Midnight Bus

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss? Miss, it's the last stop."

Taeyeon groggily sat up. "Huh? Oh." She rubbed her eyes as she looked up at the woman who woke her.

"Shoot, it's 1 am," she muttered, seeing the time on her watch.

"Thanks," she mumbled, getting off the bus sleepily. It was probably the wrong stop, but it wasn't Tiffany's problem. She shook her head and closed the doors, heading off to the bus park.

"Excuse me, miss? It's the last stop."

Tiffany vaguely wondered what job she had to make this cute looking girl fall asleep on the midnight bus two nights in a row.

The girl suddenly sat up straight, waking up, before seeing Tiffany.

"Oh, it's you again. Thank you..."

"Tiffany."

"Thank you, Tiffany."

As soon as she got off the bus, Tiffany closed the doors and drove off, wanting to go home and sleep.

"Hello, um, miss. It's the last stop again."

The third night in a row. The girl yawned and stretched rather adorably as she got up.

"Thanks. I never introduced myself. I'm Taeyeon. Thank you, Tiffany-ssi."

They smiled at each other before they did their nightly ritual of Taeyeon getting off the bus and Tiffany driving away.

"Taeyeon-ssi...wake up, it's the last stop."

Taeyeon rubbed her eyes as she slowly sat up, looking around before recognizing the bus's interior.

"Sorry, Tiffany-ssi."

As Tiffany drove away again, she saw Taeyeon getting into a taxi driven by some man and frowned.

"A cute girl like her...sleepy and in a taxi with a shady man..."

Tiffany shook her head. "Aish, why do I even care?"

"Taeyeon-ssi. Taeyeon-ssi. Taeyeon-ssi!"

Taeyeon shot up. "I'm awake! Oh, wait..."

"Sorry, Taeyeon-ssi," Tiffany said apologetically.

Taeyeon looked outside the bus. "Where are we?"

"Oh we're at the bus car park. I thought it was dangerous to let you go in a taxi, so if you'd like, I could drive you home..."

Taeyeon nodded, "Okay, thanks. I hope you're not kidnapping me."

Tiffany smiled. "I'm not. And you can tell me your address or just somewhere near."

"Can you take me to XX park?"

"How old are you, Tiffany-ssi?" Taeyeon asked quietly, half asleep again and in Tiffany's car.

"23."

"I'm 27. You've driven me home. Let's drop the honorifics."

Tiffany smiled. "Okay, Taeyeon."

Tiffany gently lifted the small girl into her arms. The girl just looked so tired today that Tiffany didn't want to wake her up from her well needed rest.

Tiffany watched the girl sleep, mumbling long incomprehensible syllables.

Tiffany only woke up Taeyeon twenty minutes later when they were at the park.

"You didn't wake me?" Taeyeon asked, surprised.

"You looked tired, I thought you might need the rest."

Taeyeon smiled gratefully. "Thanks,"

"Don't mention it."

"Tae?"

"Mmm?"

"What do you work as to make you up so late?"

"I'm in a residency program at the hospital and I have shifts that end really late."

"Oh, wow. Miss Doctor, huh?"

"Hey, Tae. I didn't see you yesterday, I thought something happened to you."

"I covered my friend's shift so I stayed at the hospital until 6 am."

"Oh, that must be tiring. At least you didn't get hurt like I thought you were."

Taeyeon smiled a tired smile. "You worried about me?"

"I thought a taxi driver kidnapped you or something."

Taeyeon laughed. "Well, next time I don't come, you can call me." She wrote down her phone number on a piece of paper.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. "Is this your way of giving me your number?"

"M-maybe."

Tiffany grinned. "I'll text you."

"Just don't be worried tomorrow if I don't reply or come. I have a day off and I plan to spend it sleeping."

"Yesterday I almost drove to your park out of habit even though you weren't here," Tiffany confessed to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon, though she was tired, always tried to stay awake so she could talk to Tiffany. Not just to be polite;their first few rides were spent in silence as she slept after all, but she genuinely enjoyed discovering new things about her bus driver.

"Oh my god, really? Getting too used to me already, are you?"

"Oh, shut up." But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter