Latte Macchiato

I Like You A Latte

Latte Macchiato

 

{Jian's POV}
"Young or old?" Heejun asked everyone as we all gathered round the bar and looked at the door.
"Young!" I said confidently with a grin.
"Old! Old! Old!" Everyone else shouted.
I opened my mouth, "thanks guys." I sighed as we all watched the door. After a couple of minutes, an old man with white hair and a suit appeared in the doors. Grins were flew at me and Youjin greeted the man at a table as he tried not to laugh.
"Wonderful. Just wonderful." I sighed deepily to myself. Mina patted my shoulder as she wandered away laughed.
"Better luck next time Noona." Heejun smirked.
"Oh Heejun!" I cried out and he quickly ran away. Note to self - never take part in any more bets, because you will just lose them all.

 

I whined to myself quietly but was cut off by the sound of Jihun's door shutting. I looked around and Jihun was stood in front of his door looking around, he looked at me and then quickly looked away. "Who is staying to clean up tonight?" Jihun asked Youjin who wandered past him. Youjin stopped and spun around. He pointed to me with a smirk and happily strolled off. "Just you?" He asked me. I nodded with a pout as I walked off to clean some dishes.
"Jian, one latte macchiato please!" Mina said happily as she passed me the sheet with it written on. I nodded to her and pulled a mug off the shelf. Macchiato... macchiato... macchiato... I glanced to my side to see Jihun stood there.
"Don't mind me. I'm not watching you." He said as he rolled his eyes.

 

I poured some milk into the steamer and made some expresso on the other side of the coffee machine. A little bit of steamed milk, a lot of expresso. "You making a latte macchiato or a caffe macchiato?" Jihun asked me which made me jump.
"A latte macchiato..." I stuttered to him.
"Is there enough milk in there?" Jihun asked me as he stopped the steamer and glanced inside the metal jug. I cringed secretly, latte macchiatos are a lot of steamed milk and a little bit of expresso.
"Uh. Yeah! I'm going to get some more milk!" I quickly said as I ran off to the fridge. Jihun stayed silent as he watched me make the rest of the drink and pour it into the mug. That could have been another disaster...

 


 

{Jian's POV}
It soon got late and the coffee bar closed. "Bye Jian! Have fun!" The others shouted sarcastically as they were ready to go home.
"Thanks! I'm going to have so much fun!" I called out to them as I rolled my eyes. They all laughed and disappeared out the door. I went to the back room and dragged the mop bucket and brush back out with me. I sighed to myself and began mopping the floor. I glanced at Jihun's office, the blinds were down and the lights were off. He must have gone home early. Which means I am here alone. I smiled to myself and quickly cleaned everywhere up as I sang to myself loudly and also badly. Most of the dishes had already been cleaned so that was one less job for me and I finished by straightening the chairs up.

 

"Time to study" I said to myself as I wandered towards my locker. I pulled out my coffee making book on different types of coffee and went back to the bar. I sat down on the floor behind it and began reading my book. I read it page by page, reading out the different componants of each type of coffee, making sure I had memorised it. My memories about making coffee didn't seem like they were coming back anytime soon, so I was re-teaching myself everything which I had learnt. But I couldn't learn everything because Jihun's father taught me everything and now he isn't here. He was like a father to me after my father passed away.

 

{Jihun's POV}
I leant back in my office chair and yawned. Working out the costs of everything was not my ideal Friday night. I sighed and stood up. I'll go make myself a coffee and I will feel better. I left my office and wandered into the coffee bar quietly. "Oh?! Why are the lights still on?!" I said to myself confused. "Is Kim Jian still here..." I stuttered. I looked around but the coffee bar was empty and there was no one to be seen. "Aish~ forgetting to turn off the lights" I grumbled to myself as I headed towards the bar. I turned the corner and jumped to find Jian sat on the floor. I opened my eyes wide and looked at her silently. She had her head tilted to one side and she was asleep with a book on her knee.

 

I crept up to her and crouched down, holding my knees. I watched her for a little while and smiled slightly. "You must have been tired.." I said softly as I looked at her. I glanced down and noticed the book on her knees. I picked it up gently and turned it around to look at the front cover. "How.. to.. make.. coffee..?" I stuttered as I looked at it in complete confusion. Has she forgotten? Has she forgotten to make coffee? Is that why she is making so many mistakes? Or is she teaching herself to learn new better skills..? I sighed quietly and placed the book on the side above her. I stood up properly and bent down, scooping her up bridal style.

 

I carried her into my office and laid her down on the sofa in the corner of my office. I found a blanket in one of the cupboards and laid it over her gently. I wandered out of my office and shut the door closed quietly. I sat on one of the stools behind the bar glancing at the book which I found Jian with. I sighed deepily and pulled my phone out of my back pocket. I dialled a number and held the phone to my ear. "No. I am not coming to scratch your back" Seungjun said bluntly.
I scoffed and smirked to myself, "I don't want you to" I told him.
"Eh? Then why did you wake me up?" He said confused.
"You liar. You're definitely sat in your animal pajmmas watching television." I and he sighed to admit it.

 

"I need your help with something." I told him.
"Wow. Kim Jihun.. something must be bothering you." He teased.
"Seungjun. There's a staff member in my coffee bar. She's recently had an accident and I think she's forgotten how to make coffee." I explained to him.
"Wow. That's unfortunate." He said sarcastically.
"Seungjun. Seriously. I asked you because you are a psychology student. Aish~ I should have gone to someone else." I sighed.
"Ok ok ok. Do you know what type of accident she had?" Seungjun asked me.

 

"I don't know..." I stuttered to him.
"Try and find out. If she had a head injury, she might have amnesia. There are different types Jihun. Sometimes people can forget certain memories." Seungjun explained to me. I agreed to him and put the phone down. I held my head in my hands and looked down at the counter. If Seungjun is right, why is she hiding something like this? Why didn't she tell me? Did she think I was going to fire her? Does Youjin know? Aish! Why didn't she tell anyone? How can she be going through this alone! I glanced at the book to my side and sighed. All the mistakes she has done, all the times I've scolded her. They weren't for nothing, she couldn't help it.

 

I pulled my keys out of my pocket and fumbled around for the master key. I took the book and made my way to the lockers in the back room. I looked at them and remembered which one was Jian's. I opened it with the master key and placed the book inside. I locked the locker back up and placed the keys back in my pocket. I knew what I was doing wasn't right, but I wanted Jian to tell me herself. But that wouldn't mean I wouldn't help her. I will try my best to help her, because I don't want her to go through this pain alone.

 


 

Author's Note: So now Jihun knows about Jian, well thinks he knows. I'll update soon my lovelies! Thank you to my subscribers and my new subscribers! Please drop some comments down below, it would be much appreciated! :)