Score

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Across... across... over to Yul... no, no, aish.... yes... yes... yes! Sooyoung! Back.... SHOOT!" 

Taeyeon sighed as Sooyoung missed the goal. She could see Sooyoung deflate in disappointment too, jogging back quickly with a frustrated expression.

The goal kick sailed the ball past the half line. There was a small scuffle between Yuri and the mid from the opposing team but it wasn't long until their team won the ball back.

"Yes... Good....good... over to Sun! Back, back! Now cross..."

There was a giggle heard beside her and she looked over to see the other team's center forward looking at her. Her hair was a little messy and sweaty from the game, but her eye smile made her look energetic as ever. Taeyeon hoped she could outrun her. She looked like she had good endurance.

Taeyeon blinked when the girl was still chuckling at her.

"What?"

"Do you always talk to yourself on the field?" 

Taeyeon was taken aback a bit. "Oh...uh," she blinked some more. "Sorry. Yeah." 

The grin that was directed at her only grew wider and Taeyeon couldn't help but to smile back shyly. 

"It's okay, I just think it's c-funny."

"Oh."

"I'm Tiffany, by the way," The other girl flashed that blinding eye smile again.

Beautiful, Taeyeon thought. She stared and gaped before she remembered that she hadn't replied and grinned awkwardly, introducing herself simply as, "Taeyeon."

Taeyeon didn't get to say anything else before they both tensed up. They had both been keeping an eye on the game, and as Tiffany's team began to make a comeback, approaching the half line, they knew they were about to run.

"Tiff!"

Taeyeon didn't react quick enough. The ball came rushing towards them with a clean pass, and Tiffany bursted off running with the ball after a good touch. She didn't even have time to mutter a curse before she set off, chasing down the pretty girl in a red uniform.

Taeyeon rushed down the field. With a quick glance to her side, she confirmed that the two were the only ones even remotely close. The other forward on Tiffany's team was moving too slow to catch up and her own teammates were far behind after that very good pass to Tiffany through their line. With any luck, once she got the ball back from Tiffany, she could pass it to their goalie Yoona and they could switch the field.

So she ran. Taking a deep breath, she pistoned her legs as fast as possible, running alongside Tiffany. She was slowly edging closer and closer to her, catching up slowly but surely. After Tiffany kicked to keep the ball moving forward, Taeyeon saw the short window of opportunity. She edged in a foot between Tiffany and the ball, trying to take control. The brunette wasn't giving up so easily though, and she nudged the ball from between Taeyeon's feet in a desperate attempt to keep it away from the girl in white and blue. Still, Taeyeon caught up to the ball quickly and turned, ready to pass it off to the goalie.

Unfortunately, their little scuffle had slowed them down and the other forward was waiting by the goal. The blonde knew that with anyone near the goal, it'd be too dangerous to pass to Yoona, so she sped forward back towards the half line, evading Tiffany, before delivering a neat kick over to a mid in white.

As her teammates carried the ball back to the other half, Taeyeon put her hands on her head, breathing hard. Tiffany wasn't far behind, approaching Taeyeon slowly.

They both watched the game silently for a while. The ball didn't really move to Taeyeon's side- her teammates up front were keeping the ball pretty well under control.

"You're fast," Taeyeon commented.

"Not as fast as you," Tiffany replied, her voice light. Taeyeon could her the smile in her voice. "So what school do you go to?"

"I go to Northbridge," Taeyeon replied. "You?"

"I go to Lakewood."

Tiffany's eyes shifted to the sidelines. "Is that your boyfriend?" she asked suddenly, almost making Taeyeon choke in surprise. Taeyeon followed her line of sight to see a guy clad in the distinctinve Northbridge gold and white, holding up a giant poster that read, "Run, Taeyeon, Run!"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "No, that's my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter