Coffee Beans

I Like You A Latte

Coffee Beans

 

{Jihun's POV}
I stood outside Jian's apartment building leaning against my car facing the entrance. I looked around and then back at the door to see Jian wandering out. I smiled to her awkwardly and she smiled back. "Good morning" She said to me as she walked around the car to the passengers side.
"Good morning" I said happily as I got back into the driver's seat. "Coffee?" I asked her as I pointed to the coffee cup nearest to her in the middle in front of the gear stick. She looked down and picked it up. We both clicked our seatbelts in before I started the car and began to drive down the road.

 

"Thank you. Did you make it or buy it?" She asked me as I scoffed.
"Try it and you tell me." I told her. She took a sip before placing it back in the holder. 
"You made it." She said. I looked at her and smirked.
"Wow~ I'm honoured that you know the taste of my coffee" I said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes but smirked.
"Just drive. Quietly." She mumbled as she rested her head back.
"Wow~ there you go again. Talking to your boss like that." I sighed and she scoffed and closed her eyes. I continued driving and eventually got onto the motorway out of the city. I glanced across at her and she had opened her eyes, watching the road ahead of her whilst drinking the coffee.

 

"So you were trained by my father?" I asked Jian as I became bored. She looked across at me because of the sudden question and nodded. 
"Yes. He trained me and then gave me a job at the coffee bar afterwards." She told me happily as she smiled. 
"Ah~ it's a shame you couldn't say goodbye to him because of your accident. He lives with my mother in Jeju now retired. Maybe I can take you to see him some day." I said to her. She looked across at me and a smile grew on her face.
"That would be nice." She told me as I looked across at her and smiled.

 

"Was your accident really bad? I'm sorry if you don't want to talk about it. No one told me what happened." I asked her.
She sighed and her face dropped, "I was walking under a construction frame. You know those ones attached to the side of buildings?" I nodded and she sighed again, "A plank of wood above me wasn't secured properly and it swung down and knocked me unconscious." She explained to me. My eyes widened. Wait. That means what Seungjun said might be right. If the wood hit her head and knocked her unconscious, it could have led to amnesia.
"I had no idea.. did you sue the building company?" I asked her and she nodded.

 

"Jihun, did you tell me to come on this trip just to ask me questions?" She whined to me. I looked across at her and shook my head. I looked back at the road and sighed.
"I'm sorry. I just wanted to know what happened. It must have been awful for you." I told her as I gave her a reassuring smile. She just nodded to me quietly and rested her head back in her chair. I exited the motorway and I was soon driving through the country roads, following the navigation system to the coffee bean farm.
"Have you ever been to a coffee bean farm?" I asked her. "Oh. I'm sorry. Question." I stuttered awkwardly.
She chuckled and shook her head, "I haven't been to one." She told me.

 

'You have reached your destination' the navigation system called out as I drove into wooden gates. Jian began looking around and I could see she was becoming more excited. I stopped the car in front of a large house as we both jumped out. Jian swung her backpack on to her back as I took a folder of documents out with me. "Ah~ Mr Kim!" We heard call out loudly. We turned around to find an old man wandering towards as we both bowed to him.
"Hello Mr Lee. My name is Kim Jihun." I said to him politely. 
A smile grew on his face as he reached us, "You look like your father." He said happily. I smiled to him and bowed my head. He looked to the side at Jian and she bowed her head. "Is this your wife? She is very pretty." He said with a grin.
"Oh no no no!" We both shouted out at the same time.

 

"Hello. My name is Kim Jian. I am a barista at the coffee bar." Jian quickly introduced herself before sighing quietly with relief. I looked across at her and smirked. 
"Your names sound very similar. Follow me, my wife is working around the back." Mr Lee said happily as he turned around and began leading us towards the fields around the back of the house.
"Is it that bad being my wife" I whispered in Jian's ear quietly as we followed Mr Lee. She looked up at me and glared as we walked silently, following Mr Lee. As we reached around the back. An old lady stood up and looked at us happily.
"Omo! Jihun! Haven't you grown?!" She called out excitedly as she quickly made her way towards us.

 

We both bowed to her and she walked towards me quickly and cupped my cheeks in her hands. "Omo! You have grown so much! Your father used to bring you when he came and you were only tiny!" She cried out in amazement. But then she looked across at Jian and paused. Jian bowed her head and smiled to her.
"Omo! Is this your wife?! You are so pretty! You should quickly make children! They would be beautiful!" She cried out excitedly.
"Yeobo!" Mr Lee whined as he glared at her to warn her.
"Ah~ no no. We are not married. She is one of my baristas, Kim Jian." I quickly explained to her.
"Oh. That's a shame." She sighed as she pouted slightly. I chuckled and Jian smiled awkwardly.

 

"Jian, I'll show you around whilst my husband and Jihun can sign the paperwork. You will love it!" Mrs Lee said happily to Jihun. I looked across at Jian and she looked at me. I smiled and nodded to her as she wandered away with Mrs Lee. I turned back to Mr Lee and he smiled as he led me back to the house. We signed the paperwork and Mr Lee looked across at me. 
"That girl. She's special to you isn't she?" He asked me.
My eyes widened and I smirked, "No no. She's just one of my best workers." I told him as I shook my hands.
"Hm. Ok. But I've seen the way you look at her." He said with a smirk on his face as I followed him back outside.

 


 

{Jihun's POV}

"Jihun!" I heard Jian call out. I swung around and saw her running up to me with a big grin on her face. A smile grew on my face automatically and she stopped as she met up with me. She held up a small cloth bag which was tied with a piece of string. My eyes widened as I looked down at the bag. 

"Oh! What have you got?!" I asked her with a smirk.
"Mrs Lee gave me some coffee beans!" She said excitedly. Mrs Lee wandered up behind Jian and smiled happily. 
"She was very excited. She tells me it's her first time at a coffee bean farm. Jian, why don't you take Jihun round? We'll prepare some snacks for your journey home" Mrs Lee said happily. Jian nodded and quickly pulled me along before I had a chance to refuse.

 

We wandered around the farm together and Jian was rambling away telling me everything she had learnt from Mrs Lee, showing me and pointing to things. But all I was focused on was her. I smiled as I saw how happy she was. She must have been in a lot of difficulty since she had returned back to work after her accident, and now was a chance for her to learn something new and relax. She probably wasn't thinking about anything which had happened now and she was just enjoying herself as she was excited and amazed. "Jihun?" I heard her call. I quickly snapped out of my daze and smiled to her as she continued talking.

 

{Jian's POV}
I was handed a couple of small plastic boxes all placed on top of each other and tied up by a ribbon by Mrs Lee. "Thank you" Jihun and I both said as we bowed our heads to Mr and Mrs Lee. They smiled to us and nodded their heads.
"If there are any problems, just call." Mr Lee told Jihun as Jihun held up the paperwork and thanked him. 
"Enjoy the snacks and the coffee beans." Mrs Lee told me. I grinned to her happily and thanked her. We bowed to them again before walking up to Jihun's car. We both got in and the windows came down at the sides of us automatically.
"We will see you again! Next time, you'll both have a ring. I know it." Mrs Lee called out to us happily. We both laughed as we waved goodbye to the both of them.

 

"Wait. Does she mean... a wedding ring?!" I stuttered to Jihun as I was shocked and held my head in my hands, shaking my head repeatedly. He looked across at me and began laughing. 
"Of course, what did you think she meant?" He said sarcastically.
"Alright then Mr Sarcastic" I grumbled and I crossed my arms. Jihun sniggered as he continued driving down the road.
"You can make me some coffee from those beans." Jihun said as he pointed down towards the bag I was holding. I pulled a face at him and shook my head as he scoffed.
"Then at least give me one of the snacks." He asked me. I pulled the lid off the first box which was pieces of kimbap. 
"You want me to feed you?!" I asked him shocked.
He rolled his eyes, "Of course. I'm driving!" He cried out. I took a piece of kimbap out awkwardly.

 

"I'm not going to bite your finger. I'm hungry!~" He whined as he pouted. I fed him it quickly and he began eating as he grinned. He held his thumb up and I ate a piece myself. My eyes widened and he looked across at me as he sniggered. 
"Omo. That's so good." I said happily as I ate another piece. I glanced at him and he had his mouth wide open for me to feed him again. I fed him another piece and he smiled to me.
"You seemed really offended when they thought we were married. What's wrong with me?!" Jihun whined. 
"Nothing! There's nothing wrong with you." I sighed.
"So you like me?!" He said as he smirked.
"No! You're twisting my words!" I grumbled.

 

"Did you have a good day today?" Jihun asked me as he pulled into the street of my apartment building and stopped outside. He looked across at me and I nodded. 
"I did. Thank you for letting me come. I'll leave you with the boxes, there's some still left." I told him happily as I got out of his car and left the boxes on the seat. He nodded to me and I walked on to the pavement. 
"Enjoy your coffee beans!" He called out to me. I smirked and waved the small bag in the air as I grinned. "Thank you for coming with me today." He said happily. I nodded to him and bowed my head as he drove away.