Café Noisette

I Like You A Latte

Café Noisette

* I realised the whole chapter is written in 3rd person!

 

{3rd Person}
"Morning!" Heejun chirped happily as he wandered into the coffee bar in the morning. Jian was busy cleaning around the coffee bar as she looked up and smiled to him.
"Morning Heejun." She said as she continued. 
"Morning!" Youjin and Mina called over from the table area. Heejun walked past Jian, towards the back room as she quickly looked up, "Oh Heejun! There's some doughnuts in the back room, we've all had one, there's some left for you." Jian told him. Heejun's face lit up excitedly as he nodded. His pace quickened as he disppeared into the backroom. Jian glanced up and smirked to Youjin and Mina who were busy cleaning tables. They looked up once Heejun was gone and smirked back.

 

Heejun dashed into the backroom to find a box of doughnuts where there was two left for him. He quickly put his things in his locker before returning to the doughnuts. At this point, the rest of the staff and Jihun was hidden around the doorframe watching him. 
"Omo! Which one first!" Heejun said excitedly to himself as he looked between the two doughnuts. As he was deciding, Jihun wandered past him, Heejun looked up and his eyes widened.
"Oh! Good morning! Thank you for the doughnuts." Heejun said happily. Jihun smiled to him as Heejun picked up a doughnut. Jihun watched him secretly from afar as Heejun took a bite into the doughnut.

 

"Wah! What is this?!" Heejun cried out as his face went read and his eyes widened. He began whining loudly as he glanced down at the doughnut. "Wasabi?!" He cried out louder. The doughnut wasn't filled with sweet cream, it was filled with wasabi. Not even filled, it was packed with it. Jihun slid a glass of water across the table to him. Heejun glared at Jihun who was attempting to keep a straight face. He dropped the doughnut and the wasabi spilled out of it. 
"Oh Heejun, remember. I'll get you back, I told you that when you teased me." Jihun whispered to him as he smirked and walked out the back room. Heejun's eyes widened as he scoffed in disbelief. He looked up at Jian. She smirked as she patted his shoulder.
"Don't tease us next time." She told him happily as she chuckled and followed Jihun outside the back room.

 

~

 

Youjin wandered out of the back room towards the coffee bar. It was quiet and no one else was around apart from Jihun who was stood by the coffee machine making something. As I entered the bar area, Jihun glanced up and smiled to me.
"Uh. I need to talk to you." Youjin said awkwardly. Jihun smiled and nodded to him as Youjin stood beside him and leant against the bar. "You know. Hm. I hope there are no bad feelings between us... I know Jian told me first about her..." Youjin began stuttering awkwardly. "Amnesia." He said as he lowered his voice. "But there were circumstances and there was definitely nothing going on between us! But I know you two are together now so..." He continued. A smile grew on Jihun's face as he chuckled quietly.

 

Jihun patted Youjin's shoulder as he smirked. "Dont worry about it. I didnt think anything of it anyway. Jian explained it to me." Jihun reassured him.
A man sat at a table close to the coffee bar, although Jihun and Youjin were whispering quietly, the man was able to pick out a couple of words they were saying. 
'Amnesia...? A worker here... Jian..? A girl or a boy?' The man thought to himself confused as he raised his eyebrows from behind his newspaper. He glanced across at them as he sipped his coffee and smirked. 
'A coffee worker having amnesia... so maybe they forgot how to make coffee. You don't hear of that often. It would make a good story.' The man thought to himself as he smiled to himself again before going back to reading his newspaper.

 


 

The following day, the same man appeared in the coffee bar. He settled down at a table with his newspaper and phone in front of him. Heejun ran across to him with a smile on his face. "Hello, what can I get you today?" He said in a chirpy tone.
"Does someone called Jian work here?" The man asked him.
Heejun frowned and nodded as he turned around and pointed to Jian, "That's Jian." He told the man. The man smiled to Heejun and nodded.
"I would like to be served by her if that's possible?" The man asked Heejun. Heejun frowned again but nodded and quickly dashed across to Jian.
"Jian, can you take that man's order for me please?" Heejun asked Jian.

 

Jihun stood at the back of the coffee bar and frowned at Heejun's strange request. He looked across at the man and kept an eye on him. "Sure!" Jian said happily as she made her way over to the man. Jihun watched from afar and frowned curiously.
"Hello, what can I get you today?" Jian asked the man with a smile. The man smiled at Jian as he glanced down quickly and checked her name badge said 'Jian'. 
"Can I have a cafe noisette please" The man said with a smile.
"Certainly." Jian said happily as she scribbled it down on her notepad and turned back to the coffee bar. She frowned and grimaced to herself. He chose one of the rarest coffees on their menu. No one ever chose it, so Jian couldn't remember how to make it.

 

Jihun watched Jian as she made her way back to the coffee bar and laid the order out on the counter at the side of the coffee machine. She paused and glanced behind her slightly. Jihun knew she was in trouble. He slowly made his way towards her and stood beside her. He glanced down at the piece of paper and raised his eyebrows. He also thought it was a strange choice. He wandered away from the coffee bar whispering to Jian on the way, "Double expresso, single hot milk..." He whispered to her quietly. 
Jian smiled as she began making the man's drink as Jihun wandered around the coffee bar, looking around at people - in particular the man who Jian was serving. He was reading his newspaper but also had his phone hidden behind the newspaper. It looked like he was writing things down as he was glancing at Jian.

 

Jian finished the coffee and placed it on a tray before carrying it over to the man at his table. "Here is your coffee." Jian said happily as she placed the coffee down in front of him. He smiled to her as he sipped his coffee and Jian bowed her head before taking the tray away.
"Oh!" The man called out surprised, because the drink was made perfectly which made Jian stop and turn around.
"Is there a problem?" Jian asked him as she approached his table again.
"Miss Kim, I heard that there may be a worker who has amnesia. Would you know anything about that?" The man asked her quietly. Jian completely froze as she began stuttering nervously.

 

Suddenly, she felt a hand press against her back and Jihun appeared beside her. "Jian, please go back to work" He told her quietly. Jian nodded quickly before dashing off as the man followed her with his eyes. When she disappeared out of his eyeline, he turned his attention to Jihun who was stood glaring at him. The man frowned as Jihun pulled the chair out opposite him and sat down.
"Can I help you?" The man asked him confused. "I was talking to the young girl who served me and you interrupted.." He grumbled.
"Hello. My name is Kim Jihun, I am the owner of the coffee bar. If you have any problems please feel free to ask me as I would like my staff to continue working" Jihun told him in a polite but patronising tone. The man looked at him surprised, he never thought someone who looked this young could run a coffee bar.

 

The man didn't respond so Jihun sighed and stood up as he left the table politely. "So is it difficult having a staff member with amnesia?" The man asked him. Jihun stopped walking and anger spread across his face. The others watched from the coffee bar in the distance and saw Jihun's face drop. 
"What did you just ask me?" Jihun said calmly as he turned around. He remained calm on the outside but anger was raging through him on the inside. The man smirked to himself which made Jihun become angrier. Jihun put his hands behind his back and curled his fists, attempting to contain his anger. The others looked worriedly as Youjin left the bar and walked over to Jihun. He placed his hand on Jihun's arm, Jihun looked at him and Youjin nodded as Jihun walked away angrily.

 

Youjin remained by the table and folded his arms as he glared at the man. The man glanced up at him before scoffing. Youjin continued to glare at him as the man casually folded up his newspaper. He stood up as Youjin watched him. "I'll be back. Don't worry." The man told Youjin with a smirk as everyone watched him leave the coffee bar. Jian was confused and worried. After the man had left, she turned around to look at Jihun's office which he was in after slamming the door. Youjin sighed deeply as he walked back to the coffee bar.
"What's happened?" Jian asked him confused.
"I don't know. But I know it's going to be trouble." Youjin sighed.