Every Kiss Begins With Tae Part 3(Final)

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dad, I need to talk to you.”

Her father frowned. “I’m busy Steph,” he said, not looking up from his work.

She took a deep breath and braced herself.

“I quit the engagement.”

It made him look up sharply up as he furrowed his eyebrows, looking at her.

“Why, Steph? No, you can’t just do this with no reason."

“I have a reason! I don’t want to! And it’s my life!”

“Steph, it’s for the company. We need to merge these companies.”

“Why is my personal life brought into your work? My entire future based on one merger?”

“Stephanie, you know that this is a huge opportunity for our family.”

“Our family? What family? Mom is dead, you basically sold me off for your job, what family?!”

“Stephanie!”

“You know it’s true, father. I agreed to get married to that man. I never wanted to, but I thought I could at least make the most of it, maybe he’d at least satisfy me despite this arrangement but no! I tried my best to get close, be nice, maybe it’d work out. It’s not working out and it never will.”

“You don't know that, Steph.”

“And what do you want me to do? Wait my entire life to see if one day he’ll actually try to be a good husband and not pretend I don’t exist unless he needs me to? No.”

“It’s not that bad,”

“If you’re so blinded, why don’t you go marry him? I was going to make it a request, but now that I’m here I'm not backing out. I’m not asking you to call off the wedding, I am telling you that it is called off. Goodbye dad.”

She could hear her father yelling behind her as she walked out of there as fast as she could. She wouldn’t let him see her tears. She pulled open her car door and slammed it shut, backing out of the driveway and leaving without another word.

She drove aimlessly and found herself heading towards the jewelry shop, but she didn't stop herself, wanting, no, needing, to talk to that woman.

Tiffany parked and made her way to the store, staring at the ground. She pushed open the door slowly and breathed in the familiar perfumed scent of the room.

“Hel-Tiffany! Are you...crying?” Taeyeon sounded concerned, getting up from her seat and making her way to the other side of she counter.

“Fany…”

With that, Tiffany finally let out her tears and launched herself at Taeyeon, hugging her and crying into her shoulder.

“Fany, what's wrong?”

Tiffany couldn't answer, hiccuping from her tears, and Taeyeon rubbed her back soothingly, holding her in her arms.

“I-I told my d-dad to cancel the engagement.” Tiffany felt Taeyeon tense up in her arms.

“What did he say?”

“He kept trying to convince me to stay and I told him it wasn't a request and I walked out of there and he was yelling and…”

“Shh...it’s ok…”

Taeyeon let Tiffany bury her face into her neck and they stood there until she calmed down. She kissed away her tears lovingly, making Tif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter