the same business school for a masters programme. They dated but Myungsoo had been stupidly young and air-headed, he wasnt up to the situation, Takeshi had been more mature. It was Myungsoo who ended the relationship only to find himself going back to the memories of Mori-kun everytime he had a moment of emotional weakness.

For all accounts Takeshi was and is his type: a family man, gentle, hard worker, in love with the business world, not afraid of taking risks, not afraid of making sacrifices. Myungsoo notices that thats also the description of Lee Sunggyu isnt it? So is not fair that he is looking for another man in Sunggyu. Perhaps he should stop playing around, after all he is not even sure that Sunggyu likes him back.

-------------------------

One of Sunggyus assistents sends him an email with updates about a project that Myungsoo was participating on free lance. The papers gives credit to Myungsoo as a consultant. Sunggyu bits his lip as he opens it, Myungsoo had sent the mail to the chief of division and a copy to his assitent, its the proper chanel. Except, a few weeks ago, he wouldve recieve an email from his assitent and another one from Myungsoo with the same information and some questions or comments. Actually, a few weeks ago, he was recieving emails from Myungsoo about this subject on daily basis, some of the emails were invitations for lunch or dinner to discuss the project.

Sunggyu shakes his head in hopes of shaking off the feeling as well. During those meetings he had had the feeling that maybe Myungsoo had other intentions, he admits this to himself but he will never tell Sungjong. Now, after the flower-gate, and noticing Myungsoos abscence, he can see that he had been wrong. But he also was wright because why would a person like Jung Myungsoo, one of Asias more elegible bachelors, would set eyes on him. He sighs, its better this way: everyone and everything on their right places.