Casual Cuddle Crush

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, pass the soda!"

Someone passed the bottle to Jessica, who passed it to Sehun, who passed it to Chanyeol, who finally passed it to DO sitting on the couch.

"Does anyone have an HTMI cord?"

"I brought one!"

"Shhh, guys, it's midnight."

"Pshhh, there's nobody in the rooms around us."

"Still, the halls echo, remember? We don't want Mr. Lee to hear us."

"He's asleep, and so's Park. But fine," Baekhyun said in a quieter voice.

Taeyeon watched this all with an amused eye. She wasn't really close with most of the guys, but she knew the host of this little party, and she had brought her two roommates over. It was their first time at their school club's annual field trip, but Taeyeon had come to the party last year for the food and she knew the people there were good, funny people.

The host was the club's president and there weren't any drugs or alcohol involved, not that the party was even big enough for that. They were in a cramped hotel room, barely big enough to fit all ten of them.

"Someone grab me a box of ramen."

"Here," a box was tossed over.

"Lit."

The conversation dwindled into silence. It was a bit awkward, but it was one a.m. and everyone was dead tired after their activities during the day.

"Hey, what do you guys wanna do?" Hyoyeon asked, lounging against a chair.

"I don't know, Never Have I Ever?"

"Dude, no, Taeyeon always wins and I literally always lose."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Wanna play Mafia?"

"Yes!"

"Omg yes!"

"Wait guys, how do you play? I usually just play Werewolf..."

"It's essentially the same concept. Except for like, more rounds. Don't worry, it's not hard to understand."

"Here..."

"We'll pick by cards."

"How many mafia?"

"Two."

Taeyeon hated this game. She was the worst liar in the world, especially when it came to coming up with creative excuses out of nowhere to defend yourself.

And lo and behold, when she took a look at the card, she was the Mafia.

"Okay guys, go to sleep!" Chanyeol called.

"Mafia wake up!"

She looked up and opened her eyes. Great. Her partner was her best friend, Seohyun.

Which was great, she loved Seohyun and all, but god, if this wasn't the worst possible combination for Mafia...

Seohyun pointed at their other best friend, Tiffany, and Taeyeon shrugged, nodding. The two of them nodded at Tiffany, who was falling asleep on her spot leaning against the couch. Taeyeon couldn't help but grin at how adorable it was, but she quickly schooled her expression into a poker face when Chanyeol told them to go back to sleep and called for the sheriff to wake up. 

And, as expected, Taeyeon was accused within the first round.

"Dude it's Taeyeon."

"What? Why?!"

"I think it's Taeyeon too."

"You see, you wouldn't want us to know it's you, so you'd choose your best friend."

She didn't even know what to say, how did they even guess her? She wasn't even the one who really picked Tiffany! Out of the nine people playing?(Chanyeol was narrating).

Thank god someone pointed something out about Kai being quiet in the corner(though he was always rather quiet) and Taeyeon was in the clear, for this round at least.

They played a couple of rounds before both Taeyeon and Seohyun were accused and they lost. It wasn't much of a surprise and that made it even more boring. Taeyeon had gotten out in the third round, unable to think up random illogical excuses, and it didn't take too long for Seohyun to get out too.

Tiffany was nearly asleep, though she tried desperately to stay awake.

"You wanna go back?" Taeyeon asked, noticing her best friend's state.

Tiffany hesitated. She didn't want to take Taeyeon away from the party, but she really was rather tired. Knowing Tiffany, Taeyeon smiled reassuringly.

"I need to study on the bus ride back tomorrow, I should probably sleep too."

Slowly, Tiffany nodded, and so Taeyeon took her hand. It was casual- they were always like that. And they always joked about being friends with benefits(the benefits being spazzing about kpop together, talking about anything with no judgement, and lots of cuddlees. At least one hug per day.)

Taeyeon wasn't sure if Tiffany knew she wasn't straight. She was pretty sure she had hinted at it once when they weren't as close friends as they are now, and Tiffany knew that all her favorite celebrities were girls, but that didn't really mean anything and Tiffany never brought it up, if she even remembered.

But slowly, Taeyeon thought she could love Tiffany as more than friends, if Tiffany was down.

Nothing serious yet. Just an idea, but an idea nonetheless.

The thing is- she wasn't really sure if Tiffany was straight or not. She joked around a lot and she was a fun person to be around but she's never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend(as far as she knows) and she loves girl groups only slightly less

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter