Every Kiss Begins With Tae Part 1

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows at the woman who came in to her shop.

"I want to buy a ring."

Well, clearly. Taeyeon was a jeweler and expert ring customizer, after all. But Taeyeon would be polite.

"For what occasion?" 

"My wedding ring," The womam said nervously. Taeyeon was a well known master jeweler and she was especially famous for only taking requests she found interesting.

"Do you have anything in mind?"

"Um..."

Taeyeon groaned internally. Didn't this woman know she had tons of requests to fulfill? Nonetheless, she prompted the woman to continue. She found this woman interesting, perhaps in part because she must have had a reason to come for a wedding ring alone.

"Well, can one ring be white gold and have pink tinted diamonds?" Taeyeon raised her perfectly drawn eyebrows eyebrows again. It was an awfully simple request for a jeweler like her.

"Anything else? In any particular shape?"

"I'd like a rose?" Tiffany asked meekly, put off by the interrogation. To be completely honest, the woman with the perfectly straightened long black hair and the shimmering purple blazer wasn't what she was expecting when she came to get customized rings for her wedding.

"And for your husband?" Taeyeon continued, looking at her diamond embellished nails disinterestedly.

"Well...a simple gold band...and a white diamond...I don't know what shape..."

Taeyeon finally let out a sigh and looked back up at the girl.

"Look, you clearly don't know what your husband wants, so why don't you come back later, with your husband and a better idea of what you want?"

The woman nodded and bowed. "Thank you for your time," she said politely, then quickly left the room, feeling suffocated in the dark purple walls illuminated only by the bright white lights showcasing the glowing diamonds and the gleaming metal tools.

Afterr the door closed behind her, Taeyeon languidly picked up a small, pink diamond from the meticulously organized padded box of crystals with a pair of tweezers and brought it to her eye, smirking.

You're an interesting woman. We'll see how this goes. Who knows, I might actually make you that ring.

Tiffany sighed. I don't know why mother insisted on this jeweler. But she knew she was wondering in vain. Her mother was dead and there was nothing she could do. It was her  mother's request and she would do anything she could to fulfill it.

The next time she went, it was with her husband.

"Why am I here again?"

"She wanted to know what kind of ring to make for you."

"Why couldn't you just tell her something?"

"She told me to come back with you and I'm not going to say no."

He sighed and walked in with his fiancee.

Taeyeon observed the two of them closely. So this is her husband.  She saw how stiffly they stood beside each other.

"Welcome back," She greeted coldly. Tiffany bowed to her nervously again and nudged her husband, who reluctantly bowed too.

"So what rings have you decided on?"

"I still want my ring and..." Tiffany looked at her husband, who sighed.

"Look," he said, "Whatever she says is fine. I don't really care about the ring or how simple it is. Now, I have a meeting in," he looked at his watch, "An hour, so I must go prepare the papers. Excuse me." He left, without saying another word.

"I-I'm sorry about that," Tiffany said, looking down at her hands.

"Why are you with him?" Taeyeon asked, her usually cold tone interlaced with a hint of gentleness.

"I-um.." To be honest, the question made her a little uncomfortable.

"Answer me..."

"Tiffany. Tiffany...Hwang." 

"So?"

"I..." She took a deep breath. For mother. "It's arranged."

"By?"

"My father...and Nickhun's."

"I assume that that is your husband..."

"Yes...."

Interesting.... Taeyeon scrutinized the woman with her piercing eyes.

"And why are you here?"

"What?"

"In my shop? He obviously doesn't care and you don't seem to want a fancy customized ring. Why do you need to see me."

Tiffany liked and hated how straightforward she was.

"I- It's a request. From my mother."

"And why did sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter