Red Eye

I Like You A Latte

Red Eye

 

{Jihun's POV}
"Jihun..." She stuttered quietly as she opened her eyes. I panicked and dropped her back on the bed gently as I froze. She sat up and looked at me. I stumbled back and fell over the edge of her rug. I fell backwards and slammed my hands down the wooden floor to break my fall. Her eyes widened and I quickly jumped up. I wandered over to her desk and sat down on her desk chair as she followed me and sat on the edge of her bed. "Uh. What are these for?" I asked her as I pointed to all the photos on her pinboard which I had just found.

 

Suddenly she shot up and quickly stood in front of the pinboard, blocking my view from it. I sat still and looked up at her. She frowned and stepped closer to me, bending down slightly so her face was the same level as mine. She looked at me closely, "You know don't you?" She asked me. I gulped and nodded to her. She sighed and sat back on her bed with her head bowed. 
"I know everything. I know you've forgotten your coffee skills and now I know that you've forgotten everyone." I told her. She closed her eyes and sighed deepily
"When did you find out?" She asked me.
"When you fell asleep at the coffee shop a while ago. I found your book." I told her again.

 

Her head shot up and she looked at me as she frowned, "But the book was in my locker. Why?! Why didn't you tell me that you knew?!" She whined to me.
I scoffed and shook my head, "I didn't want to make things harder for you! I wanted you to tell me when you were ready!" I complained to her. She bowed her head again and stayed silent.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied to you. I'm sorry I made mistakes." She said quietly as she kept her head down.
"It must have been hard on you." I sighed. Her eyes widened but she kept her head down, "It must have been really hard on you..."

 

"So what happens now? Are you going to fire me?" Jian asked me as I stood by her front door pulling on my shoes. I scoffed and shook my head. I looked up at her and I grabbed my backpack.
"Of course I'm not. We just go back to normal. Under one condition." I told her and I pulled my backpack on as she frowned. "You will let me help you. I'll help you learn all the different types of coffee, I'll help you with anything. If you get stuck or confused, you come to me and I will help you." I told her afterwards. She nodded quietly and I pulled open her apartment door and walked out.
"Thank you Jihun. For everything." She said to me as she stood in the doorway. I smiled to her and she smiled back.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
I headed into work and greeted everyone as I walked through. I wandered past Jihun's office door which was open to the back room. I looked inside as I walked past. He was sat at his desk and looked up. We quickly smiled to each before I disappeared into the back room. A couple of weeks past since Jihun told me that he knew about my amnesia. I had made less mistakes at work and Jihun had helped me a lot. Three times a week Jihun and I stayed behind after work, in order for Jihun to teach me about the different types of coffee again.

 

"You seem happy today?" Youjin asked me as we were stood side by side washing cups and mugs at the sink. I looked across at him and smirked. He looked across and frowned. "Tell me." He said with a smirk. I shook my head and continued washing the cups.
"Jihun knows and he's ok about it" I whispered to Youjin. His eyes widened and a smile grew on his face.
"Eh?! Really?! Woah~" He said as he held out his hand and I gave him a high five. We smiled to each other before continuing to wash up.

 

The day went fast and before I knew it everyone was getting ready to leave in the back room, apart from me. "Oh! Noona?! Are you not leaving?" Heejun asked me as he grinned. 
I shook my head and smiled to him, "I'm going to stay and clean" I told him. He opened his eyes wide and looked at everyone surprised.
"Heol!~ Did Noona just say that?!" He cried out as everyone started laughing. We all left the back room and I stood by the entrance as I waved to everyone. They all waved and disappeared into the lift in the corridor.

 

"Red eye!" I heard someone call behind me. I swung around to find Jihun as the front doors closed to behind me. I frowned and touched around my eye. He burst out laughing and I quickly ran up to the nearest mirror I could find which was in the shiny metal of the coffee machine. I stuttered and frowned. I didn't have a red eye.
"Red eye is a type of coffee" He said as he laughed quietly. I grimaced and whined as I looked across at him. 
"Red eye... red eye... red eye..." I said to myself quietly. "Espresso?" I asked him and he held up his thumbs.
"Small amount of espresso, large amount of coffee." He told me as he wandered and sat down on the stool opposite the coffee machine and me.

 

I slid the cup of coffee towards him and he smirked. He took a sip and his eyes lit up. "Perfect." He said happily. My eyes widened and a big smile grew on my face.
"Really?!" I said surprised as he nodded whilst smiling. 
"Ok. Hm~ Espresso con panna!" Jihun said as he continued drinking the coffee. I nodded to him and stood thinking.
"Ah! I know! I know! Small amount of espresso... and whipped cream!" I said excitedly as I clapped. He smirked and I began making the coffee. I poured expresso into a cup and crouched down to get the can of whipped cream from the fridge. I stood back up and took the lid off, attempting to press down on the top of the can.

 

I started struggling because the can of whipped cream was new and it wouldn't squirt out any cream. "Oh! Hold on! Sometimes the new ones are tough to start." Jihun said as he noticed me struggling. He wandered around to my side and I handed him the can of whipped cream. As he pressed down on the top of the can, we heard a crack sound and whipped cream sprayed at my face.
"Oh." He said as I stood with a straight face and wiped the cream from my face. He burst out laughing and I quickly snatched the can from his hands. 
"Jian! No!" He cried out. I quickly squirted whipped cream at him and smiled proudly. He scoffed and wiped the cream off his face as I placed the can on the side. "You seriously did not just do that?" He said sternly as he looked across at me. I started laughing and a smile grew on his face.

 

{Jihun's POV}
After we laughed for a while, I turned around to walk back to my seat when I noticed Seungjun stood by the front doors. My eyes widened and he waved. He wandered towards us and Jian bowed to greet him. 
"Oh! Seungjun!" I cried out surprised.
"Well this looks cosy." He said with a smirk. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly and he bowed his head to Jian.
"Hello. My name is Park Seungjun, Jihun's boyfriend." Seungjun told her.

 

"Yah!" I cried out as I hit his arm. He whined loudly and held his arm. "Aish~ he isn't. He isn't." I told Jian with a smile. She laughed quietly and nodded.
"Hello. My name is Kim Jian, one of Jihun's staff." She said to Seungjun. His eyes widened slightly and I glared at him before he said anything to her.
"Ah! You're Jian. The Kim Jian that Jihun won't shut up about." He said as he winked to me. I pressed my hands against my face embarrassed and kicked his leg secretly at which he whined at again.

 

"Shut up now." I told him quietly and he just stood with a grin on his face. Jian laughed quietly and I turned around to her. 
"I'll be leaving now. Thank you Jihun." She said happily as she pulled on her jacket and grabbed her bag from the side. I stuttered and she bowed her head to both of us before disappearing out of the front entrance. I looked across at Seungjun who was sat on the stool finishing off my coffee from earlier. He looked at me and smirked. I glared at him and he shrugged like he had done nothing wrong.

 

"Ah~ I interrupted didn't I?" He sighed with a guilty face.
"No, it's fine. Don't worry." I told him as I leant against the bar.
"You like her don't you?" He asked me with a smirk. 
I shook my head, "No! I'm just helping her." I said as I rolled my eyes. He pointed towards the door and raised his eyebrows.
"Go. Go after her. You'll regret it." He told me. I shook my head and folded my arms. He glanced down at his watch and widened his eyes. "Oh! Is that the time?! Woah~ maybe I should go and walk her home." He said surprised. I glanced down at my watch and quickly grabbed my jacket from the side.

 

I repeatedly pressed the buttons on all of the lifts and darted into the first one which opened. I waited impatiently and tapped my foot in the lift as it went down through the floors. When it reached the ground floor, I ran out and towards the entrance of the hotel. I looked both ways of the street. "Aish~ which way did she live again?" I said to myself as I ran towards the left. I ran down the street and looked around. I stopped abruptly when I saw her in front of me.
"Jian!" I called out to her loudly and she stopped suddenly.