Hoseok - all along

BTS One-shot Imagines || Iridescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you, because one day you might wake up and realise that you lost the moon while counting the stars."

 

 

Your shoulders seem to weigh a tonne as you trudged to the neighbourhood playground. Planting yourself down on a swing, you let your tears flow freely as you started to swing depressingly. 

 

Within seconds, you could feel his warm hand on your shoulder. "Found you." His husky voice reached your ears, giving you instant comfort. 

 

"I can't believe he did that." You mutter, turning towards your childhood friend as he sat on the swing beside you. 

 

Hoseok scoffed, pushing himself on the swing using his feet. "Just forget about that stupid retarded  octopus. Seriously, he is a downright for breaking up with you." 

 

You chuckled bitterly at hearing the nickname Hoseok came up for your now ex-boyfriend. It was six months ago when you started dating and Hoseok had always been unpleasant around him, complaining to you how your ex-boyfriend always hugged you tight towards him like an octopus. 

 

"Would you break up with me if I were to date you?" You found yourself asking while staring at the sand beneath your feet, illuminated by the silver moonlight. 

 

You glanced over to see that Hoseok has stopped swinging. His eyes were staring directly at yours as you waited patiently for his answer.

 

"It's okay if you don't want to answer. I was just asking anyways." You muttered, directing your vision downwards, kicking the sand softly. 

 

"I won't break up with you," Hoseok said suddenly, causing you to stop kicking the sand. "I'll stick by your side, I'll cherish you. I'd want to spend so much time with you that you'll get sick of me. Leaving you would be the last thing I want to do, seriously."

 

You raised your head to meet him in the eye. "Hoseok..." You spoke softly.

 

"I'm angry. Actually no, I'm furious. Furious that he dared to hurt you, furious that I can't do much to comfort you. I'm mad at myself for always not telling you that I've always loved you all along." He continued in all seriousness.

 

A sudden feeling took over you. You felt as if someone just lit your chest and stomach on fire as his hazel pupils remained on you, unmoving. 

 

Hoseok just confessed to you.

 

"Are you certain?" You managed to speak through your dry throat. "But there's nothing to love about me..." Your voice trailed off as you bit your lip, staring down at the sand again. 

 

"God you're so wrong." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter