Coffee Bar

I Like You A Latte

Coffee Bar

 

{Jian's POV}
I wandered into work whilst frowning. "Good morning!" Everyone said happily as they greeted me. I wandered up to the coffee bar where Mina and Heejun were stood.
"What's with all the people sat outside?" I asked everyone. They all looked at me and frowned. "The people stood outside the front of the hotel? They look like reporters..?" I told them. 
"Maybe there's an idol in the hotel or something?" Mina suggested. I made an 'ah' sound and nodded. That must be it, an idol must be in the hotel. It rarely happens but sometimes it does, but reporters have never found out before like this.
"What's wrong?" Youjin asked as he walked through.
"Ah. There's reporters outside the front of the hotel. We think there might be an idol in the hotel or something." I told him. His eyes widened slightly and he nodded which caused me to frown slightly.

 

~

 

"Jian!~ Can I have a word please?" Jihun called out to me. I turned around and smiled to him. I put my brush down as we were cleaning the coffee bar before we opened. He went back inside his office and I followed him inside. "I need to tell you something..." He said with a serious expression on his face. I frowned and nodded to him worriedly. He sat me down on the sofa and sat on the edge of the coffee table in front of me, holding both of my hands. 
"Remember that man that asked you about if you knew a staff member here with amnesia a couple of days ago?" Jihun asked me.
"Oh! He ordered a cafe noisette, right?" I asked him. He nodded to me and I nodded back to him.
"Well, Youjin found out he was a reporter..." Jihun sighed. "And the hotel contacted me and told me the reporters outside are asking about that. The man must have spread the rumour around." Jihun told me as he bowed his head.

 

I froze and looked at him emotionless as he looked back up at me. "Jian... I'm so sorry. Me and Youjin mentioned it the other day and the man must have overheard us." Jihun said as he squeezed Jian's hands slightly in his. Jian shook her head and smiled.
"It's fine. I knew something would happen some day. I knew it would be difficult to keep this a secret. But now I know what I need to do." Jian told him. Jihun frowned as Jian stood up. He quickly stood up and stopped her from leaving.
"What do you mean?! Jian. Don't. I'm closing the coffee bar today so we can deal with the situation. The hotel are not happy but they said it will allow us to sort things out." Jihun reassured her.
"I need to tell Mina and Heejun. It's not fair that they don't know. I've lied to them and they deserve to know the truth" Jian told him as she gave him a reassuring smile.

 


 

{3rd Person}
Everyone gathered in the back room and sat around the large table. "What's going on? Aren't we supposed to be open by now?" Heejun said as he looked down at his watch. Jian sighed as Jihun glanced to his side to look at her. 
"Something has happened and the coffee bar is staying closed today while I can sort things out." Jihun informed the others. 
"What has happened?" Mina asked confused as she frowned. Jihun glanced at Jian again and she had her head bowed looking down. Just as Jihun went to speak, Jian began talking which made Jihun quickly go silent.
"I've lied to you and Heejun. Since my accident, I've... My accident caused amnesia. The amnesia has caused me to forget how to make coffee and it caused me to forget everyone... I'm sorry I lied to you." Jian told Mina and Heejun. They both stayed silent and their eyes widened.

 

"Aye!~ I don't believe it. No way. You made mistakes to start with but you don't make mistakes anymore. Is this a joke? A prank? Are there hidden cameras somewhere?!" Mina cried out and she looked around at everyone. Jian bowed her head and Youjin put his hand on Mina's shoulder.
"Jian... what's my favourite coffee?" Heejun asked her. Jian looked up at him and thought for a while.
"Wrong. You don't even have to think about it. I don't like coffee, I work here to help Jihun and Youjin. It is the truth. It's not a prank Mina." Heejun sighed. Mina's eyes widened more.
"But! How! It's impossible! What. Wait. Did Youjin know? Did Jihun... no Boss know?" Mina cried out again. Jian nodded silently.
"I didn't tell them. They found out by themselves." Jian sighed.

 

"Is this why we don't talk as much as we used to? Because you forgot who I was..." Mina whined as she held her head in her hands.
"Mina, I'm so sorry." Jian told her as her eyes began watering. Jihun took Jian's hand in his underneath the table and held it tightly.
"So what's going to happen now?" Youjin asked Jihun.
"You can go home for today. The coffee bar will open again tomorrow. I'll sort things out so everyone go home for the day." Jihun told them. Everyone else nodded and Jian remained silent with her head bowed. 
"Thank you for telling us." Heejun said quietly. Youjin stood up and began getting his things as Heejun followed him. Mina looked up at Jian silently and she sighed. 
"You should have told me." Mina whispered to Jian before quickly grabbing her things and dashing out. Youjin nodded to Jihun as he went running after her.

 


 

{Jihun's POV}
I let out a deep sigh as I stood in my office. I had told everyone to go home and shut the coffee bar for the day. I needed to think of what to do, I didn't know what to do. What would my father have done...? I sighed again as I wandered out of my office into the coffee bar. I scanned my card by the front entrance and tapped in a code, locking the front entrance so no one could come inside. I attached a sign to the door before pulling the blinds down. I would probably just sleep in my office for the night whilst I figure out what to do next. I stood in the middle of the coffee bar as I looked around and sighed. I told my father I would protect this place for him. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist and I jumped.
"We'll think of something. I'm sorry." Jian told me quietly. I turned around and her cheek, telling her not to worry.

 

We sat on the floor side by side with our backs against the coffee bar. Everyone else had left but Jian had stayed with me. I told her to go home but she wouldn't listen to me. I sighed loudly again. All I could do was sigh, I didn't know what to do for the best. "I saw the hotel security show all the reporters out so they are not in the hallway anymore." Jian told me quietly. I nodded to her silently and looked down. The coffee bar was in a hotel, which means the hotel would probably complain to me about causing a scandal and causing reporters to come to the hotel. All I wanted to do was protect this place, my father asked me to and I told him that I would. I quickly wiped my eyes before any tears escaped and looked away from Jian beside me.

 

"I'm sorry. This is my fault. I should have told you when I came back after my accident, I shouldn't have lied to you. I caused this." Jian apologised to me repeatedly. I looked at her with red eyes and shook my head. She pouted when she saw me and patted my cheeks. "I'm sorry Jihun. I'm sorry." She told me again as she wiped the tears from my face. I shook my head again.
"Stop apologising. It's not your fault." I told her sternly. She nodded quietly and sighed. She stood up quickly and turned to stand in front of me. I looked up at her and frowned as she held out both of her hands. 
"Let's go and get them" She told me as she pulled me up. I smiled and nodded to her as she brushed down my shirt and straightened my tie up. She squeezed my hands and we nodded to each over as we headed outside.

 

We reached the bottom floor of the hotel and Jian waited in the lobby area for me as I headed outside. Luckily the security guards of the hotel had kept the reporters outside so they couldn't get upstairs to the coffee bar. I became nervous as I reached outside and the reporters jumped up when they noticed me. "Are you from the coffee bar?!" Some of them asked me curiously.
"Hello. My name is Kim Jihun and I am the owner of the coffee bar" I told them as they all crowded round me. I sighed quietly but kept a straight face and remained professional.
"Is it true you have a staff member with amnesia?!" One of them shouted to me. I looked around to find Jian stood inside, she was smiling to me and nodded to reassure me. 
"All my staff are both physically and mentally healthy. None of them have amnesia like you have been told." Jihun told them.

 

The reporters frowned as they quickly scribbled things down on their notepads and looked back up at me. "Where do you believe the rumours have come from?!" Another reporter then shouted at me. I sighed and shook my head.
"I do not know where these rumours have come from. They are false accusations and may have been created by other coffee bars since we are competition for them." I told them. The reporters nodded and scribbled things down again. 
"Thank you for your time Mr Kim Jihun" One of the reporters said. I nodded as I turned around to walk back inside and the reporters began to disperse. I walked back inside and looked up to find Jian still stood in the same spot. I took her hand and led her back towards the coffee bar.

 

We reached the coffee bar and I closed the door behind me. I held out my arms and Jian shuffled her feet towards me, into my arms. "Don't worry, we will be ok." I whispered to her as I held her tightly and kissed her forehead.
"I'm sorry Jihun." She whispered to me. I shook my head and hugged her tighter.
"Don't apologise. You've done nothing wrong. We will be fine. We will be fine." I told her again as we stood in the coffee bar in silence hugging.

 


 

Author's Note: My lovelies! I am so sorry for the really late update but I am back on track now! I am on christmas break from university so there will be regular updates from now! Thank you for subscribing and reading!