My girl

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung peeked into the room, her cheeks naturally pulling into a smile when she saw the person she was looking for standing at her desk fiddling with her phone.

She stepped in and closed the door behind her as quietly as possible, but Taeyeon still heard her come in and looked up to see who it was.

"Hi there," Miyoung greeted affectionately, making her way across the room, careful not to step on the jigsaw puzzle pieces dispersed on the floor near a half-finished puzzle.

"Hi."

The corners of Taeyeon's lips lifted slightly as Miyoung reached her and tugged her closer by her waist. Her own arms naturally curled around Miyoung's waist, making the girl's smile widen even further.

Miyoung was never absolutely sure where Taeyeon stood, but she was learning the little signs.

"What were you doing?"

"Mmm, just scrolling through reddit, reading the news." Taeyeon tried to get her baby hairs out of her face with a slight flick of her head, but they still floated back down over her eyelashes. "What were you up to?" 

"Looking for you," Miyoung answered honestly, reaching up to brush the stubborn strands behind the other girl's ear.

Taeyeon's blush was another one of those signs.

"Are you ready?" Prompted Miyoung, when she got no response

"Mmm, I think so. I was just waiting."

"You look cute," Miyoung hummed, her heart stuttering at her own bold words.

"No, you," Taeyeon replied softly, and Miyoung beamed. Even if the shyer girl wasn't as straightforward, she couldn't help but feel her heartbeat pitter patter unevenly against her lungs and white, silent, giggles filled her chest, making it hard to breathe in.

She pulled her arms from Taeyeon's waist and wrapped them around her girlfriend's (she could call her that, right?) neck. Looking at her phone over Taeyeon's shoulder, she searched up a song on Spotify and pressed play before putting her phone down on the other girl's desk and bringing her arm back up, lacing her fingers together.

A light strum of the guitar surrounded them.

"What is this?" Taeyeon asked, not recognizing the tune. She never knew the songs Miyoung danced and sang along to at parties, but that's okay, she could still hold her hands or her waist and just let the melody wash over her, just let Miyoung sway her.

"Just listen," Miyoung grinned.

Just like that.

I'm acting so strange

They're so " pretty, it hurts," Miyoung sang along quietly, "I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls. You're so pretty with your button up shirts," she grinned, tugging on the collar o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter