Coffee Cup

I Like You A Latte

Coffee Cup

 

{Jian's POV}
I rolled over and was woken up by hitting the floor. "Omo. Where am I..." I stuttered as I sat up and rubbed my head. I looked around but the room was in darkness. "Where am I..?" I said confused as I stood up. I looked around and found a small light coming from what looked like underneath a door. I followed the small source of light, "Ah!" I cried out as my knee hit something. I whined and tried to walk around what I had crashed into when the door opened and light shone into the room.
"Are you okay?" I heard someone ask me. I looked up to find Jihun stood in the doorway. I quickly looked around to see where I was, Jihun's office. Why am I here!

 

"Omo! You're bleeding." Jihun cried out. I looked down to see a large cut across my knee where I had bumped into a table edge. 
"Ah. It's fine. It doesn't hurt. Oh! Look at the time. I need to go." I quickly rambled awkwardly as I went to dash off but the pain in my knee grew with the slightest movement and I grimaced. 
"It doesn't look like it!" Jihun said as he the lights of the office. "Wait here." He told me as he sat me back down on the sofa and quickly disappeared. I sighed and looked around. Should I leave? Should I escape why he isn't looking? I stood up, trying to bear the pain in my knee. I quickly hobbled out of Jihun's office and looked both ways before quickly sneaking out.

 

I reached the front doors of the coffee bar and tapped in the passcode to open the doors. "Where are you going?" Jihun called out to me. I paused and grimaced. Ah. I've been caught. I turned around with a guilty look on my face. "I told you to wait there. You're in pain!" Jihun shouted to me. I looked down at the floor as he made his way over to me. "Why do you want to run away? Are you hiding something from me?" He asked me. I shook my head but then froze. My book. I was reading my book. "Let me just sort out your knee." He told me. I shook my head and barged past him. I quickly hobbled to the other side of the coffee bar and looked on the floor.

Nothing.

 

"What are you looking for?" Jihun asked me as he leant over the coffee bar. I looked up and jumped. 
"Uh. Uh. My earring. My earring." I stuttered. He nodded and held up the first aid box.
"I'll help you look for it afterwards. Let me sort out your knee first. Or I'll have no choice but to pick you up and take you back to the sofa" Jihun told me. I sighed and nodded to him as I stood up. He smiled and wandered through to his office as I followed him slowly. He pointed to the sofa and I sat down as he crouched down in front of me. "You're always hurting yourself" Jihun said as he began sorting out the cut on my knee.

 

"Why were you working so late?" Jihun asked me.
"It was my turn to clean up." I told him.
"I know but this late?!" He cried out as he pointed to the clock which read 1am. 
"It was only 10... omo! I slept for 3 hours!" I whined. I looked at Jihun as he smirked. "But... why are you here? You must have been working too?" I asked him as I frowned.
He nodded, "I was working and then I found you sleeping." He told me bluntly. I looked away awkwardly and whined quietly. "There all done." He said as he finished putting the bandage around my knee. 
"Thank you!" I quickly said as I dashed off.

 

I went straight to my locker and unlocked it. I pulled open the door to find my book laid in my locker under my jacket. I sighed with relief. I must have put it back in my locker before I fell to sleep. Phew, my secret was still safe. No one, apart from Youjin, had found out yet. "Did you find it?" I heard Jihun say behind me. I quickly grabbed my bag and my jacket before slamming my locker door shut quickly. 
"Uh. Yes! I found it!" I told him as I turned around and smiled. He nodded his head. "Uhm. Good night!" I quickly said as I rushed past him and quickly out the front doors.

 

I reached outside of the building and crouched down. I whined to myself. Why is it so awkward?! Why! Why! Why! I touched my ears and whined louder. "I don't even have my ears pierced!" I whined loudly to myself.
"Uh. Jian." Jihun stuttered behind me as he coughed awkwardly. I quickly jumped up and grimaced at the pain in my knee. "Are you ok? Why were you..." He stuttered before I cut him off.
"Ah! I'm fine! Totally fine! I'm going-" I quickly rambled.
"I'll take you home. It's late. Very late..." He interrupted me as he smiled. I just nodded quietly and followed him to his car.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
I sighed deepily as I put a tray of dirty cups and mugs on the side by the sink. "Noona! What's wrong?" Heejun asked me with a grin.
I smiled and shook my head, "Nothing. Nothing." I told him.
"Is it something to do with..." He asked me. "Boss?" He finished off his sentence but lowering his voice slightly. I frowned at him and shook my head. "Are you sure? I've seen him a couple of times watching you today? Haven't you noticed? He stood for a while and watched you?" Heejun whispered to me. I glanced at Jihun's office door which was shut and shrugged.
"I've been busy, I didn't notice. He's probably just making sure I don't do anymore mistakes." I told Heejun.
He smiled to me and held up his thumbs, "Cheer up Noona!" He said happily before running away.

 

{Jihun's POV}
I sat at my desk on my computer. 'Symptoms of amnesia... definition of amnesia...' I sighed as I clicked on different websites and read through the information. I glanced to my side and looked at the calendar. "Oh! Next week!" I said surprised as I saw the note on my calendar. I had to do an inspection at the farm where we receive our coffee beans from and make sure everything is running smoothly. I quickly jumped out of my chair and walked towards my door. I opened the door and stood in the doorway. "Kim Jian. Can I have a word?" I called out. Jian turned around and pointed to herself. I nodded and she nodded back to me.

 

I walked back in my office and sat down in my chair followed by Jian. "Have a seat." I told her as I pointed to the chair in front of me. She bowed her head and quickly sat down in front of me.
"Is... is there something wrong?" She stuttered awkwardly.
I shook my head, "I have to go to the farm where our coffee beans come from and I need you to come with me." I told her.
"Me?!" She said surprised as she frowned slightly. I nodded to her and she stayed quiet. "Yes. I will come." She told me. I smiled to her.
"Ok. You can go. I'll pick you up from your house next week." I told her. She nodded to me and bowed her head before disappearing out of my office and shutting the door behind her.

 

I leant back in my chair and sighed deepily. Did I sound weird? I sighed again before leaning forward and pressing my head on the desk. Does she think I'm strange? Why would I need help? All I'm doing is looking around and talking to the owners. Aish! Suddenly, someone knocked on my door. I quickly pulled myself up and sat up straight before they walked in. "When we go to the farm next week, do you need help with something in particular?" Jian asked me as she popped her head around the door.
"Uh." I stuttered. "I'm not sure. I might need help. So I want you to come with me, uh. Just in case I need help..." I stuttered. She nodded and smiled to me. I smiled to her awkwardly and she disappeared, shutting my door again.

 

"Aish!~" I sobbed again as I collapsed backwards in my chair. She knows. She knows something is strange. I bet my father used to go alone when he had to do this, but I'm asking her to come with me. "Ah~ should I tell her she doesn't have to come?" I asked myself as I sighed. No no. I can't. She has come with me. She's clumsy, what if something happens when I'm away. It's better that she comes with me, and what if she makes a mistake. I'm not here to stop her. I sat forward and smiled as I tapped on my computer keyboard. "Yes. Kim Jihun. You've made the right decision." I said to myself as I continued with my work.