Latte Heart

I Like You A Latte

Latte Heart

 

{3rd Person}
It was the last day of the coffee bar being open. The shift had ended and Jihun closed the doors for the final time. Everyone was stood around, including Seungjun. Inseong and Jian were busy pouring champagne into glasses and Youjin poured some juice in a glass for Mina. After closing the front doors, Jihun turned around to face the others. They all smiled to him and he smiled back to them with a reassuring smile. Everyone picked up a glass and Jian picked up two as she made her way to Jihun. She passed him a glass and put her arm around his waist. "Speech!" Seungjun called out with a big grin on his face. Jihun scoffed and nodded to them all as they stood with their glasses.

 

"Well. It's our last day here. We've had some good times and some bad times. Some of us have been here since we started making coffee; Youjin, Jian and myself. And some of us have joined during the years. I always wanted my father to pass the coffee bar down to me and thats what he did. Thank you for supporting me and the coffee bar and making it the best coffee bar possible. I hope everyone has a good life in the future, we will always stay together as one big family. Thank you everyone." Jihun said to everyone.
"Cheers!" Everyone chanted together as they took a sip of their drinks.

 

Jian patted Jihun's back to reassure him and he looked across at her as they smiled to each other happily. The whole group started talking, they brought up good memories and old memories of their times at the coffee bar. They had become one big family and although they were all going on to separate things, they would always remain as a family and support each other; Youjin had a new job at another coffee shop to support Mina and his baby who was due in two months. Mina now stayed at home, preparing for their baby. Heejun has a new job at a restaurant and Inseong is working part time at another coffee but planning to start his own business.

 

{Jihun's POV}
I tapped in the passcode of the front door and pulled down the handle, pushing the door open. It was the day after the coffee bar closed for the final time and I had just visited my parents to speak to them about everything. I took my shoes off as I checked the time on my watch. "Jian?~" I called out, wondering if she was still awake since it was quite late at night. I heard footsteps and she came running through to me. She stopped when she saw me and I sighed as I bowed my head. "I'm back." I mumbled to her. She wandered across to me and wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I sighed again as I took her in my arms and held her tightly.
"We'll be ok. We'll be fine." Jian whispered to me as we hugged each other tightly. After hugging for a while we both pulled back to look at each other and began laughing together.

 

"Aigoo!~" I said as I wiped the tears from Jian's face.
"Aigoo!~" She copied me as she wiped tears from my face. We had both been silently crying whilst we were hugging. We both laughed as we wiped each other tears and quickly hugged again.
"Did you wait up for me?" I asked her.
Jian nodded and smiled, "Should we go to sleep?" She asked me. I nodded to her and smiled as I took her hand and we wandered towards the bedroom together. After we got ready, we laid in bed together. I rolled on to my side as I rested on my arms and looked at her. She looked across and smiled as she rolled on to her side and did the same. 
"I love you." She told me happily.
"I love you too." I said as leant forward and kissed her.

 

I woke up in the middle of the night and kept my eyes closed. I mumbled quietly as I rolled over towards Jian and flung my arm out to cuddle her. But my arm hit the bed and I frowned. I opened one eye to find the bed empty. "Oh..." I stuttered to myself as I opened my eyes and pulled myself up. I flicked on the lamp on the beside table beside me and looked around, but Jian was no where to be seen. I frowned again as I shuffled my feet into my slippers and wandered out of the bedroom, down the hallway. I reached the lounge area to find Jian on the floor with pens and big sheets of paper, she had her head down with a pen in her hand. 
"Jian?" I called out quietly to her, but she didn't respond. I quietly crept towards her and crouched down in front of her next to the paper, hugging my knees.

 

She was fast asleep with her head down. I smiled to myself and glanced down at the big sheets of paper. She was making a mindmap and brainstorming ideas for a new business together. I grinned happily as I looked back at her. 
"This is what you are up to in the middle of the night" I said quietly as I scoffed. I stood up and scooped her up carefully in my arms, trying not to wake her. I carried her through to the bedroom and put her back into bed, pulling the blankets back over her. I kissed her forehead before wandering back through to the lounge area. I picked up the big sheets of paper before sitting back on the sofa and beginning to read all of her ideas. I smiled to myself as I read through them all.

 


 

{3rd Person}
Jihun glanced at the door repeatedly as he prepared an American breakfast and a latte for Jian. He tried to be as quick as he could so she didn't wake up and catch him but he didn't want to rush it either. He plated up the food as he poured the latte into a mug. He smirked as he carefully designed a heart in the coffee on top of the mug. He left it on the dining table in the kitchen and quickly ran off to prepare something else. Jian was woken up by her alarm which wakes her up every morning at the same time. She grumbled as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She glanced to her side to find Jihun's side of the bed empty. She swung her legs out of bed and shuffled her feet into her slippers before wandering down the hallway towards the kitchen where she was expecting Jihun to be.

 

But instead she was greeted by the smell of coffee and delicious food. She glanced at the dining table to find a single red rose in a glass with a plate and a cup of coffee. Her eyes lit up as she sat down in front of it and looked around. She smiled at the rose and the heart on top of the coffee. "Thank you Jihun!~" She said out loud happily as she began eating the breakfast and drinking the coffee. She looked around for Jihun but he was still no where to be seen. She finished her breakfast and checked her phone. There were no messages from Jihun. Maybe he went out for something. She finished the coffee then placed the plate and the cup by the sink. She wandered back through to the bedroom as she laid on the bed and smiled happily at the nice breakfast which Jihun had made for her.

 

Meanwhile, Jihun was stood waiting for Jian in the garden. He checked the time on his watch and frowned. "Has she woken up? Has she seen it... aish..." He said quietly to himself.
"Where is she..?" Seungjun asked Jihun as he poked his head from around a tree. Jihun turned around and shrugged as he told Seungjun to get back into place. Seungjun raised his eyebrows as he went back beside the tree. Jihun sighed as pulled his phone out his pocket. He called Jian and held the phone to his ear.
"Oh! Jihun! Thank you for the lovely breakfast!" Jian said happily.
Jihun stuttered, "ah. That's fine. Did you eat and drink it all?" Jihun asked her confused.
"Yes! I ate all the food and I drank all the latte." She said happily.
"Can you wash up please? We have some visitors round soon and you can take the rose out the glass" Jihun asked her. Jian frowned at Jihun's unusual tone but agreed.

 

Jian wandered back through to the kitchen where she ran the hot water and began cleaning the plate and cup. She placed the plate on the draining board and the cup afterwards. But she noticed something on the cup. She paused and turned it around. Her eyes lit up and she froze as she placed the mug down carefully on the side in shock. 'Marry Me' was written inside of the mug. She began jumping around excitedly as she quickly ran over to the rose. She picked it up, thinking something might have been wrong with it too since Jihun mentioned it and a ring fell down the stem on to the table. Jian jumped around excitedly as she placed the ring on her finger before running around the house and squealing. But then she noticed something outside the back door. Jihun was stood there and he waved once he saw her.
"Come out!" He called out to her. Jian nodded as she didn't even bother about getting shoes and leaped outside in her slippers.

 

"I love you! I love you! I love you!" She shouted repeatedly as she jumped on to Jihun. She laughed and caught her in his arms as she wrapped her legs around him, giving him a bear hug. Suddenly, party poppers went off with multiple bangs which made Jian jump. She jumped down from Jihun and looked around to find everyone else clapping and cheering as they came out from hiding behind trees and other things around the garden.
"Double Ji! Woo!" Seungjun shouted loudly as everyone laughed. Jian grinned as he kissed Jihun quickly and he smiled to as he took her hand. He glanced down at the ring on her finger and looked back at her as he held up his hand with his matching ring on.

 


 

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! So the coffee bar has now closed, it's sad. Practically the whole story was based inside there. :( And there's also only 2 more chapters left of the story! So what do you think will happen in the end? Just wait and see ;)