I Feel Like Flying

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon woke up early, groaning.

Well, it wasnt early, just earlier than noon, which is when she usually woke up.

"You're awake right now?" Her roommate Sunny asked, surprised, when she walked out of her room and into the kitchen. "Wait, actually, why are you awake right now?"

"Yuri and Hyoyeon invited us to go diving, remember?" Taeyeon asked, grabbing a cold bagel and taking a bite. She started making some coffee, hoping that it would make the prada bags under her eyes disappear. 

"Oh yeah! You're going? You, the home fairy? Who has refused to go diving for 25 years because she hates the sea?"

"It was a dare, and I have to do it because they did theirs. Or else I pay for their meals for a month, and I can't afford that right now."

"Ah, that makes more sense. Where is it?"

"At the pier. Yuri wants to go see some pretty ladies in bikinis and Hyoyeon just wants to do something fun. Wanna come?"

"Nah. Gotta date with Sooyoung."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Sunny- biggest daredevil tamed by a tall monster."

"Hey! It's not my fault that I found my soulmate. Speaking of which, you need to find yours, too. You're getting old, ahjumma."

"I'm 25!"

"And Juhyun found hers when she was 15! You're late."

"There are people who never find their soulmates, you know."

"And you wanna be one of them? You're going to be. It's impossible to find people if you never leave the house. You could even find her today!"

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out.

"Yeah, yeah, I bet your soulmate won't find that too attractive."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, just as the doorbell rang. Yuri and Hyoyeon sauntered in when Sunny opened the door.

"Hey guys!"

"Why are you guys here?" Taeyeon asked with a small growl.

"Making sure you're actually coming. Come on, the best time to go diving is at noon, and it's 11."

"Fine, fine, let's go."

Taeyeon tossed her mostly eaten bagel onto her plate and stood up, walking out with the two.

"Come on, Taeng. Let's go!"

The two adventurous friends unfurled their wings and soared away, Taeyeon not far behind.

Yes, wings. They were huge, and reached a little further than one's arm span. They were kind of a hassle sometimes, but they were pretty convenient.

Taeyeon's wings weren't too big, just the right size for her small stature. They were a pale lilac color, which was pretty good with her. It was one of her favorite colors, the other being blue, so she didn't mind. It was better than Sunny's, which were a bright, obnoxious, yellow. Taeyeon liked to claim that they would stand out like a highlighter so that someone could rescue her when the daredevil got in trouble diving off a cliff for fun or swimming in the sea.

She vaguely wondered what Sooyoung thought about the color. As her soulmate, she had the same wings, after all. But she was probably more interested in food to care.

They landed on the pier pretty quickly. The beach wasn't far from where they lived, just a couple minutes' flying. It was the perfect temperature outside for swimming, and people were dotted like ants all over the sandy shoreline.

"Maybe next time we should dare Taeng to swim," Yuri mused, seeing Taeyeon's horror.

"What? No! Diving is bad enough."

"Diving is fun! Look, there's even kids diving."

Taeyeon looked where they were pointing, and saw a couple of five to seven year olds hopping off of the pier like baby birds, their father right behind them.

"They're like Sunny as kids! I'm that one!" She pointed to a kid on the other side of the pier who refused to dive, no matter how much her parents tried to coax her into it.

"Well now we're here, so let's go! Just jump straight down, head first, and then glide over to that target right there," Hyoyeon pointed at the floating buoy a couple of meters away where the kids and their father landed and then hopped off, flying back to the pier.

"The closer you stay to the edge of the water, the more fun it is!"

"No, I hate the water!" Taeyeon screeched.

"Why, I don't get it? Water is fun!" Yuri countered.

"It's wet, it soaks into my wings and my wings get heavy and it's hard to fly and it takes forever to dry, even when I flap them."

"Fine then, but skimming the water with your feet won't get your wings that wet."

"Promise?"

"Who's the kid now?" Yuri muttered, as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter