Chapter 29

Because of You

Jieun started to unwrap the meat while Wooyoung put them on the grill provided at the back of the cabin.

They continued working in silence until Wooyoung finally got the courage to speak and wanted to end the awkwardness quickly. 

"So... Why'd you bring Thunder along? Didn't you remember what he did to you?" He turned to look at Jieun who continued working, not sparing him a glance.

"Well he changed and we've become quite good friends now. He always tells me how he regretted doing that until this day."

"Yet you believe him?"

"Why not? Hes always been trustworthy and there for me when I was lonely."

"I was there for you too!" Wooyoung suddenly shouts out, shocking Jieun and bringing back all their old memories.

"Tch. You were the one who bothered me endlessly and made my life a living hell!" 

"I got you a job."

"Cause you ruined all my other ones."

"I saved you from Thunder."

"Not quick enough."

"What about the old man that tried to you in the alley?"

"Talking about the old man. How did you find me there?" Jieun changed the topic as questions flooded her mind.

"Wha- I - he. Ahem. What i meant was......................... I went to buy something at the grocery and heard your shouts. Yeh. Thats what happened."

Jieun looked at Wooyoung wierdly because of his constant stuttering and nervous tone.

"What about when Thunder charged into my house? Im pretty sure you didn't hear my screams from inside my house with the windows and doors closed."

"Well... That.....Oh My god! The meat is burned from all the talking!" He quickly turns his back to the grill and worked with the meat, not wanting to continue on with the conversation. 

"To think you have matured. " Jieun mutters loud enough for Wooyoung to hear.

"What does this got to do with anything?"

"I thought you'd be mature enough to tell the truth once in a while. Guess i was wrong though."

"Fine! I saw him from my window. Bed window. And i followed you when you went out the day 2ne1 beat you up. You could say i was worried." 

He looked away, concentrating on the meat because of embarassment. He sounded like such a stalker. 

Jieun started to laugh out loud upon hearing what Wooyoung said. 

"Yah! Stop laughing!" He walked over to her trying to cover and stop her from laughing.

She fought back, twisting and turning so Wooyoung couldn't get his hands on her. After another few seconds, Wooyoung was finally able to put Jieun into a hug position, stopping her from being able to move.

"Y-yah. Let go of me." Jieun stuttered seeing their closeness when she looked up. Their lips were only a few centimeters away and she could feel Wooyoung's breath on her cheeks.

"Ahem." Someone coughed out awkwardly, causing the pair to throw the other away.

Taecyeon stood by the door along with the others who laughed at the scene. "Were we interupting something?" Taecyeon teases.

"Ani. Of course not. What can you possibly be interupting. Theres nothing going on. Absolutley nothing. Nothing at all." Jieun continued to ramble on while the others just stared.

"Ahahahaha. Hahaha. Haha. Ha." Jieun laughed out awkwardly then went back to unwrapping the meat, trying to avoid their gaze.

Wooyoung threw a glare at Taecyeon while Taecyeon just cracked up, his big teeth showing openly.

Tomorrow is going to be another long day of teasing for Wooyoung when they get back to the dorm.