Not Meant to Be

Because of You

Its already morning now, and Wooyoung stretches his arms out, yawning as he did so. He looked to the clock hanging on the wall, which read 10:32 am. He slowly got up, and headed towards the bathroom to wash up. Inside the bathroom, Jieun comes back into his mind, as he sees her toothbrush, towel, cup, and other necessities that layed beside his own.

He felt so weak now. He felt as if he was going back to the old him. He is letting someone else enter his heart, even thuogh he swore to himself it won't happen again. He didn't want to get hurt again. But he was still hurting now. He was the one who pushed her away, Hes his own reason for unhappiness. Tears slowly dripped down his face as he realized the fact that Jieun may never come back to him. He finally washed up, and changed into jeans and t-shirt, throwing a hoodie on top of it. He then grabs his jacket and heads out the door.

When he opens the dooor, he finds Jieun standing there. She didn't bother saying anything to him, and just stepped into his house, pushing him to the side a little bit. She took her jacet off, since it was warm inside the huose. When she took of the jacket, Wooyoung sees that Jieun is not in her yesterday clothes, but in men's clothing. Without knowing, he became agnry and annoyed at Jieun. Instead of using this perfect chance to get her to stay, he stomped out the door, banging it close, before walking to his car. As he got into his car, he questioned himself  once again. Should he get back into the house and asked Jieun to stay? Or should he just let her go, since she probably has another man now anyways. 

He looked back to his house, and saw Jieun coming out of it, with all her things, and headed back over to her house. He decided to wait some more and see what Jieun is planning to do. After waiting for about 20 minutes, he sees Jieun coming back out of her house, with a suitcase. A man approached her, helping her with the luggage. She handed it over to him, but her face said it clearly. She doesn't want to go with that man. Seeing this, Wooyoung gets out of his car, and walks over to Jieun and the man, 

Jieun.

Jieun looks to Wooyoung, but ignores him. 

Kaja, Yoseob. She walked past Wooyoung, with Yoseob right behind her. 

Wooyoung runs up to her, blocking their path. 

Jieun. I'm-

Yoseob jagiya, where should we go eat?

The man tensed up as Jieun put him into a conversation.

Eh.

Alright. Jieun, look. I know this man is no darling of yours. Did you really think we were filming a movie or some , and by using this man, you can get me to shut up?  Whether you want to listen to me or not, i would still say this. I apologize for the harsh words i threw at you yesterday, and i fully regret it. I hope you can forgive me, and come back to live with me.

Jieun looked into Wooyoung's eyes with anger. Who the do YOU think you are?? First you stomp all over me, and then next your apologizing. I don't want to forgive you, and i wont. And who are you to me to tell me who my darling is??? Did you not remember what i said yesterday?? Your as worthless to me as i am to you. You don't affect me at alll, because your just nothing.

These words pierced Wooyoung's heart, but he still doesn't plan on giving up. He crashed his lips with Jieun''s. At first she was trying to get away, adn even Yoseob was trying to stop it, but Wooyoung was stronger than both of them. Jieun soon gave in, and responded to the kiss. It was different from the other times when Wooyoung forces the kiss on her. This kiss transfered more feelings. Wooyoung slowly pried his mouth from Jieun's, and gazed into her eyes, as she did the same. 

But your not just nothing to me. I think- I think i might've fallen for you. These words were music to Jieun's ears, but she pushed Wooyoung away.

I already told you. Your worthless to me. I dont care if you love me. I won't ever fall into love again. 

Stop cheating yourself!!! I can tell from your eyes and the kiss, that you share the same feelings i do. And the kiss we shared just now. It was full of emotions. Just accept the fact that we like each other already.

Fine! I do like you. But what the does that do? Yeah, our feelings are mutual. SO WHAT? I have yoseob now, and if Tiffany showed her face in front of you, it probably means she wants to get  back together with you. Just because two people like each other doesn't mean they would end up together. Plus, you live in a different world than i do. Your in the higher classes, while i stoop to the bottom. 

How does this all of  sudden have to do with my social class? We like each other, and i-

JUST STOP. I don't want to be togehter with you alright? I don't want you in my life. Do you not get that? 

I dont get it. You just said you liked me. Why? Why don't you want to be together with me???

BECAUSE WE'RE NOT MEANT TO BE!

Wooyoung was about to counter again, but his phone rang. He looks at the caller id, and it read Hospital. 

Yobosaeyo. 

Hi. Is this Wooyoung-shi?

Deh.

Can you please rush over to the hospital? Tiffany-shi is getting quite emotional, trying to find you. 

But i-

Thank you. And the nurse ended the phone, before waiting for Wooyoung to reply. He looked back up, and failed to notice Jieun and Yoseob already got into his car while he was on the phone.

He sighed in frustration, and climbed into his own car, and sped to the hospital. I HATE MY LIFE! He kept screaming in his brain. 

Jieun and Yoseob reached Yoseob's house, and they sat quietly. Memories of yesterday came back to Jieun, as she sat there thnnking "how did she get here?"

FLASHBACK

As she was walking down an empty path, she suddenly heard a branch crack from behind her. She whipped her head around at the man, and she immediately gasped in horror. 

 

Y-Yoseob???? She stared  at the man behind her. She was frightened that she sees him. The neverending pain of her first lvoe came flooding back, and she didn't want to face him again. She began to run,but Yoseob ran after her. Since she was blindlessly running across the street, she almost got hit by a car, but she had stepped back in time, but this gave Yoseob the chance to catch her. 

Jieun. Lemme explain to you please. I beg of you. Tears were running down his face, and Jieun's outershell slowly fell and she gave in to him. They went to a park, sat down at the bench and listened to Yoseob's story.

Im really sorry about what Suzy had said to you years ago. And it wasn't exactly true. True, you were too fooloishly nice, but that just made more people like you. Guys left and right wanted to be yourr boyfriend. You were cute, pretty, smart, innocent, fun, and loving. Your the ideal type for most men, and i didn't want you to get hurt. I feel a sense of wanting to protect you. But in like a brotherly way. Whenever i see someone trying to approach you, i bring you away, and question the man another day. I ask about his background, and all information i can get. I wanted to see if they were fit for you. 

But Suzy said-

Forget what Suzy said! I never felt it troublesome to protect you. The only reason i didn't say anything when Suzy scolded you was because i didn't have enough strnegth to overcome her. I didn't want my relationship with Suzy to end. And i decided to sacrafice you insted.

Ha. Jieun gave a cold laugh. You chose to sacrafice me? SO WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING NOW? WHY THE ARE YOU HERE? Jieun punches Yoseob's chest endlessly, and he let her do it. He has felt so bad for these few years, and if it meant getting beat by Jieun would get her to listen to him, he would do it. 

After a while, Jieun finally calmed down, and her hands layed on Yoseob's chest. Yoseob took this chance to continue their talk.

I felt remorse for doing that to you. And after you left, Suzy continued to destroy my friendship with all girls. She was so possessive, i finally decided to give up on her. I need my freedom too, and i relized you were more important than some possessive .

Jieun looked at Yoseob in semi-shock. She had never heard Yoseob curse,and for it to be meant towrds the reason she left him, it was even stranger. 

I really hope you can forgive me. 

Lemme think about it. 

Why don't you sleep over at my house? He suddenly included, to break the silence.

Why would i do that? Jieun was still weary of Yoseob,and didn't fully trust his story yet. 

Because i knwo you have nowhere else to go.

How would you know?

Truth be told, i was actually watching you for quite a while. After my breakup with Suzy, i found you, and i knew you were still mad at me, so i decided to just watch over you. I saw how Thunder barged into your house, and when i was about to save you, I see Wooyoung run out of his house and over to your place. He broke the door down effortlessly, and in no time, Thunder came running out of your house with a bruised face. I know Wooyoung had saved you, so i still hid. I also saw Thunder hiding behind some garbage, as he watched you almost get by the man in the alley. Again, i was going to help you. But Wooyoung beat me to it again. He had actually followed you that day. I've seen him look at your house through his window. That day when you came out of your house, he followed right behind. Im surprised you never noticed. He's as protective of you as i am. But hes not protecting you in the brotherly way like i am. I can tell he loves you. But he won't admit it to himself.

You must be pretty blind, if thats the assumption you came up with from watching me all the time. We hate each other's guts. He would never fall for me. Just say today for example, he cried because he saw Tiffany again. I had never seen him cry. The tear meant that Tiffany was still important to him. And when i tried to comfort him, he acted like a jackass. He was about to say im worthless to him, but i slapped him, before he could finish. 

Yeh i know. I witnessed that too. And for now, i don't think you should be near Wooyoung. I've noticed that girl also followed the both of you. You guys are pretty popular huh? Everyone seems to be following you guys. He gave a light chuckle, trying to ease the atmosphere alil.

Its pretty creepy to find out all these people are actually watching you. And, Yoseobbieee. Im tired. Carrry me please. She looked at him in the most chilidish way, and it made Yoseob chuckle louder, 

Your such a big baby. Just the saem old you back then.

I changed you know. She said as she got onto his back.

I know that too. You created a cold outer shell, and isolated yourself from everyone. I have that to blame. 

Its alright. Stop blaming yuorself. I guess it was really Suzy's fault since she was so possessive. She layed her head down on his shoulder, as he gently walked her back to his house. When they stepped into his house, Yoseob woke Jieun up, gave her a change of clothes, and sent her to sleep on his bed, while he slept in the living room. They woke up to the arousing smell of pancakes, and when Jieun came down the stairs to get to the kitched, Yoseob's mom was surprised to see her.

OMO. Jieun-shi. I hadn't seen you in so long. How have you been darling? Back when Yoseob and Jieun were still besties, she came over to his huose almost everyday. Knowing her environment, Yoseob's mother treated Jieun like her own daughter. 

They ate in loudness. Jieun for once felt the same family warmth again after almost four years. It led her to drop tears of joy, shocking Yoseob and his mother. When she told them it was because she was too happy, they gave her a heart warming smile, and got into a group hug. After they were done eating, Yoseob offered to take Jieun to her hsuoe to get change of clothes. Being the lazy girl she is, Jieun didn't change back into her own clothes, and just went in Yoseob's clothes. 

FLASHBACK END

Yoseob, rwanting to break the silence, questionde Jieun more.

Jieun, Why didn't you accept his feelings? Your feelings are mutual. And i told you. I knew he liked you.

But he has Tiffany now. When we passed by him while he was talking ont the phone, i heard the person say Tiffany. He ended up not following us, even though he has a car. He chose Tiffany over me.

Jieun. I think you should give both of you a chance. And he probably didn't chase after you because its important. I heard how he tried to reject the conversation, but the person ended the call before he could say anything. Go talk it out with him Jieun. Or im sure you'll regret it.

But-Yoseob

Can't you call me oppa instead? He gave his childish pout, making Jieun laugh.

Fine, Yoseob OPPA- emphasising oppa, causing Yoseob to join the laugh. I dont know how to talk it out with him. There's always something that sparked annoyance in one of us, and we end up bickering.

Uusally the people who bicker most, are the people who last forever. And did you think i didn't notice you looking all sorrowfully as you handed me your suitcase? I feel so hurt! He put his ahdns on his heart, and pretend to wipe a tear away. I didn't think i was that bad. Huhuhuhuhu. He blew into a tissue, causing Jieun to erupt into laughter, and he joined right after. The atmostphere got more comfortable as the two began talking some more. Yoseob finally convinces Jieun to talk in a better manner, the next time Wooyoung tries to talk it out with her.