Macchiato

I Like You A Latte

Macchiato

 

{Jihun's POV}
I wandered up towards the door of the spare bedroom. I knocked on the door a couple of times before pushing the door open slightly. "I brought you some clothes to sleep in and a clean dressing so you can change the dressing on your arm." I told Jian as I stood in the doorway. She quickly jumped up and rushed over to me. She took the folded clothes out of my arms and the clean dressing from my hand. 
"Thank you" She said as she bowed her head. I smirked and nodded to her. She wandered back and placed the clothes and dressing on the bed. She turned around and jumped as she still found me stood there. She stuttered and frowned at me.

 

"Ji... hun...?" She stuttered as her face filled with confusion.
"Jian, you're not hiding anything from me, right?" I asked her.
She frowned and shook her head, "Not that I know of..." 
"Ok. Goodnight." I said to her as I smiled and disappeared out of the doorway. I wandered down the corridor towards my bedroom. She was definitely hiding something from me. I just needed to find out what it was. I could go through Youjin, but he's unlikely to tell me and Jian would find out. So I will find out on my own. Kim Jian, whatever you are hiding. I will find it out. Just you wait. I reached my room and collapsed backwards on to my bed.

 

I reached for my bedside table and pulled open the top drawer. I managed to find the letter from my father and pulled it out towards me. I opened the envelope and unfolded the letter. I held it up high above me so I was able to read it. The two sentences which my father wrote at the end, the two sentences which repeated in my head every day, the two sentences which my father made sure I would always remember.

"Jihun-ah, protect my coffee bar and protect Kim Jian." I sighed deepily and dropped the letter down beside me. I promised my father I would do this two things without reading the letter. But why? Why Kim Jian? I know Jian had trained under my father and worked at the coffee bar since she had trained. Is Jian someone significant to my father? Is she related to us? No no. My father would have told me if she was or not... would he?

 

{Jian's POV}
I wandered out of the bathroom back into the bedroom in a top and jogging bottoms. I looked down and sighed as I couldn't walk properly. I managed to make it to the edge of the bed and sit down before I fell over. I rolled up the bottoms of the jogging bottoms before scoffing. "Why is he so tall!" I whined quietly as I smirked. I looked around the room. It was a minimalist room, like the rest of his house. The bed sheets were patterned black and white triangles and all the furniture was a shiny black. The only splash of colour in the room came from the three canvas of different coloured mugs of coffee - one blue, one orange and one yellow.

 

I pulled the bed sheets back and sat in the bed as I pulled the sheets back over me. I hugged my knees. I really could have drank some alcohol today. I needed some. But I can't with my medication. I sighed to myself. If I drank alcohol, I could have just walked home and I wouldn't be here. I looked around as I sighed again. But then something crossed my mind. Jihun. Why was he acting so nice? Not letting me walk home alone because it's late. Maybe it's just a chivalrous thing to do. But giving me spare clothes and making sure I could change my dressing... why was he so nice to me?

 


 

{Jian's POV}
After waking up, I wandered out of the spare bedroom and followed the smell of coffee. Macchiato to be exact. I turned the corner to find Jihun with his back to me, stood in front of a coffee machine. "Good morning." He called out to me. I jumped and sat down on one of the stools behind a kitchen counter. I didn't even realise he had heard me.
"Good morning." I said to him as he turned around. I looked across at him and he placed a mug in front of me. He sat down on the stool opposite me with a mug in front of him.
"You're lucky to be getting coffee made by me." He said sarcastically.
"How's the hangover?" I asked him sarcastically back. He glared at me and sighed as he raised his mug to his mouth.

 

"How's the coffee?" He asked me as I put the mug back down after taking a sip. I looked up and him and sighed.
"It could be better. Average? 7/10?" I told him.
He scoffed and smirked, "That means it was nice then." 
"Not my favourite." I said under my breath, just enough so he could hear me. 
"Then whose is your favourite?" He asked me as he raised an eyebrow.
"My own of course" I said as I smirked. 
"Oh wow." He scoffed as he rolled his eyes.
"You can't talk. Mr 'you're lucky to be getting coffee made by me" I grumbled back to him.

 

"Oh I'm sorry Mrs 'The coffee I make is my favourite." He moaned by to me. We both looked up at each other silently as we held our mugs to our mouths and smirked underneath them. Then we both started laughing and continued drinking our coffees.
"I'll make us breakfast and then I'll drive you home." Jihun said as he stood up and began pulling ingredients out of the fridge.
"Ok. Thank you." I told him as I finished the coffee. I lied. His coffee was one of the best I had tasted, like his fathers. It was deep, rich and creamy. Exactly how I like my coffee.

 

{3rd Person}
Jian and Jihun sat opposite each other eating the breakfast which Jihun had made for them both. Every so often, they stole small glances at each other; Jian's was awkwardly, wondering why Jihun was acting nice, wondering if Youjin had told him, thinking how awkward it is to eat breakfast with her Boss; whereas Jihun's was curiously, wondering what kind of person Jian was, why his father wanted him to protect her, and what was going on with her at work. "Thank you for the breakfast." Jian said which broke the silence. Jihun looked up at her and nodded.

 

Jian excused herself before quickly escaping back to her own space of Jihun's spare bedroom as Jihun began piling the dishes onto a pile and carrying them to the sink. Jian sat on the edge of the bed taking deep breathes. She wondered why Jihun was being nice to her, he made her coffee and he cooked her breakfast. "Jian" She heard from the door which made her jump, she looked up to find Jihun stood by the doorframe. "Here" He said as he held out something in his hand. She frowned and cautiously wandered across to him. She stood in front of him as he dropped a plaster and a tube of cream into her hand. 
"Oh. Thank you." She stuttered as she held on to them tightly.

 

"Jian..." Jihun stuttered again. Jian looked up at him and frowned again. "Don't tell anyone about this, ok? Just tell them we went home separately and I got a driver." He told her. 
"Of course I won't. I'm not going to tell people that I slept in the bosses house." Jian said with a sigh as she rolled her eyes.
"Don't say it like that. It sounds weird. I simply allowed you to stay over so you didn't have to walk home in the dark." Jihun told her as he wandered off and disappeared down the corridor. Jian sighed and closed the door behind her. 'So he doesn't know. Youjin hasn't told him and he doesn't know.' Jian thought to herself.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
I sat in the passenger's seat of Jihun's car as he drove down the road to take me home. "What's the name of this diet you're on then? I've never heard of it." Jihun asked me. I stuttered and shrugged.
"Uh. I can't remember the name. It's really~ long." I laughed awkwardly. He nodded as he smiled. I took a deep breath quietly as he continued driving. 
"Thank you for breakfast and the dressing and letting me stay." I told him as I smiled slightly.
"It's fine. Thank you for driving me home last night. I wouldn't be a man if I let you walk home alone that late at night." He explained to me as he turned into the road where my apartment building was.

 

He pulled up outside the building and I undid my seatbelt. "Thank you" I said again before grabbing my bag and opening the car door. I got out and shut the door behind me.
"Oh! Jian!" He called out to me. I jumped and turned around as he wound the car window down and looked across at me.
"Don't put a dressing on your arm now. It'll be ok now, it will heal nicely." He told me. I nodded to him and bowed my head as he wound the window back up and drove away. As soon as his car disappeared from end of the road, I sighed with relief. I stood still for a couple of seconds before wandering slowly into my apartment building.

 


 

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies, are you enjoying the story so far? I would love to see some comments from you. So now we know Jihun has been told by his father to protect Jian, but can he do this without knowing her secret?