Baking Ingredients

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung heard a knock on her door. She groaned as she got up to open the door and saw a slightly nervous woman standing there.

"Ummm, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Tiffany, your neighbor. Um...do you have any flour? I'm baking and I kind of ran out."

"Oh yeah," Sooyoung said, heading into the kitchen. She took out the small bag of flour and gave it to the girl. "Take the entire thing, we never use it."

"Oh, thanks!" She gave Sooyoung a smile. "I'm sorry, I never asked your name. Thank you..."

"Sooyoung."

"Thanks, Sooyoung. It was nice meeting you."

"You too, see you around."

Sooyoung saw Tiffany walk away right as Taeyeon came back.

"Hey, Tae."

"Hey, Soo. Who was that girl?" Taeyeon dropped off her groceries in the kitchen, blowing her hair out from her face before putting all her books down, groaning.

"Oh, that's Tiffany. Our neighbor. She borrowed our flour for baking."

"Mmm, that's nice." Taeyeon sounded nonchalant, but Sooyoung could sense the smile in her voice, even with her back turned.

"What do you think?"

"She's pretty," Taeyeon said, still sounding impassive.

"Mmm, you like her?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "I only said that she was pretty."

"And you haven't said a girl was pretty since you dated that girl. That Jessica girl. What happened to her again?"

"She moved back to America and we decided we weren't going to have a long distance relationship so it was a mutual break up. Anyways, back to Tiffany. I can't simply admire a girl?"

"You can, but you don't," Sooyoung pointed out, helping Taeyeon unpack the takeout food she had brought home.

"Well I just did."

"Mmm. Sure, whatever." Taeyeon didn't catch Sooyoung's smirk.

The next day, Taeyeon found their bag of flour-half gone-and a box of snickerdoodles at their doorstep with a note.

"Hey, Sooyoung.

Thanks for letting me borrow your flour! Here's some of the cookies that we baked with it. I hope you enjoy!

Your neighbor, Tiffany"

She brought it in, smiling.

"Whatcha got there, Tae?" Sooyoung asked, noticing the package.

"Tiffany gave us the left over flour back with some cookies."

She placed it on the table, opening the box. A cookie disappeared immediately.

"Mmm, this is good!" Sooyoung moaned.

"Shikshin! Can't even wait a moment," Taeyeon grabbed a cookie herself and took a bite. "Mm, this IS good!"

"She's good too," Sooyoung suddenly said.

"Tiffany?"

"Mmhm."

"Good for what?"

"Good wife material for you," Sooyoung teased.

"Yah! Anyways, she probably already has a significant other."

"Huh? How'd you know?"

"The note said 'we baked' not 'I baked'."

"Wow reading so into a note. You soooo like her."

"Do not!"

"Don't worry, she's probably just baking with a friend, if that makes you feel better about your chances."

"Shut up."

Someone knocked on the door, waking Sooyoung up.

To be honest, it wasn't even early. Sooyoung just slept in.

"I'll be right with you!" Sooyoung hastily got dressed and made herself look presentable enough for public view before opening the door.

"Hi, Sooyoung," Tiffany greeted shyly. "Sorry about this, but can I borrow some baking powder?"

"Ahhh, baking again?" Sooyoung nodded, giving her the box. "Here you go. We enjoyed those snickerdoodles, by the way."

"We?" Tiffany asked. "Oh, do you live with that girl that came the other day just as I was leaving?"

"Which girl?"

"Um, the small cute one?" Sooyoung grinned.

"Oh yeah, Taeyeon. She's my roommate."

"Ahh. Cool. Is she here now?"

"Nah, she has class today. She comes back in a few hours, though." Sooyoung smirked as she can see Tiffany's faint blush.

"Oh, ok. Anyways, thanks again!"

A few hours later, when Taeyeon came home, Sooyoung called her over, smirking.

"She asked about you today."

"Who?"

"Tiffany."

Taeyeon blushed. "Really?"

"Mmhm. She even called you cute."

Taeyeon frowned. "Are you lying, Choi Sooyoung?"

"No! She was just like 'oh, do you live with that girl' and I was like 'what girl' and she was like 'that cute girl'."

Taeyeon smiled shyly. "Really?"

"Well technically she said the 'small cute girl' but I mean, she's not wrong." Taeyeon tried and failed to glare as Sooyoung simply pinched her cheeks and patted her head.

"Don't glare, it's not scary."

The next morning, there were pancakes at their doorstep along with the baking powder and another note.

"Hello, Sooyoung and Taeyeon

Thanks for the baking powder. We made pancakes and I hope you enjoy them for breakfast. They're really good with whipped cream and strawberries or classic maple syrup.

Thanks! Tiffany"

"You told her my name too?"

"Are you complaining?"

"Well...no, but that doesn't mean anything, I was just making an observation," Taeyeon explained quickly.

"Sure you were."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter