Barista

I Like You A Latte

Barista


{Jihun's POV}
I drove down the road as Jian had her arm out the window, looking around excitedly. "Is this your first time to Jeju?" I asked her with a smile on my face. She looked at me and nodded excitedly. She was like a small puppy which had just been brought home for the first time. "We'll go to the beach whilst we are here then" I told. She clapped her hands whilst grinning and I couldn't stop smiling. We reached the end of the road and I pulled into a driveway. Jian's eyes lit up as she looked around. 
"Umma!" I called out happily as I held the intercom button outside the gates.
"Wow~ Your family must like electric gates" Jian joked quietly. I laughed and waited for the gates to open.
"Oh! Son! Come in! We are in the garden!" My mother shouted as the gates began opening. I drove in and pulled up outside the front of the house.

 

I stopped the car and we both took our seatbelts off. Jian jumped out as she spun around, looking at everything with wide open. I laughed and got out the car as I shut the door behind me. "Come on then." I told Jian. She nodded as she ran around the car and clung onto my arm. I led her around the side of the house and through another gate into a large garden. I stopped before we reached the back of the house and turned to her.
"Jian. Wait here a second. I want to surprise my father." I whispered to her. Jian nodded with a big smile on her face as she waited around the side of the house. I left her and wandered into the garden to find my mother and father sat around the garden table.
"Oh! Son!" My mother cried out happily as she ran up to hug me. I bowed my head to them both to greet them.

 

"You're on your own?" My mother said confused as she looked behind me. I shook my head and smiled to her. 
"Appa. Umma. I've brought the girl who I'm going to marry." I told him happily as I held up my hand to show them the ring on my finger. Their eyes lit up and my mother became excited as she looked around curiously.
"Can she make good coffee?" My father joked. 
I laughed and nodded to him, "She makes the best coffee in the world!" I said happily. My mother and father both chuckled.
"Even better than mine?" My father joked again as I laughed.
"You can come out now!" I called out to Jian. I turned around and she awkwardly poked her head around the corner of the wall. I used my hand to tell her to come here and she smiled as she ran across to me excitedly. 
"Hello. My name is Kim-" Jian began as she bowed fully.

 

"Kim Jian!" My father said proudly as he grew a smile on his face. Jian leant back up as she grinned happily and nodded. 
"Hello Teach- no. Boss-..." Jian said as she greeted him and stuttered. I looked at her and grinned as my father chuckled.
"Jian, you have called me by a lot of different names in the past. Now it is appa. Since Jihun still calls me appa" He told her as he glanced at me and I grinned to him. 
"Come and sit down with us and have a talk." My mother told us both as she wandered back to the table. I glanced at the table which was empty and grinned.
"We'll go and make some drinks." I told them happily.
"Oh no no. You are guests, I'll go and make some." My mother said. I shook my head and smiled.

 

"You can try Jian's coffee." I told them with a smirk. Jian looked at me as her eyes widened slightly. I smirked at her as I took her hand and quickly led her inside. My mother and father laughed slightly as they began talking again behind us. I led Jian through the back doors of the house, towards the kitchen. Jian's eyes lit up and she looked around.
"Wow~ It's so big." Jian cried out excitedly.
"It's their retirement home, they'll live here now on. There's plenty of room for grandchildren." I told her as I winked. She scoffed with disbelief and playfully hit me as I whined loudly. She quickly ran towards me and covered my mouth with her hand so my parents didn't hear me whining and we laughed happily. I grinned as I took her hand away and quickly leant forward, pecking her lips. We reached the kitchen and stood by the coffee machine. I fetched all the things Jian needed and leant against the counter to watch her.

 

"Can you make it?" Jian asked me as she pouted.
I shook my head and smiled, "My father will know it's my coffee. You can do it, I know you can" I reassured her. She sighed and nodded to me as she began preparing the coffee machine.
"Ok. What am I making?" She asked me with a smile. 
"Hm. Latte for my mother, a flat white for me and my father, and what ever you want." I told her. She nodded to me and began preparing all the cups and different types of drinks.
"What are you having?" I asked her.
"Ah! I'll have a latte with your mother." She said happily as she focused on what she was doing. I folded my arms and smiled as I watched her do what she does best and what she loves.

 

After preparing all the drinks, I followed Jian back through to the garden holding the tray of drinks for her. My mother patted the seat beside her as she saw Jian. Jian smiled to her and sat down beside her. I sat down on the chair beside my father and Jian began giving out the drinks. "A flat white for a... appa and Jihun" she said as she put a flat white in front of both me and my father. "And a latte for u... umma and me." she said as she put the drinks in front of my mother and herself. We all thanked her and smiled to her as she bowed her head. We all began drinking and my eyes lit up as soon as I sipped the drink. I glanced across at my father and he was grinning. 
"Beautiful Jian." He said to her proudly. Jian smiled and thanked him. "But then you did get trained by the best" He joked as my father playfully hit his arm and we all began laughing.

 

Whilst drinking our drinks, we all began talking and soon the topic of the wedding became the focus between my mother and Jian. "Son, should we go for a walk?" My father asked me as he glanced at my mother and Jian then rolled his eyes. I laughed and nodded to him. I stood up and gripped the handles of his wheelchair as I wheeled him back from the table and down the garden. "I am really proud of you son. Even though, it is a shame about the coffee bar. You work hard and now you have found yourself a pretty wife." My father told me as I walked slowly whilst pushing his wheelchair.
"Thank you. Well, you raised me well." I joked as we both chuckled. "Are you happy that I brought Jian?" I asked him.
He laughed and nodded, "Of course I am. I always hoped this would happen when I first met her during her barista training." He said as I scoffed.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
Jihun's mother led us both through to one of the guest bedrooms they have. "There we go!" She said happily. We both bowed our heads to her and thanked her.
"If you need anymore blankets, there are some in the cupboard." She told us with a smile.
"Thank you" I told her happily. She smiled before walking out the door and closing it behind her. I put my bag down on an armchair in the corner of the room. Jihun rested his bag down on the floor at the bottom of the bed and turned around to face me. 
"It's like a hotel!~" I said excitedly to Jihun. He laughed and nodded.
"My mother was an interior designer, that's why." He joked. 
"How did your parents meet?" I asked him as we both sat down on the edge of the bed together.
"My mother was hired by the hotel to design the interior of the coffee bar and she met my father there." Jihun told me.

 

We both got changed and jumped in the gigantic king size bed which stood along the back wall of the bedroom. I rolled over on to my side and fell towards Jihun. He smiled as he stretched his arm out and held me in his arm. "What's up?" He asked me as he looked down at me. I looked up and him and smiled.
"We need to go and see my mother now." I told him happily.
He smirked, "Your mother knows." He told me. I frowned as I sat up confused and he sat up after me. 
"I asked her permission to marry you when we went to see her for your father's memorial week. But then everything happened at the coffee bar so I had to wait to ask you. It was difficult to wait." Jihun explained to me. I grinned to him as I collapsed back down and pushed him back down with me, so we laid back down together.
"Thank you~" I told him as I repeatedly kissed him whilst smiling.

 


 

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! So this was a nice chapter full of fluff for you all! But I have sad news, the next chapter is the final chapter! It will be set in the future so you can see what happened to all the chapters in the end. So I'll be back soon with the final chapter! :( Thank you for reading my lovelies, I'd love to see some more comments ;)

(Just a present to kill you all as my thank you for reading gift ;))

tumblr_ogwhkr8PJO1vp6mgno3_r1_540.gif Credit - heejun (Tumblr)