Cappuccino

I Like You A Latte

Cappuccino

 

{Jian's POV}
"Hello Miss Kim." My doctor told me as I wandered through the door. I bowed my head to him and smiled. 
"Hello." I said happily as he showed me a seat. I sat down before he walked around his desk and sat down opposite me. 
"How have you been Jian?" He asked me as he took his pen in his hand. I put my bag down on the floor beside me and sighed.
"I'm finding it difficult. I'm trying to learn how to make coffee again, remember different types of coffee and trying to remember people. But it's difficult. It's so difficult." I explained to him as I bowed my head. He nodded as he jotted down some notes.

 

"Who was the first person you met when you went back to work Jian?" He asked me. I frowned and thought about it.
"Mina." I said as I smiled.
"And tell me about Mina.. What do you know about her?" He asked me afterwards.
"Ah Mina! She's a year younger than me. We met each other when I first starting working at the coffee bar. She's really friendly and cute!" I said happily. My doctor raised his eyebrows and smirked.
"See Jian. The amnesia caused you to forget your friends, but look at what you've already remembered!" He said happily with a smile. I smiled and nodded.

 

I hadn't realised what I had already remembered but parts and pieces of my memory were slowly coming back. It just takes patience and time. After I spoke with my doctor for a bit longer, he performed a couple of tests and checked my health. 
"Thank you." I told him as I bowed my head. He bowed his head and opened the door for me as I wandered through.
"Thank you Jian, see you on your next check up." He said. I nodded to him before walked down the corridor of the hospital. Time to head back to work and time to face Jihun.

 


 

{Jihun's POV}
I was sat working at my desk on my computer when I heard something. I stopped what I was doing to listen closer. "Oh! Morning Noona!" Heejun said excitedly and loudly. Jian was back. Then I saw her wander past my door. I hadn't seen her since she stayed round my house after she took me home because I had drank too much alcohol to be able to drive. I continued with what I was doing but soon I saw her wander back past my door with her apron on. I shook my head before getting back to my work. She was late into work because she had a hospital check-up.

 

"Aish why am I thinking about her." I sighed quietly to myself. I know my father asked me to look after the coffee bar and her, but I just can't. I just don't understand why. I tried getting on with my work but I failed again. Something made me want to go and ask Jian how her hospital check up went. "No no. I can't." I whispered to myself. Without realising, I had already stood up and made my way to the door. I stood in the door way and looked around. The coffee bar was fairly quiet with only a few customers sat at tables. I found Jian stood behind the coffee bar next to the coffee machine, stacking cups up.

 

"Jian, can you make me a cappuccino please." I asked her as I leant against the coffee bar. She nodded to me as she finished stacking the cups and went on to make my cappuccino. I rarely asked them to make me coffees, only when the coffee bar was empty or very quiet like today was. I watched Jian making the coffee as I gulped quietly.
"Uh." I stuttered. "How was your hospital check up?" I asked her. She looked at me startled before she went back to what she was doing.
"It was ok. Just a normal routine check up." She told me as she poured the coffee into a cup. She smiled as she slid the cup towards me.

 

"Thank you." I told her as I picked the cup up. "Uhm and it's good it went ok." I quickly said before returning to hide in my office. I shut the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief. Why am I feeling like this? I shouldn't feel like this? Jian is one of my workers, that's all. She might have been special to my father, but she's not special to me. And why should I protect her? In case she makes a mistake again or has another accident?! I placed my cup on my desk before sinking back into my chair. But why do I feel this way? What is making me want to protect her. What is making me feel this way. I didn't like her. But I felt something. I just don't know what it is.

 

I glanced at the cup on my desk then quickly sat up. "Hm~" I thought to myself as I picked it up and carefully took a sip. My eyes widened slightly as I put it back down on my desk. It was cappuccino. It was right. She hadn't made a mistake. Jian's mistakes had becoming less and less lately, but she was still making a couple. But this one was perfect. Just right. A perfect cup of cappuccino. I smiled before beginning my work again.

 


 

{Jihun's POV}
"What the hell is this?!" I heard a man shout loudly. I frowned and quickly stood up as I ran outside my office. 
"I think you should stop!" Youjin shouted as he stood in front of the man. Jian was stood shaking with her head bowed and her eyes looking down at the floor. 
"What on earth is going on here?!" I shouted loudly. Heejun rushed past me with a frightened expression on his face. I stopped him and pulled him back in front of me. "Heejun?" I asked him quieter.
"Noona should know. Mr Jung. He likes his coffee a certain way. But Noona just made him a regular coffee. And... and Mr Jung has anger issues." He stuttered to me as he quickly disappeared again.

 

Suddenly I heard the smashing of a cup as I ducked involuntary. "Mr Jung. It was a mistake. We will make you a new one!" Youjin pleaded with him as he attempted to calm him down.
"Mr Jung. Please calm down." I said loudly as I walked across, dodging the broken pieces of pottery. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I moved to stand in front of Jian to block his view to her.
"And who the hell are you?! Where's the adults, only kids seem to be here!" He shouted angrily. Luckily it was almost closing time to there was no other customers inside the coffee bar.
"My name is Kim Jihun and I'm the owner of the coffee bar. I have taken over from my father." I explained to him. He stopped and blinked at me a couple of times.

 

"We will refund you and we will make you a new one. But please stop acting this way. She made a mistake." I said to him calmly. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I've been coming to this coffee bar ever since it opened, all the staff know how I like my coffee and I know she isn't new. Kim Jian, right? You've worked here for a while. You know how I like my coffee and I don't like it being made wrong!" He said angrily as he folded his arms. 
"I will make you a new coffee. Please sit down and I will bring it out soon." I told him. He nodded and sat down as he sighed loudly. I glanced behind me at Jian who was still shaking.

 

Youjin looked at me and I nodded to him, "Go and check on Heejun please." I told him. He nodded to me as he turned to go towards the back room. "Ah. Where is Mina?" I asked him.
"She isn't working today." He told me before wandering to find Heejun. I sighed and took Jian's hand as I led her into my office.
"Stay here. I'll be right back." I told her as I walked back out and shut the door behind me. After making Mr Jung's coffee again how he always has it after asking Youjin and giving him a refund, he soon left and silence hit the coffee bar.
"Thank you both of you. You can get off early since there's no customers." I told Youjin and Heejun. They nodded to me as I walked back towards my office.

 

{Jian's POV}
I heard the door open and close behind me as I stood frozen with my head down in Jihun's office. "Have you been stood here the whole time?" Jihun asked me. I nodded quietly as I heard his footsteps and saw his feet in front of me. He sighed deepily and I closed my eyes tightly waiting for him to shout and scold me for making another mistake. He said I didn't have many chances left and now I've just blown my last chance.
"Are you ok?" He asked me. My eyes opened and widened as I frowned. He didn't scold me, he didn't shout at me. He asked me whether I was ok...
"Yes I'm fine." I stuttered to him. He sighed and bent his head down to look at me from above.

 

I waited for him to say something but he didn't. I looked up at him and he was busy looking at me. I stuttered and his attention flicked to me. "Sorry. I was just checking you're ok. He threw the cup near you so it could have hit you when it shattered." He explained. I nodded awkwardly and suddenly he showed me a reassuring smile. "How did it happen?" He asked me calmly. "Did you just forget how he likes his coffee since you haven't been at work for a while?" He asked me. I nodded to him and he sighed.
"It's not because of your accident right? You've not forgotten anything?" He then asked me.
"No no no!" I quickly said as I smiled to him awkwardly.

I don't know how long I can keep this secret. I don't know how long I can keep it to myself. I don't know how long it will be before someone else finds out.