The Way In Which the Wind Blows [Drabble submission winning entry]

BTS One-shot Imagines || Iridescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She wished it was him;

If only it was him.

 

 

 

White and gold; pretty lights.

Wedding bells; it seemed like death is calling.

"Are you ready?"

No.

"Yes,"

 

Inhale, and exhale.

"Just a minute, someone is here to see the bride."

Footsteps. One, two.

She kept her eyes on the pristine white heels, refusing to look at who it was.

"I'll give you two some privacy. Remember, ceremony starts in five."

She nods, looking up to finally meet the eye of the visitor.

 

And gasped.

Pause; rewind.

And freeze.

"Hey,"

She knows those hazel pupils anywhere.

Him.

It's him.

"I told you not to come." The break in her voice is evident. Hoseok's eyes shifts, looking down at the white gown she is wearing.

He chuckles.

"But I want to see you in a wedding gown."

She can't stop staring. At his eyes, his smile and the second-hand tuxedo that fits him so well.

Something inside her felt like it was being scraped. It fell, landing at the bottom with a silent thud.

If only it was him.

 

"You look beautiful."

No, stop. Don't say that.

If only it was him she's marrying today.

She stayed silent, afraid of what might happen if she spoke.

"I brought something for you."

Hoseok reached into his pocket, pulling out a small and slightly squashed dandelion.

At the sight of the special flower, she couldn't help but feel the corners of her lips tugging skywards. She took it from him, admiring the fluffy white florets.

"Remember when we-" Hoseok started.

"Ran through the meadow chasing these?" They finished together. Their laughter was sweet, and their hearts were broken.

She stared into his warm, hazel pupils. She loved those pupils.

If only she could wake up to them every day.

"It's time for you to do what you taught me," Hoseok smiled, that one strand of hair falling into his eyes again. "Remember?"

She resisted to brush it away, just like how she always did when his hair fell into his eyes.

 

"Of course I do."

 

 

Early spring. It was the month of flowers and chocolates, but ironically, also the month of a family being broken.

Eleven-year-old Hoseok bawled under the scarlet oak tree in the meadow, his chubby fingers wiping violently at his red face. He hasn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter