Barley Tea

I Like You A Latte

Barley Tea

 

{Jian's POV}
I was stood behind the coffee bar when I noticed a tall guy with light brown hair wander in. He looked around then looked at me and smiled. I bowed my head to him and he bowed his head back. He came and sat on one of the stools opposite me and smiled happily. I continued with what I was doing but took glances at him to find him watching me. "Can I help you? What would you like?" I asked him. He shook his head and looked at me as he was in a daze. He face dropped and he began whining.
"You don't recognise me!" He cried out as he pouted. I stuttered and he dropped his head onto the side of the bar as he whined. I stood frozen as I looked at him. I thought back to the board I had in my bedroom. But I couldn't see his face. He wasn't on it. So who was he?

 

"I'm really sorry, I have a bad memory" I apologised to him as I bowed my head. He looked up at me with a sad face and sighed.
"I'm Inseong. Jeong Inseong. We did our barista training together." He introduced himself. I nodded to him and he smiled. "We were friends, we helped each other. After we graduated, I travelled to Europe to work abroad." He explained to me.
I smiled to him, "I'm sorry Inseong, it's been a while." I told him. He nodded and smiled to me.
"Don't worry. I understand. I'm back in Korea now, so we can catch up!" He said happily. I grinned and nodded as he held his hand up. I cautiously high fived his hand and he chuckled.

 

{Jihun's POV}
I came out of my office quietly and noticed Jian chatting and laughing with a guy who was sat on a stool the other side of the bar. I frowned and made my way over to Jian quietly. I stood by the side of her and she was busy talking to the guy opposite her that she hadn't even seen me. "Kim Jian, are you working or chatting?" I whispered in her ear. She jumped and her eyes widened as she glared at me. I glanced across at the guy and he looked at me emotionless before looking back at Jian.
"What would you like?" Jian asked the guy.
"Hm~ barley tea please" He told her with a smile. She smiled and nodded to her. She began making his tea and I wandered away slowly.

 

"Who's that guy? He seems nosey" The guy said to Jian as he chuckled afterwards. I wandered around the bar and behind him without him realising.
"I'm her boss." I whispered in his ear. He cried out and held his heart to calm down from being scared by me. I walked away quickly towards my office with a smirk on my face. I stood in the doorway of my office as Jian served the barley tea and began chatting with him again.
"I work in a small cafe not far from here. You should visit me sometime, I'll make you some coffee" The guy said to Jian as he smiled. Jian nodded and my eyes widened. She just accepted that guy's offer?! Does she know him?!

 

"Kim Jian." I called out to her. They stopped talking and she turned her head towards me. I looked around and quickly grabbed the sweeping brush which was leant against the wall beside me. I held it up and she sighed before walking towards me with heavy feet and grabbing the brush from me. She wandered away to begin sweeping and I walked over to the bar as I began making myself some coffee. I glanced up at the guy who was busy drinking his tea and looking down at his phone.
"So you work in a cafe?" I asked out loud and he looked up at me. He nodded and I raised my eyebrows.
"I'm a barista." He told me with a smile.
"Ah I see. You know Jian?" I asked him.
He nodded again, "We trained together." He said happily as I sighed quietly and turned my head to pout secretly.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
I sat on my bedroom floor as I pulled out my box of photo albums in front of me from the bottom of my book shelf. I took off the lid and scanned the spines of the photo albums. "Ah ha!" I cried out excitedly as I found the photo album from my barista training. I held it tightly as I stood up and clambered on to my bed. I laid on my front and opened the album up in front of me. I looked through a couple of photos as I turned the pages. As I turned the page, I found a series of photos of Inseong and I. I smiled as I saw the funny captions written beside each of the photos and the flashbacks began rushing back to my head of the moments in the photo.

 

{Flashback - Jian's POV}
"Lovers shot! Lovers shot! Lovers shot!" Everyone chanted repeatedly as Inseong and I held our cups of coffee.
"With coffee?!" I cried out as I scoffed. Inseong wrapped his arm around my arm so we were in a 'lovers shot' position.
"Marry me Kim Jian." He said seriously before bursting out laughing.
"You wish. Come find me when you can make better coffee" I told him sarcastically with a smirk on my face.
"What?! I find that offensive. Did you see me collect my certificate. I'm a certified barista now. But did you mean it?" He asked me as he winked to me.
"Of course not. Pabo!" I laughed as I flicked him in the forehead lightly with my other hand whilst he whined loudly.

 

{Now: Jian's POV}
I was busy looking through the photo album when my phone beeped loudly which made me jump. I took it from the side of me and held it in front of me above the photo album.
'What is Kim Jian doing tomorrow~' - Jihun.
'Kim Jian is a busy beeeee!' - Jian.
'Eh? What are you doing?' - Jihun.
'I'm going to see an old friend at the cafe he works at.' - Jian.
'Oh? That guy who came earlier?' - Jihun.
'Yes. Your father trained us both.' - Jian.
'Oh I see. Have fun!' - Jihun. I frowned at his last text. Hm~ Kim Jihun, what else are you thinking..?

 


 

{Jian's POV}
"Wel- oh Jian!" Inseong cried out excitedly as he looked up at me when I entered the cafe. I waved to him and he waved back with a grin on his face. He patted the stool beside him behind the front desk. I smiled and made my way over. I sat down on the stool and he returned back behind the front counter. "What would you like?" He asked with a smile on my face. I looked up at the board on the wall and my eyes wandered around it for a couple of seconds.
"Chocolate frappe please!" I said happily. He nodded to me as he began making my drink. Inseong soon came back with my drink and he waited for my reaction. I sipped some and held my thumbs up.

 

"Woah!~ that's so good!" I cried out as my eyes widened. He laughed and clapped his hands as he pulled up a stool and sat down opposite me. I stopped drinking and looked back across at him. "I was looking through my photo albums and I found some photos of our barista training class." I told him.
"Oh! Really! You should have brought them!" He cried out. I smirked as I reached into my bag and pulled out some of the photos. I put them on the desk and he grinned happily. He took the photos and looked at them as he started laughing.
"Omo! Look at my hair!" He whined as I started laughing with him.

 

Our laughs were cut off by the bell on the door ringing. "Wel- oh! Oh." Inseong said surprised as he jumped up. I frowned and turned around on my stool to find Jihun wandering in. He smiled and waved as he walked across and sat on the stool beside me. I looked across at him and frowned as he greeted to me.
"Ah~ your name is Inseong." Jihun said as he saw Inseong's name badge. Inseong bowed his head and smiled as Jihun did the same. 
"Are you here to see the competition since we both do coffee?" Inseong joked which made me smirk. Jihun saw me smirk and I quickly went straight faced.
"Nope I'm not here for that, I'm here to see my girlfriend." Jihun said as he chuckled afterwards.

 

My eyes widened as I looked across at him and he was smiling proudly. I looked back at Inseong. He looked at us both repeatedly then his eyes widened. "Omo. You're dating?!" He cried out. Jihun nodded with a big smile on his face. An awkward smile grew on Inseong's face. "Ah I see." He stuttered. Jihun smiled and reached across for my drink. He took a couple of sips before resting it back down. I frowned at him for stealing my drink and he smirked.
"Did you make that? Woah. It's really good!" He cried out to Inseong. I nudged his side and he looked at me.
"Stop being sarcastic." I whispered to him.
"I'm not! It's honestly really good!" He whined quietly. I glared at him and he winked before we all began talking again.

 

{Jihun's POV}
"Bye Inseong! Thank you for the coffee!" Jian called out as she waved. I opened the door for her and she wandered out. I looked back at Inseong and waved to him as he waved back.
"Thank you Inseong." I shouted to him and he nodded before I walked out the door. Jian and I began walking down the street beside each other. I took Jian's hand in mine and held it tightly. 
"I didn't think you asking me where I was going last night meant you were going to come as well." Jian sighed. 
I looked across at her and scoffed, "Of course I was. I can't have guys hitting on my girl can I?" I told her as I winked and she began laughing.