Iced Americano

I Like You A Latte

Iced Americano

 

{Jihun's POV}
I stood outside ringing the intercom repeatedly. "Alright! I'm coming!" I heard someone call. I stepped to the side as the door open and Seungjun stood in the doorway, rubbing his eyes.
"I knew it was you. Only you ring repeatedly." He grumbled as I followed him inside, closing the door behind me.
"Were you sleeping?! Omo! At 8pm?!" I cried out as I scoffed. He pulled a face and pouted as I sat down in one of his chairs.
"Where did you go today?" Seungjun asked me as he leant forward and picked a leaf out of my hair and frowned.
"I had to go to the coffee bean suppliers so they could sign some paperwork then we had a look around their farm." I explained him.
"We?!" He said surprised as his eyes widened.
"Oh. I took Jian with me." I told him with a smile.

 

"Oh~ you took Jian did you..." He said with a smirk. I frowned at him and nodded. "Why did you take her? All you needed to do was sign paperwork..?" He asked me, still with a smirk.
"Just. You know. So she could see how a coffee bean farm works..." I stuttered to him as I shrugged.
"I'm not even a barista and I know how a coffee bean farm works. You took her to spend more time with her, right?" He asked me as he smirked. I rolled my eyes and sighed before shaking my head to him. "Hm~ ok!" He said as he winked.
"Believe what you want to believe." I grumbled.
"Oh I will." He said proudly. 
"Did you have fun?" He quickly asked me and without thinking I nodded my head with a big grin. I grimaced and bowed my head as he chuckled because he had caught me out.

 

He disappeared and came back through with two drinks. He passed me one before sitting back down on one of the chairs. "I found out what happened to Jian. Her accident." I said to Seungjun. His attention flicked to me as his eyes widened.
"She was walking under a construction frame attached to the side of a building when the wooden planks above her became loose and swung down, knocking her out." I explained to him.
"So it hit her head?" Seungjun asked me. I nodded to him and he reached across, grabbing a textbook from his coffee table. He opened his textbook and began flicking through pages.
"Has she forgotten anything else or just how to make coffee?" Seungjun asked me. I thought for a couple of seconds as my eyes wandered around the room.

 

"Just how to make coffee I think" I told him as he flicked through a couple of pages and slammed his hand down on the pages he had found as he smiled. He began reading through quickly. 
"Ok. There are many different types of amnesia. So I don't know which type she has. I don't know without doing tests. Jihun, it is really difficult to find out which type she has." Seungjun told me seriously. I sighed and shook my head.
"Do you think she'll remember again?" I asked him.
Seungjun shrugged, "It depends. She might regain her memories or she might not. It depends what type of amnesia she has and if she remembers them, it could be days, months or years." He said. I nodded him as he looked at me closely.

 

"What?! Stop staring at me!" I whined as I threw a cushion at him. He chuckled and caught the pillow in his hands as he began hugging it and rested his chin on the top. 
"Do you like Jian?" He asked me. I frowned at him in disbelief amd scoffed.
"Of course I don't!" I cried out as I scanned around the sofa near me for another cushion to throw at him. He smirked and nodded slowly. "Ugh! Seungjun! Believe what you want to believe!" I shouted at him as I rolled my eyes. He pouted and looked across at me.
"You didn't have to shout at me! I'm not scratching your back now." He grumbled at me as he folded his arms.

 

"Oh come on!" I cried out as I chuckled. I ran up and jumped on top of him as he shouted and squealed.
"You can make me an Iced Americano" He said as he wiggled his eyebrows. I scoffed and nodded to him as I wandered through to his kitchen. 
"Do you have some ice cubes?" I asked him as I looked across at him. He nodded and pointed towards his freezer. I smiled and began looking through his cupboard with all his coffee in. I began preparing the coffee machine as I got the cup ready. "Oh! You're keeping this nice and clean!" I said proudly as I looked at the coffee machine which I had gifted him.

 

I wandered back through and handed Seungjun his glass of Iced Americano. He jumped up and sat up properly as he took it in his hands. "Thank you Jihun!" He said happily with a grin. I scoffed as I glared at him.
"So does anyone else know about Jian?" Seungjun asked me.
I shrugged, "I think Youjin does. But I'm not sure." I told him.
"Ah~ Kim Youjin. So he still works there. Why don't you ask him and see what his reaction is?" Seungjun suggested.
"But what if he doesn't know..." I stuttered. We both sighed as we looked at each other. Neither of us knew what to do next.

 


 

{3rd Person}
Jihun wandered out of his office and looked around. He found Youjin alone behind the coffee bar. "Where is everyone..?" Jihun asked him as he walked behind the coffee bar and leant against a counter.
"Ah! Jian is on her lunch break, Mina is round the corner collecting orders and it is Heejun's day off today." Youjin explained to him. Jihun nodded before he looked around the corner to find Mina collecting orders at a table. Youjin continued cleaning as Jihun stood quietly.
"Do you know if anyone is learning new skills?" Jihun asked Youjin. Youjin looked around at him and frowned. He shrugged and shook his head.

 

"Not that I know of..." Youjin stuttered.
Jihun raised his eyebrows, "Ah. It is was because I found a book about coffee making. I just thought someone was trying to learn new skills." Jihun explained to Youjin. Youjin quickly looked away as his eyes widened. He gulped quietly. Did Jian still have that book from the library? Was she reading it and still trying to remember? Youjin sighed quietly as Jihun tried to watch his reactions closely. 
"Oh well. I'm not sure. It's not mine." Youjin stuttered as he nervously laughed. Jihun just smiled and nodded silently.
"Here you go!" Mina called out happily as she gave Youjin a piece of paper which broke the silence. Youjin smiled to her as he took the piece of paper with orders on.

 

"Oh! Boss!" Mina shouted out surprised when she found Jihun stood in the corner. He smiled to her and she bowed her head before quickly running off to do more jobs.
"Are you going to ask the others about the book..?" Youjin stuttered to Jihun. Jihun's eyes wandered around the room as he smirked.
"Yes. I will ask them later. If they want to learn more, I am happy to train to them." Jihun told Youjin as he smiled. Youjin just nodded quietly and continued making the order. Jihun smirked as he wandered back into his office. Youjin definitely knew about the book, which meant he also knew about Jian's amnesia.

 

{Jian's POV}
I walked back into the coffee bar after my lunch break. I waved to Mina who was busy making coffee and Youjin glanced up at me as he was writing a customer's orders down. His eyes widened and I frowned at him. He finished the order and walked to Mina. He passed her the piece of paper then turned to look at me. 
"Jian, I need to talk to you about something." Youjin told me with a serious expression on his face. I frowned and nodded to him as he began to walk towards the back room. I followed him and glanced at Mina on the way who pulled a face and shrugged to me. He led me into the back room and shut the door behind me.

 

"The book. The one you got from the library which I saw." Youjin began.
"What about it..?" I stuttered confused as I frowned.
"Do you still have it?" He asked me.
I nodded awkwardly and Youjin sighed loudly, "Jian!" He whined.
"But I don't use it very often now. It's just in my locker..." I sighed. He grimaced and shook his head. "I know! I know! I will take it back later! I don't need it now, I will get rid of it!" I cried out.
"Jihun's seen it." He sighed.
"Jihun's seen what?" I said confused.
"The book! Jihun's seen the book!" He said in an angry tone. I froze and went into a daze. Jihun had seen my book... but when..?

 

"That doesn't mean he knows, right?! He might just think I'm learning new skills to make myself better?! There's no way he could have thought..." I rambled as I began panicking.
"Well let's hope so." Youjin sighed as he folded his arms. Suddenly the door opened, we both jumped but sighed with relief when Mina wandered in. She looked surprised and looked at both of us.
"Did I interrupt..." She stuttered awkwardly. We both shook our heads and smiled. "Is there something going on between you..." She asked us with a frown. I began laughing and they both looked at me.
"Of course not!" I shouted out as I laughed. Mina began laughing with me and nodded. I smiled to them before quickly escaping.

 

Since when had Jihun seen my book? I can't remember when he could have seen it. I always kept it hidden in my locker. He doesn't know about my amnesia does he..? Youjin wouldn't have told him... I sighed and held my head in my hands.