Cocktails

I Like You A Latte

Cocktails

 

{Jian's POV}
I was busy wiping down the sides of the coffee bar when I noticed someone walk in. I stopped what I was doing and looked up. "Hello, welcome. Please find a table and we will come to you shortly." I told them politely as I bowed my head. The man was a middle aged man, wearing a suit. He had glasses and silver-coloured hair. He looked important and rich. The man shook his hand and his head.
"Can I speak to Kim Jihun please?" He asked me. I stuttered awkwardly when I heard footsteps behind me. Youjin appeared beside me and bowed to the man politely.
"Hello, I am Kim Youjin, one of the managers. Our boss is away on a business trip." Youjin told him with a smile. 
The man rolled his eyes, "It is important." He sighed.

 

"I will contact Boss right away and he will be back tomorrow since he is working down the country." Youjin told him. The man sighed again before nodding his head. He turned away to walk out and Youjin bowed fully and tapped my back. I quickly followed him and bowed fully until the man disappeared out the door.
"Who was that?" I whispered to Youjin as we both stood up straight.
"He is the owner of this hotel... this isn't a good sign." Youjin told me as he sighed. I looked at him with worry spread across my face.
"He wouldn't have found out about our issue right?" I asked Youjin. Youjin shook his head and frowned.
"No no. It's something else." Youjin said. "I'm going to go and call Jihun" He told me. I nodded to him and he quickly disappeared into Jihun's office.

 

"What's going on?" Mina asked me as she wandered through from the back room. I looked at her and pulled a face.
"The owner of the hotel just came in and he wanted to speak to Jihun." I told her. 
She looked at me shocked, "Do you know what it is about?" Mina asked me. I shook my head and we looked at each other worried. We heard a noise and turned around to find Youjin stood in Jihun's office door. 
"Jian, Jihun is on the phone. I've told him but he said he wants to speak to you." He told me. I nodded to him and quickly dashed into the office, closing the door behind me. I sat behind his desk and grinned because I was sat on his high back leather chair. I picked up the phone on the desk and held it to my ear.

 

"Oh I like sitting here. Your chair is so comfy!" I cried out happily, trying to take my mind off the owner of the hotel.
"Jian..." Jihun sighed. "I'm coming back tomorrow. I can tell you're worried since you're trying to change the topic of conversation. Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow and I will sort it out. It won't be anything big. Maybe just about how much we are earning or something..." Jihun reassured me. I sighed as I spun around on his chair. 
"Are you all coming back?" I asked Jihun.
"The others are going to stay here for a couple more days and then come back." Jihun told me. 
"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow." I said.
"Ok. I love you. Don't worry too much." He told me.
I smiled, "I love you too." I told him as I put the phone down.

 


 

{Jihun's POV}
"Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine." Jian told me as she straightened my tie for me and brushed down the shoulders of my suit jacket. I nodded to her as she gave me a reassuring smile. I headed out of my office and wandered through the coffee bar as Youjin and Mina stopped what they were doing to look at me. 
"Everyone carry on with what you're doing. I'm fine." I reassured them as I grew a fake smile on my face. They smiled to me awkwardly as I turned to face the door and my face dropped. The hotel owner had never been into the coffee bar before, even when my father owned it. The only time I had met the hotel owner was when I took the coffee bar over from my father. I knew it wouldn't have been good news, I just hoped the bad news isn't too bad.

 

Jian was also stood by my office door and watched me as I disappeared out of the front door and headed towards the main offices. 
I stood outside the office of the hotel owner and looked down at my feet. I breathed deeply trying to calm myself down. I sighed and waited as I checked my suit jacket multiple times to try and get rid of my nerves. "Kim Jihun, you can go in now" A woman told me as she opened the door to the office. I took one last deep breath as I wandered inside nervously. I bowed fully to the hotel owner who was sat on one of his leather chairs.
"Ah. Kim Jihun. Please sit down." He told me as he showed me to another leather chair beside him. I bowed my head as I nervously sat down and looked down at the floor awkwardly.

 

~

 

{3rd Person}
Youjin, Jian and Mina continued working once Jihun had left but none of them could focus properly. Their minds were filled with thoughts on Jihun and what the hotel owner needed to talk to him about. More time passed and Youjin glanced at the clock on the wall. There were no more customers and it was time to close the coffee bar. Youjin wandered towards the door as he turned the sign around to 'Closed'. Mina and Jian collapsed at a table in the coffee bar. Mina sighed and Jian rested on her elbows as she pouted. 
Suddenly, they all heard footsteps and looked towards the doors. Seungjun, Inseong and Heejun entered as they waved.
"Is Jihun still in the meeting?" Inseong asked the others. They nodded to him and he sighed as he sat down beside Jian.
"What are you doing back so early?" Youjin asked them with a frown.

 

"Ah. Mr Lee said we could come back early and we have done more than enough and he can manage now." Heejun told him. Youjin smiled and thanked them all. They all sat down around the same table and waited for Jihun. None of them spoke, silence filled the room, all of them were emotionless. They just hoped it was good news and not bad news. They heard footsteps again and all of their attentions flicked to the door. Jihun wandered in and they all jumped up. His eyes widened when he saw everyone there.
"What are you guys doing back?" He asked them confused.
"Mr Lee let us leave early and said he can manage now. I might go back tomorrow and see if he is ok still." Inseong told him. Jihun nodded to him and everyone sat back down as Jihun sat down with them. Everyone's attentions remained on Jihun as he sighed and loosened his tie.

 

"I have something to tell you all." Jihun said as everyone was silent. "I had a meeting with the hotel owner and he told me there is going to be some changes to the hotel." Jihun sighed. Everyone's faces dropped and the room was filled with anxiety, everyone felt worried and began panicking.
"The hotel has been having a lot of young adult guests recently and their high class guests have also been increasing, and a new coffee shop is being built across the road. Therefore, they have decided to change the coffee bar into a cocktail bar." Jihun explained to everyone. The room remained silent and everyone was shocked.
"But they can't do that!" Heejun whined loudly. 
"They can and they are. We have 1 month left of being a coffee bar since it gives everyone time to find new jobs. Everyone, I am so sorry." Jihun said as he bowed his head.

 

"So we can't work here anymore... they will hire bartenders?!" Mina cried out. Jihun glanced at her and nodded.
"I'm really sorry and I know it has come at a bad time. Mina is pregnant and we only recently hired Inseong. Everybody, I am really sorry." Jihun said again as he kept his head bowed. Jian looked across at him worriedly. from the other end of the table. She knew all Jihun wanted to do was protect the coffee bar for his father and now the coffee bar is closing, he must feel like he has failed.
"So what is going to happen now?" Youjin asked Jihun.
"We have a month left until the coffee bar closes so we can all find new jobs during that month. I need to go and visit my father and also Mr Lee to tell them both the news..." Jihun began explaining but he stopped and sighed loudly as he looked down at the floor.

 

Everyone sat quietly with their heads bowed after the news. No one knew what to think or what to say. Suddenly, a chair squeaked along the floor which made everyone jump. Seungjun jumped up and stood up. "Then let's make this last month something special!" Seungjun said happily. Everyone began to grow smiles on their faces as Heejun jumped up and cheered.
"We will make our last month something to remember!" Heejun shouted as he ran around everyone grinning. Everyone smiled and agreed happily. Jian moved and sat beside Jihun as he picked his chin up and turned him to face her.
"It'll all be ok Jihun. We can do it." Jian reassured him as she comforted him. Jihun smiled to her and nodded.