Puppy Love 2

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oof. This came out more k-drama ish than I was going for. I kind of hate it but im out of juice so screw it.

"Tiffany?"

You turned your head towards the source of the voice to see Umma poke her head in, looking around for Mommy. You stared at her curiously and she smiled, walking over to you.

"Hi, baby!" She cooed, leaning over the edge of the bed to give you kiss on the forehead. You laughed seeing her cheeks crinkle her eyes in her smile and you pawed at her face, grabbing it with both your little hands.

"Hi, cutie!" She cooed again, and you giggled when you felt the skin under your hands move. 

"Do you know where mommy is?"

You just stared at her in reply. She knew your answer anyways.

"Wanna come find her with me then?"

You blinked and smiled, and she did too. Moving her face away from your hands, she helped you off the bed.

You were a hybrid and your puppy senses quickly went to work, sniffing out the familiar strawberry scent you had come to associate with love and care. You tugged on Umma's hand, running quickly as you followed the trail. Well, in your head, you imagined that you were running quickly. In all honesty, you were a toddler and you just toddled as quickly as you could towards where you knew Mommy was, Taeyeon just trying to make sure you didn't fall and hurt yourself.

Your little tail waved back and forth when the scents in the air became more saturated with her's and you eagerly made your way through Moms' bedroom into their walk-in closet.

"Mi?" 

Eye smiling mom turned around and her smile lived up to her nickname when she saw you and Taetae umma together.

"Hi babies!"

Wanting a hug from her, you broke out of your smaller umma's hand hold and went to Fany Mommy with your arms raised up. She did as you asked and picked you up, patting your back gently.

"You're such a good girl. Mommy's little girl. Good girl..."

Like the puppy you were, your tail swished back and forth joyfully as pretty mommy(not that your other mom wasn't pretty, but this mom was very pretty) scratched your scalp behind your ears.

"Hey, Taetae?"

"Yeah, Mi?"

"Do you think it's almost time to send her to preschool? She's so smart and she's such a good girl..."

Preschool? What's that?

You didn't know what they were talking about, and as you leaned against your mommy's shoulder, one of her hands gently rubbing behind your ears, you grew sleepy and tired. Closing your eyes, you listened to their conversation.

"I don't know, Fany-ah. She doesn't even speak...I don't know if she's ready."

"I know, but she can understand us and make noises, so it's not like she can't speak."

"I think maybe we should send her to therapy."

Your mommy was silent for a minute.

"You think she doesn't speak because of her old...owners?"

You woke up when you heard that, raising your head up a bit to look at your parents. They looked worried, and you hugged Tiffany tighter so she wouldn't worry.

As a doctor and a lawyer, it wasn't hard for them to figure out what your old owners were like as soon as they had seen the bruises on your body when you had first arrived. Those bruises were long gone by now, thanks to Taeyeon umma's gels and medicines, but you could tell it still bothered them a bit.

"I've seen a few kids in my office who've gone through things ilke her...They're just like her, Fany."

"Hmm...maybe. We'll talk about it later."

She shifted you a bit to look at you, and you stared right back with curious eyes.

"Mommy's going to make dinner now. What do you wanna eat, baby?"

Meat, meat, meat!

"How about some dumplings?"

"Yum! Dumplings!" Tae umma chimed in, and you nodded.

"Let's go then!"

She put you down in the living room and Taeyeon gave you a box with holes and some shapes and you put them one by one into their spots. It was hard, especially the star, but you figured it out.

"Wow, good job, baby!" 

You giggled when Taeyeon "tackled" you, rubbing your stomach and kissing your little nose. You hugged her face with your entire body, and she turned around onto her back so you were lying on top of her head.

"Fany?" She tried to say, her voice muffled. You laughed 'cause it felt weird on your tummy.

You heard footsteps and a laugh behind you, followed by a click. Then you were floating with two hands holding your waist and lifting you up.

"You're such a cute puppy! Our little puppy!"

Taeyeon sat up and nuzzled her nose against yours, giving you more kisses and hugs.

"Dinner's ready!"

Taeyeon, the dorky mom, grinned at you and rushed towards the kitchen with you in her arms, yelling "FOOD!"

She sat at the table with you sitting on her lap.

"One plate for the little baby," Tiffany said, placing a small plate in front of you, "And one plate for the big baby."

"Yah, Fany~"

"Don't worry, I think you're both cute."

You ignored their conversation, trying to pick up a dumpling. It was big, for you at least, and slippery, and it kept slipping out of your hands.

"Aigoo, baby, here, let umma help."

With your umma using a spoon to feed you, you happily ate your pork dumplings, ears twitching and tail wagging in joy.

You loved your Fany umma and your Tae umma, and they loved you.

You cried, screaming and whimpering as your moms kissed you on the forehead.

"We'll be back honey, shhhh...." Taeyeon your head with worry. You saw her glance at the unfamiliar lady across from you with worry, though she smiled back.

Don't leave me! Don't leave me alone! Come back!

You sobbed when the door closed behind them, feeling helpless. You saw their eyes as they left, nearly crying with worry themselves when they made eye contact with your own tear filled eyes.

Mommy! Umma! Don't leave!

You barely registered the therapist calling out your name. You looked up at her, upset.

"Your mommies will come back, honey. Don't worry. They seem to love you very much."

You sniffed, wiping your eyes with the back of your hand.

"Your mommies are very pretty, aren't they?"

You nodded. They were. Especially Fany mommy. 

"Do you love your mommies a lot?"

You nodded furiously.

"Aww, that's sweet. Did you guys do anything special today?"

You thought for a minute, then shook your head. You just went to the store today, nothing special.

"Do you have a favorite moment with your mommies?"

You nodded your head immediately.

"Can you tell me what it is?"

You opened your mouth, but all that came out was a quiet whimper.

"Do you like drawing? Why don't you draw it?"

You nodded, taking the paper and the box of crayons she offered you. You spent the rest of the session drawing, and subconsciously, a little smile grew on your face.

When time was up and you were done, she took the drawing.

"This is really good! Can I keep it, or do you want it?"

You shook her head and she wrote on a post it note, sticking it onto the drawing before standing up.

"Let's go find your mommies, shall we?"

You nodded quickly and she held your hand, leading you out of the room. You found your moms sitting nervously, looking worried, in the waiting room.

You broke free from your therapist's hold, running over to them and hugging your mommy's leg tightly. She and umma smiled at you, giving you a little hug,

"How was she?"

"She was a very good girl. I had her draw today, and she seemed to like it. She loves you guys a lot."

"And we love you too, baby," Taeyeon smiled at you, kissing your chubby cheek. 

The lady kneeled down and you looked at her. "It was nice meeting you today! I'll see you next week, okay?"

You didn't react, even as your parents bid the lady goodbye and you went home.

You clung to them for the rest of the day. They thought it was adorable how you wouldn't let them go, even in your sleep.

The therapy continued. Every week, she would ask you a question, and you would have to draw whatever your answer was.

It was nice, and you grew to love and trust her too, but you still didn't dare to speak.

"Do you wanna go on a walk?"

Walk? Walk!

You ran towards umma, excited for a walk. Your tail wagged back and forth quickly and you were practically bouncing with energy. You like walks. Walks are nice.

"Why don't you take her to the grocery store instead? We need to buy groceries."

"Oh. Good idea, Fany-ah."

"I know. I'm your wife."

You tugged on her shirt impatiently, making her laugh.

"Alright, alright, let's go."

She let you bring your little stuffed husky and drove to the grocery store close by.

It was a huge warehouse and you were scared of losing Taeyeon. So you clutched her hand as tightly as your little hand could.

She smiled down at your reasurringly. "Hold on to my shirt baby, I need to push the cart."

You did, obediently, looking around curiously. There were people everywhere, milling around with their shopping carts, looking through aisles and aisles of food and supplies.

A heavenly smell caught your attention, your nose twitching in excitement, and you pulled Umma towards the source desperately, seeing the area surrounded by people. You pleaded at your umma, asking if you could go see. Taeyeon nodded at you encouragingly, and you made your way though to see what was going on.

It was a sample cart, with sausage. You love sausage.

So you grabbed two, and walked back, squeezing through the crowds of people. You found Taeyeon again right where you had left her, and you handed one to her.

"Aww, you got one for me?"

You nodded.

"Thank you, baby!"

You smiled a toothy grin up at her, scarfing down the sausage. Mmmm....delicious.

Taeyeon, noticing how much you liked it, grabbed a bag of the sausage.

"Baby, there are more samples over there," she pointed towards a cart with less people not too far away. "Do you wanna go see what it is?"

You grinned, setting off for the cart. You hurried as fast as your little feet could take you, tiptoeing to see the food.

Chicken Nuggets! I like chicken nuggets!

You grabbed two, bowing politely at the person manning the cart, when you froze. A few aisles over, you saw someone that you never wanted to see again. You weren't sure whether you saw correctly until they moved and the three people- well, two and a hybrid- started walking...right in your direction.

You ran off as fast as your little feet could take you.

Where's mommy? Where's mommy? 

Panic flooded your chest when you realized that she wasn't where she left you- you lost her.

Umma! Umma!

You turned your head and saw the three again. They didn't seem like they had noticed you, but you don't want them to, so you ran in the opposite direction.

You saw a flash of blonde hair a few aisles over from where you left Taeyeon and you followed it to see Taeyeon heading back towards where you had looked for her- and where those people were heading.

You quickly ran towards her, crashing into her when she stopped.

"Oof! Baby! Baby?"

You were crying, tears streaming down your face. You gave her the chicken nugget, still looking around in fear in case they saw you; you didn't see them. Then you ate your own chicken nugget. As soon as your hands were freed, you raised your arms to ask for a hug.

She picked you up, frowning as she gently bounced you.

"I'm sorry I left, baby. I was just putting something back. Did I scare you?"

You didn't answer her, still looking around for them. You saw them at the other end of the long aisle, a few people between you two, and you whimpered quietly in fear. Terrified, you pulled Taeyeon's jacket over your face to hide it from them. She just looked at you, a little confused and very, very worried.

"Baby...what's wrong?"

You sniffled and buried your face deeper into her shirt.

Someone tapped Taeyeon on the shoulder and she turned.

"Excuse me, but I think you have something of ours."

You looked up and saw the german shepherd hybrid- the very one that had bullied you- staring straight at you, your old master and mistress smiling pleasantly at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon opened the door for you and you looked up to see Taeyeon smiling down at you.

"Thank you, baby girl," she cooed. In your two little hands, you held a grocery bag with a few light things in it. Another small bag was balanced carefully on your fluffy tail. The rest of the bags were in Umma's hands.

Tiffany came out and helped Taeyeon carry the stuff over.

"Always gotta do it in one trip, huh?"

She nodded sheepishly. 

When they had put all the stuff away, Taeyeon collapsed onto the couch. You were playing on the rug in front of it, waiting for them to finish, and as soon as she sat down you crawled over to her, raising your arms.

She bent down and picked you up, muttering an "aigoo... you're growing big" as she did so.

You ignored her words, laying your head on her chest, your pointed ears pressed against her heart. You could hear her heart beat and you relaxed in her hold.

Safe. Secure.

"Baby?"

You looked up at Umma.

"Do you remember those people at the store?"

You nodded, subconsciously shifting.

"Did they hurt you?"

You turned your big eyes towards Umma, biting your lower lip with your little canines, not answering the question.

"You know that you can trust mommy, right? We'll keep you safe, baby. We'll never hurt you, I promise."

You nodded, snuggling closer into Umma's strong arms.

Safe. Umma is safe.

"You were very good today, baby."

"What happened?" Tiffany sat down next to Umma, who began to explain.

"Baby ran to me crying. I didn't know what happened at first, I thought it was just 'cause she got lost-"

"WHAT?" Mommy yelled loudly.

"Relax, Fany, she just went to get a sample and I had to put something away and when she came back I wasn't there but she found me pretty quickly after."

"Then what happened?"

"She saw her old owners."

Mommy stiffened, and you pressed yourself against Umma even more.

Badum. Badum. Badum.

"They want her back."

"No."

"That's what I said."

"What did they say?"

"They said that they have the papers and the registration- she's theirs."

"But- But they-!"

Taeyeon sighed. 

"I wanted it to go easier so I offered to pay for her adoption, registration fee and everything."

"They said no?"

Taeyeon tried to whisper her next words so you wouldn't hear them, but with your sensitive years, you heard them anyways.

"I think they really want her back."

You whimpered and she lifted you up from her lap, patting your back and bouncing you lightly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter