Spilt Milk

I Like You A Latte

Spilt Milk

 

{3rd Person}
Jian carried the pair of small steps under her arm as she reached underneath the light. She unfolded the steps down as she took the new light bulb from the side in one of her hands. She clambered up the steps as she reached up with the new light bulb in one of her hands. With her other free hand, she began unscrewing the old lightbulb which had broken. She took the bulb out and replaced it with the new one. "There we go" She said to herself proudly as she began stepping down. Suddenly her phone began ringing which made her jump. She put her foot down but missed a step. She attempted to grab on to something but ended up falling backwards and hitting her head on the corner of the cabinet behind her. She closed her eyes and she laid unconscious on the floor of her apartment.

 

{Flashback: Jian's POV - Before her accident}
I was busy working behind the coffee bar when a young man wandered in. He sat on a stool behind the coffee bar opposite me. "Hello, what can I get for you?" I asked him politely. He was looking around so I couldn't see his face properly. "Hello?" I asked him again. He turned around and I smiled to him. 
"Hello, I'm looking for my father. He's your boss." The young man told me. My eyes widened. He was Mr Kim's son?!
"I'll go and let him know you are here, would you like anything whilst you are waiting?" I asked him again.
He nodded to me, "Just a normal coffee please, extra milk." He told me. I nodded to him and smiled as I quickly ran off to tell Mr Kim in his office.

 

When I returned I began making the young man his coffee, making sure that I added in extra milk. I finished and poured it into a cup for him. I put it on the coffee bar and gently slid it towards him. I poured some spare milk into a small milk jug and also slid that towards him. But that went too far and fell all over his lap. My eyes widened and he jumped up when the cold milk hit him.
"Yah! What do you think you're playing at?!" He shouted at me loudly. I bowed my head and quickly ran around to him with a towel. 
"I am very sorry. It was an accident. I apologise." I quickly said to him as I bowed fully. I heard a door and Mr Kim walked out.
"Jihun! What are you shouting around for?!" Mr Kim asked the young man calmly.

 

"She spilt milk all over me!" He cried out loudly. I bowed again, apologising for the hundredth time. "Father! You shouldn't have hired someone as careless and stupid as her!" He shouted angrily as he pointed to me. I stood up straight and bowed my head. My eyes filled with water, I didn't know whether they were sad or angry tears. 
I bowed my head one last time before running off into the back room. I had never been upset over a customer before. He was so rude and angry. I couldn't believe he was Mr Kim's son! He was nothing like him! I hope I never ever see him again!

 


 

{Now: Jian's POV}
I opened my eyes and blinked repeatedly at the white ceiling. "Jian!" I heard someone cry out worriedly. I found Jihun looking over me with a worried expression spread across his face. He disappeared and I looked around. I was in a hospital room.
"Doctor! Nurse! She's awake!" I heard him shout as he quickly ran back to me. Suddenly another man appeared at my side in a doctor's uniform.
"Jian. Miss. You fell and hit your head. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked me as he began doing checks. 
"I'm tired..." I stuttered to him. The doctor nodded and Jihun scoffed quietly. 
"Jian, you've been asleep for a whole week. I was so worried." He told me as the doctor finished and pushed the back of my bed up so I could sit up in bed properly.

 

"Ok, Jian. You seem fine. I'll let you rest for longer. I see you've had an accident before which caused amnesia. We will send you for some tests later for your brain to see what has happened." The doctor concluded. I nodded to him and smiled before he left me and Jihun alone in my hospital room. Jihun sighed with relief as he stood by the side of Jian's bed. 
"I know you. We've met before." I said to Jihun. His face dropped and he began to panic. 
"Of course you know me! Of course we've met before..." Jihun began saying as he looked at me whilst panicking. 
"No no. Before. We met before my accident. I remember. I remember everything. Who everyone is, how to make coffee. We met each other before, we argued, why didn't you tell me?" I asked Jihun. He paused and looked at me frozen.

 

"You remember..." He stuttered awkwardly.
I nodded, "Why didn't you tell me?! I know we argued and shouted at each other. But you should have just told me!" I cried out.
"I didn't think you had amnesia at first. I just thought you had forgotten about it, because it wasn't an important meeting and all we did was argue. The next time we met, it was on good terms so I didn't want to bring it up again because I thought we had both left it in the past. But then when I found out about amnesia, I wanted you to find out for yourself and not put memories into your head." Jihun explained to me. He put his hand on top of my hand but I shook my hand away and looked away from him.
"Jian..." He stuttered as he looked at me with a sad expression. I closed my eyes and turned my head away from him.

 

"Just go." I sighed.
"Jian." He said quietly as he didn't move.
"Go!" I shouted at him. He began gathering his things and stood at the bottom of my bed with his bags.
"Jian, I didn't mean to lie to you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about us meeting before. I wanted you to remember for yourself, I didn't want to tell you. That first meeting, I messed up. I judged you before I knew you but now I know you. And I love you so much." Jihun explained to me again as he dropped his head and walked out. I wiped tears from my cheeks which had escaped from my eyes. Was I overreacting? But he didn't tell me. He should have told me. I rested my head back as tears began streaming from my eyes. Was I sad? Angry? I didn't know.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
I rang the intercom and waited for the door to open. I was discharged from the hospital after staying in there for another week whilst they did tests and I was monitored. "Oh! Jian!" Inseong said surprised as he opened his door. I smiled and waved to him. 
"I brought cake for a chat!" I said excitedly. He grinned as I followed him inside. I sat down at his table as he made me some barley tea and himself some coffee. I opened the cake box and he passed me a knife. I smiled as I cut slices out of it.
"How have you been after your accident?" Inseong asked me as he placed the drinks down on the table beside the plates with cake on them. I nodded to him and smiled. 
"I'm ok. The knock to my head again made me regain my memories that I lost from my first accident. I'm sorry for lying to you Inseong, I should have told you the first time we met again." I told him.

 

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you are better again." He said happily. "Jihun told me about your accident." He told me. I sighed and bowed my head as he frowned. 
"We fell out. I've not seen him since I woke up from my accident. We met before my first accident and he never told me." I explained to Inseong. He nodded to me and frowned. 
"Well, Jihun hired me as the new manager of the coffee bar and I've been looking after it with Youjin for him since your accident." Inseong told me. I looked up at him and frowned.
"Why? Where was Jihun?!" I cried out worriedly. 
"Where do you think he was! He was sitting with you 24/7 waiting for you to wake up. We told him to go home to rest and we would take over watching you but he always refused. He basically lived in your hospital room for the whole week." Inseong explained to me. My face dropped and Inseong smirked slightly.

 

"Jihun really loves you Jian, and I know you love him too. He probably realised he made a mistake last time, he didn't want to tell you and wanted to make it up to you and he fell in love with you Jian. You were probably frustrated and tired when you shouted at him. I'm sure he will understand. Just go and find him." Inseong tols me. I nodded to him and smiled.
"I feel bad. I really shouted at him. I shouldn't have done that. I love him so much too and I know how much he loves the coffee bar and to put me first. I've really messed up Inseong..." I sighed loudly.
"But you can fix it Jian, go and find him." He said to me with a reassuring smile. I nodded to him and smiled. After finishing my tea and cake, and talking to Inseong for a little while longer, I left his apartment. I really had to apologise to Jihun. I should have never shouted at him and argued with him.