Rice Porridge

I Like You A Latte

Rice Porridge

 

{Jihun's POV}
I wandered into the coffee bar to be greeted by Youjin and Heejun who were busy working. I smiled to them as they smiled back and bowed their heads slightly. I walked into my office and put my bag down on my desk. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Mina walk past the door with a tray towards the tables. After sorting all my things out, I strolled out of my office and had a look around to make sure everything was going alright. But there was no sign of Jian. I stopped at the bar and leaned on my arm on it. "Uhm. Heejun, where's Jian today?" I asked him. He jumped and glanced up at me whilst he was making some drinks at the coffee machine.
"Oh! Noona rang and said she wasn't feeling well." Heejun told me with a smile.

 

I nodded to him and walked away. I looked around before bumping into Youjin. "Ah! Jian is sick today. She rang earlier." He informed me. I nodded to him and thanked him. 
"Is... is it common?" I stuttered to him.
"Is what common?" He said confused.
"Jian. Does she sometimes get sick?" I asked him.
He shook his head, "She never has any days off. She doesn't usually get sick." Youjin told me. I nodded to him and he bowed his head before quickly running off towards a customer. I reached my office and sighed. Should I call her? No no. What if she's sleeping. I sat down at my desk and logged in to my computer.

 

I clicked on to the staff records and looked at Jian's. "No days off ill. Takes her holiday days. But she's never had any days off because of sickness." I sighed as I looked through it on the computer. Is there something wrong with her? Should I check on her? No no. I can't do that. I can't go and check on her. Would that be strange? It wouldn't be strange right? I leant back in my chair and thought for a while. No. I can't go. Time to get on with work. I sat back up straight and started getting on with my work on my computer.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
I was laid in bed surrounded by tissues, empty bottles of cold water and cough sweets. I felt horrible and rough. I had never felt this ill in ages. I never got sick. But this time I had. Suddenly, my intercom rang which made me jump. I grumbled and managed to pull myself up and out of bed. I slipped my feet into my slippers and dragged myself slowly towards the front door in a daze. I didn't even look at the screen on the intercom and just went straight to pushing the door open. "Oh~" I mumbled as I saw Jihun stood in the corridor. 
"Jian..." He stuttered and I dropped my head as I had no energy.
"I'm fine. Just go." I mumbled again before letting go of the door and shuffling my feet back into my apartment.

 

"Nice." Someone said behind me which made me jump. I turned around and Jihun was stood behind me. I sighed and he scoffed, "If you didn't want to me to come in, you should have shut the door. You just let it go so I had a chance to grab it." He explained to me as he looked around. I grumbled and attempted to push him back towards the entrance. But I had no energy and he walked straight past me, back into the main area of my apartment.
"You wouldn't be kicking me out if you knew I was going to cook you some food." He said as he took his backpack off and began pulling a bag full of ingredients out. I sighed and nodded as I collapsed back onto my sofa.

 

"Have you had some medicine?" Jihun asked me. I shook my head and he frowned. "Have you even been out of your apartment?" He then asked me as I shook my head again. He reached into his backpack and pulled out another small bag which was medicine and handed it to me. I took it in my hands and thanked him. He wandered into my kitchen and began looking around in all the cupboards to see where everything was.
"Youjin told me that you never usually get sick." He shouted from the kitchen. I grumbled and he looked at me and smirked.

 

"Jihun, why are you here?" I sighed as I sat laid back on my sofa.
"To help you get better. I can't have you having time off work. I need you to get better soon so you can work." He explained to me. I rolled my eyes and he turned around to begin cooking. I looked down at the medicine which he had given to me then looked back at him. Did you mean that? Are you really here because you want me to get back to work quickly? I watched him cooking for a while as I curled up on the sofa. I would offer to help him but I don't have the energy and I know he would just refuse anyway.

 


 

{Jian's POV}
"Come and eat" I heard Jihun say as I pulled myself up. He walked towards me and held out his hands. "You really have no energy at all." He sighed as he glanced to see if I had taken the medicine, which I had. I attempted to pull myself up without his help but ended up stumbling back on my own. He sighed loudly and took my hands in his as he pulled me up gently. He let go and I followed him slowly to the table where he had laid out the dishes and rice porridge. I sat down opposite him and he put his elbows on the table as he rested on his arms. I picked up my spoon and looked up at him.
"Are you not eating?" I asked him. He smiled and shook his head.

 

"Thank you for the food." I said to him before I began eating slowly. I managed to eat the food and glanced up every so often to find him sat watching me. "What about the coffee bar?" I asked him as I continued eating.
"I put Youjin in charge. He's making sure the others are working" He explained to me. I made an 'ah' sound before I nodded.
"Wait. Does he know you are here?!" I cried out before coughing. He quickly pushed a glass of water in front of me as he shook his head.
"No one knows I'm here. I told them I had some business to attend to" He told me as I nodded again.

 

{Jihun's POV}
I finished cleaning the dishes in the kitchen and wandered back through to the main area of the apartment towards where Jian was laid on the sofa. "Jian-" I began but looked at her to find her fast asleep on the sofa curled up. I paused and crouched down beside.her. She was fast asleep and had gained some colour in her skin so she wasn't so pale. The medicine and the food must have made her feel better. I smiled and felt her forehead gently. She was a normal temperature and her fever had subsided. I stood back up and looked around. The wall behind her was full of photos in frames so I wandered across to have a look at them.

 

I looked at all of them quickly but one photo caught my attention. My father. A picture in a large frame of my father and Jian who was holding her certificate for becoming a qualified barista. I smiled happily as I ran my finger along the edge of the frame. After looking at the photos I went back to Jian who was still fast asleep. I bent down and scooped her up carefully in my arms. I carried her carefully down the corridor and looked for her bedroom. I used my back to push open a door which revealed a bedroom which had a definite flower theme. I carefully placed her onto her bed which had flower patterned sheets. I placed a blanket over her and went to walk out of her bedroom but something caught my eye.

 

I slowly turned around to look at a pin board on the wall. There were photos, stickie notes and lines of string connecting the photos. I studied it closely. "Kim Jihun - new owner, appears strict and rude but is actually a giant squishball" I said to myself quietly and scoffed afterwards. Squishball?! "Kim Youjin... Oh Heejun... Lee Mina..." I read as the lines of string connected everyone. I frowned and then glanced upwards at the title on the top of the board. "Memory board... memory board!" I cried out quietly as my eyes widened. She hadn't just forgotten her coffee making skills, but she had also forgotten everyone she knew before her accident...

 

I sunk to the ground and closed my eyes. If things weren't hard enough with her forgotten her coffee making skills, she had also forgotten everyone she knew before her accident. Everything must had been so hard for her, everything must had been a struggle, and she didn't tell any of us. Wait. Does Youjin know? But I never see him helping her... I stood up as I sighed and shook my head to myself whilst I began to walk out. I stopped abruptly and swung around at Jian. Wait! I shouldn't have brought her in here! Now she will know that I know! She would know that I would have seen the board! I grimaced and whined quietly. Wait. Maybe I can carry her back out and put her back on the sofa. I quietly approached her and bent down to scoop her back up.

 

"Jihun..." She stuttered quietly as she opened her eyes. I panicked and dropped her back on the bed gently as I froze.

 


 

Author's Note: Apologies my lovelies, I started university last week and my classes started this week so everything is really busy, but I'll be back on track and updating chapters regulary, thank you for waiting! And thank you to all my new lovely subscribers, I hope you are enjoying the story! I would love to see some more comments :)